Grado Fan Club!
Apr 28, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #35,416 of 65,548
nice! thank man.don't mind at all

btw is it only me or you guys also experience this? i have to re-login every time i open the website again even though i already checklist the always sign in box
Glad you don't mind. Contact joe@head-fi.org and let him know about your logging-in issue. I don't have this issue, but I know some others are having it too.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #35,417 of 65,548
Yep, this is hugely frustrating! I have found that if I go to my profile and select watched threads, it shows unread watched threads and yes, they disappear... If I weren't trying to organize a Grado head-fi meet for Omaha on
May 20, I wouldn't even bother!

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #35,418 of 65,548
btw is it only me or you guys also experience this? i have to re-login every time i open the website again even though i already checklist the always sign in box

When you open head-fi, login will not say logout, but switch to another subforum and it will say logout.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #35,419 of 65,548
I'm experiencing the same thing and lots of other bugs.

First had to reset my password to log in. Then, just now, I logged in on the front page and it said I was still logged out. Hit the Log In button again, didn't do anything (not even show the login screen). Then decided to go to a subforum just to browse and suddenly it said I was logged in.

This is extremely buggy and clearly was not thoroughly tested before deploying. Even if the new format wasn't terrible (which it is!), it is still very unreliable. Such a shame for one of the biggest sites in headphone audio.

Not to mention the mess that is the classifieds now...

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #35,421 of 65,548
If anyone has any stock grado cups, please PM me, also I have an iPod classic to trade for some wooden ones if anyone has any.

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #35,422 of 65,548
OK, so I came across an alternative instead of clicking on the time stamp to get to the thread like I mentioned in another post. In "Unread Watched Threads" there is a small dot (•) next to the unread thread you want to read, click on it and it will take you directly to the first unread post in that thread. Remember, you must be under "Unread Watched Threads". I've now set this page to my favorites so I can see what was posted when I go to the H-F site.

EDIT: To get to "Unread Watched Threads" click on "Unread" in the upper right hand corner.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #35,423 of 65,548
So do you mean you want to re-cable your GH1 for portable use?
Or do you want to balance them with a 4-pin male XLR?

8-Conductor Cable:
Pin 1 = Left Positive (Red Wire) & 1-Blue Negative (32-Ohms)
Pin 2 = Left Negative (Red Wire) " "
Pin 3 = Right Positive (White Wire) " "
Pin 4 = Right Negative (white Wire) " "

After cutting the 1/8" TRS termination off check for (32-Ohms) with a Multi-Meter between the LEFT SIDE +/- (RED) wires and 2 out of the 4 negative (BLUE) wires. Once you've determined which 2 negative (BLUE) wires read (32-Ohms) to the LEFT SIDE +/- (RED) wires twist 1 of the negative (BLUE) wire to the LEFT SIDE + (RED) wire and the other negative (BLUE) wire to the LEFT SIDE - (RED) wire. Now solder the 4 wires coming from the LEFT SIDE driver to pin #'s 1&2 as shown below. Repeat for the RIGHT SIDE driver for pin #s 3&4. Now you have a balanced 4-pin male XLR terminated cable. I did my GH1 as well!
smile.gif

Hey @joseph69 is this right? Do I join a + and negative lead to each pin?

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #35,424 of 65,548
Hey @joseph69 is this right? Do I join a + and negative lead to each pin?
Hold on!
I Don't know what happened with this post?
Below (in red) is the correct wiring for an 8-conductor cable.

Pin #-1 gets the 2 Left positive wires.

Pin #-2 gets the 2 Left negative wires.
Pin #-3 gets the 2 Right positive wires
Pin #-4 gets the 2 right negative wires.
You'll be joining 2 positives and 2 negatives (L/R) to each lead.

Please disregard that post…I don't know what happened with it, but it is no longer correct.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #35,428 of 65,548
@joseph69 thanks for clarifying things up for me. I thought it looked odd so thought I'd ask first. Now I only need to know how to wire the remaining 6.3mm jack to a female 4 pin xlr for an adapter… :D

2 Left positive wires go to the Tip.
2 Right positive wires go to the Ring.
4 Ground wires go to the Sleeve.

Wire your 4-pin XLR the same as before.

How are you making out?

Apr 29, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #35,429 of 65,548
2 Left positive wires go to the Tip.
2 Right positive wires go to the Ring.
4 Ground wires go to the Sleeve.

Wire your 4-pin XLR the same as before.

How are you making out?
I terminated my ps1k already (thanks for the help!).

I tried doing the adapter but not sure how to match up the negative wires to L and R? I'm using the remaining piece of 8 conductor cable with the stock Grado 6.3mm TRS on one end. When I put the multimeter leads on one positive and then on the negative, all the negative wires are active since they are all connected to the sleeve.

How the heck do I determine which are the negative L and negative R wires!? Lol :confused::thinking:

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #35,430 of 65,548
I terminated my ps1k already (thanks for the help!).

I tried doing the adapter but not sure how to match up the negative wires to L and R? I'm using the remaining piece of 8 conductor cable with the stock Grado 6.3mm TRS on one end. When I put the multimeter leads on one positive and then on the negative, all the negative wires are active since they are all connected to the sleeve.

How the heck do I determine which are the negative L and negative R wires!? Lol :confused::thinking:
The RIGHT channel are the 2 POSITIVE WHITE wires which go to the TIP so you should read continuity between the TIP and the 2 WHITE wires.

The LEFT channel are the 2 POSITIVE RED wires which go to the RING so you should read continuity between the RING and the 2 RED wires.

The NEGATIVE (ground) wires are the remaining 4 BLUE wires which go to the SLEEVE. (No need to sort them out they ALL go to the SLEEVE). You should read continuity between the SLEEVE and the 4 BLUE wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back