Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions & pictures in!)
Nov 23, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #106 of 198
  Hi Folks,

just wanted to share my own view of the recently bought B03 cable. And I must say it won't be that sweet and honey. In fact these cables are nothing! I.e. it's not that they are particularly bad but they just sound nothing, i.e. doesn't improve your sound at all. Don't bring clarity, improve sound stage and etc... For example, another cable from Ghentaudio for a similar price uses Canare L-2B2AT. This Canare cable in my local market here costs less than 1$/meter. Don't even think it will sound good for this price. It just have different qualities for professional use, i.e. durability and RF isolation. I thought Chinese OFC cable would be better... but it's not!

Pailiccs connectors are also not that good. Not very tight and copper connectors are not very well polished as well. I.e. there are scratches here and there underneath(!) the "gold" finishing.

But assembly quality is good, I agree here.

All in all, these cables are just not worth their money. For half of that price one might get a similar-sounding cable in their next-door retail store (i.e. philipps, vivanco gold series and etc...). You just need to select carefully. There's lots of crap as well. =)

I also see reviews here very often saying cable is sturdy... is that what you really value most when bying a hi-fi cable?

(i've been comparing my Ghentaudio cable to a Van Den Hull the First bundled with a good quality off-the-shelf 2xRCA to 3,5 TRS adapter)

You really expect CABLES to improve the clarity and sound-stage in some kind of really significant, noticable way?  *snorts*

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #107 of 198
  I will never buy from this company ever again. Everyone seemed to think these cables are so good and reliable, so I went ahead and bought a half-meter (1.5ft) micro-USB cable from Ghentaudio. It got here a few days ago. IT IS ALREADY MALFUNCTIONING. I was using it with my X3ii as a USB DAC with my laptop, and now the micro-USB connector at the X3ii end seems to have become touchy. . .whenever the cable is moved slightly, the connection cuts-off.

I don't even know what I should do.  What SHOULD I do?  It's not like there is warranty coverage, is there?  Is there some way I can get a refund?

Well, I don't know if the cable I got was just a fluke (not gonna risk getting another USB cable from them as a result), but I have to say that holy crap, their customer-service is AMAZING, to the point that I would still recommend them to people regardless, and will probably get some speaker-cables from them at some point in the future.

I emailed them about the cable that stopped working, and without even requiring me to send the cable back to them, Ghent refunded the money for it to my PayPal!  The entire email exchange and refund process took less than 36 hours!  I did nto expect some small DIY company from China to have such good service.  Nice!
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #108 of 198

Well, I don't know if the cable I got was just a fluke (not gonna risk getting another USB cable from them as a result), but I have to say that holy crap, their customer-service is AMAZING, to the point that I would still recommend them to people regardless, and will probably get some speaker-cables from them at some point in the future.

I emailed them about the cable that stopped working, and without even requiring me to send the cable back to them, Ghent refunded the money for it to my PayPal!  The entire email exchange and refund process took less than 36 hours!  I did nto expect some small DIY company from China to have such good service.  Nice!
biggrin.gif

I have nothing but good (aftersales) experience with Ghentaudio.
The headphone cable I got did what I wanted from it, it is sturdy, good quality, don't add extra clarity or whatever because I just want it to sound like the input/source. Don't have experience with other cables but I won't hesitate to buy again from them.

Dec 4, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #109 of 198
I have a good rapport with Ghentaudio, I have 2 Custom made USB micro cable which I found it difficult to make locally. I even requested to cut off the Vcc rail and they happily to do it without xtra charges.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #110 of 198

The headphone cable I got did what I wanted from it, it is sturdy, good quality, don't add extra clarity or whatever because I just want it to sound like the input/source. Don't have experience with other cables but I won't hesitate to buy again from them.

Because of the excellent customer service, I will certainly not hesitate to buy from them again in the future, either, despite the fact that the USB cable turned out to be defective.

It's looking like in the future I will need some RCA cables, at some point.  Will probably go to Ghent to get them.

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #111 of 198
Hey guys if I want a 3.5mm male to RCA (M+M) cable, which of these two would be better:

http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/b02.html

or 

http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/b03.html

And why?

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #112 of 198
B02 is split close to the 3.5 mm jack so you can plug the rca into two sockets far away from each other. Why not b01 tho?

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #113 of 198
B02 is split close to the 3.5 mm jack so you can plug the rca into two sockets far away from each other. Why not b01 tho?

All I wanna know is:  Which 3.5mm-to-RCA cable will give me the PUREST POSSIBLE SIGNAL?  

Dec 6, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #116 of 198
Dec 7, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #118 of 198
Dec 27, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #119 of 198

I am interested in getting the same cable you got for your Fidelio X1's (D11) for my Fidelio X2's. I am concerned with how it fits onto the headphone, how snug the connection is, and if it adds serious weight to the headphone. I want a good quality cable that looks nice, and it seems to check the boxes, but I am concerned with how usable it is for the X2's. Main concern is how snug are the connectors, seeing that it does not have the extra ridge the D01 has. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back