Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions & pictures in!)
Jul 4, 2014 at 4:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 198

H20Fidelity

Headphoneus Supremus
I was looking on eBay today as we do stumbling across this cable maker.

He seems to have quite a variety of cables from RCA to RCA, RCA to 3.5mm etc...

I was wondering if anyone has used his cables before and give some insight? The prices seem fair and he has different lengths.

I went ahead and purchased one of his RCA to 3.5mm cables for around $17.00

You can see his listed items here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/ghentaudio/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

If anyone has had any experience with his cables or can give some feedback that would be great.

Update: My cable arrived in 10 days. First impressions / pictures can be seen here > Link ( Click Here )

tl/dr:

Very impressed with the price to performance ratio and build quality.

Photo Album of members cables arriving.

Jul 5, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 198
Wow, their cables are really quite cheap! Can't do any harm to try one right? 

Jul 5, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #3 of 198
  Wow, their cables are really quite cheap! Can't do any harm to try one right? 

I agree the prices are good. It's the first I've seen from him on eBay personally.

He seems passionate about his work.

Taken from the listing: 

1. ghentaudio have already released over 40 kinds of audio interconnect cables...
  2. Speaker cables, RCA/Phono cables, XLR cables, USB cables, 75Ω/110Ω Coax Cables, 3.5 AUX TRS cables, 6.35 TRS/TS cables, RCA-to-XLR, 3.5-to-RCA, 3.5-to-XLR, 6.35-to-RCA, 6.35-to-XLR, 3.5-to-6.35, , Speaker Bridge cables...etc)
          All cables, are purely 100% Handmade craftwork, Genuine Material & Solid Substance

Really interested to try this RCA to 3.5mm cable I ordered.

Jul 5, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #4 of 198
Ok, so it appears ghentaudio does have a website after all, the introduction to their eBay store is new which explains why I hadn't seen them before. They also seem to sell amps and a few other bits and pieces. I'll be sure to report in once the cable arrives. Im also interested in one of his USB A-B cables.

Stay tuned for more pics and some impressions once the cable arrives.

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 198
My cable arrived today.

It took 10 days from China to Australia.

I'm rather impressed with the build, sound and value Ghentaudio's cables offer.

It sounds clean and airy while still remaining thick in the mids, soundstage doesn't seem narrow which I was worried about. I also noticed the treble seems well detailed compared to the stock cheap cable I'd been using, I also prefer this over AudioQuests Forest I had beforehand. As for the build it's tight all round looking like something worth quite a bit more, I really like the sheathing makes it feel great in hand. The only problem were the RCA's were rather tight until I hooked them up the first time, hardly Ghentaudio's fault as that's how they would have been new. I just plugged them into a pair of female RCA connectors to get the right fit.

Pretty impressed guys with what this offers for my $17.00. I'd been searching for a RCA to 3.5mm for a while.

Makes me wonder how much other companies are charging for their cables when these guys can pull off this for $17.00 shipped.

Big recommendation from me.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #6 of 198
Wow, nice! 

I'm really tempted to go for some of their XLR cables, but I'm not sure, might order some custom ones. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #7 of 198
  Wow, nice! 

I'm really tempted to go for some of their XLR cables, but I'm not sure, might order some custom ones. 

I don't think you'd be disappointed, honestly sounds pretty damn good. Brings out detail, dynamics and impact in the mids with SHR940.

Big difference, I would have paid more easily. Tempted to get his RCA to RCA, though sold my Magni. 

Never know unless you try Lin!.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #8 of 198
Thanks for the lead H2O. Will know where to go buy some cables when needed.

Anyway, any thoughts between the choseal and canare quad cable since they are at around the same price.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #9 of 198
Thanks for the lead H2O. Will know where to go buy some cables when needed.

Anyway, any thoughts between the choseal and canare quad cable since they are at around the same price.

I really couldn't tell you without trying both. I think I'm going to order his silver plated USB A-B cable. I"m rather impressed with the performance of my first order.

The one I currently have is 4N-OFC.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #10 of 198
I really couldn't tell you without trying both. I think I'm going to order his silver plated USB A-B cable. I"m rather impressed with the performance of my first order.

The one I currently have is 4N-OFC.

No problem H2O.

Please do update with your thoughts on the usb cable.

Also, i'm wondering if he would built one short cable a few cm long with a Type B female to a Type A female.

Jul 17, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #13 of 198
These look absolutely beautiful.
Those prices are comparable to the '13-in-a-dozen' stores (which sells fridges, tv's and oh yes some cables too).
Interested in the 6.35mm to 3.5mm cable.

Jul 19, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #14 of 198
Just placed an order for a 1m  D02 - 3.5(1/8') TRS(M to M) Choseal 4N-OFC Cable at $10 from their web store. The price is cheaper compared to their ebay store at $13.
Also, I sent a mail requesting for confirmation of the order and got a reply in less than an hour. Looking forward to receiving the cable.

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #15 of 198
  Just placed an order for a 1m  D02 - 3.5(1/8') TRS(M to M) Choseal 4N-OFC Cable at $10 from their web store. The price is cheaper compared to their ebay store at $13.
Also, I sent a mail requesting for confirmation of the order and got a reply in less than an hour. Looking forward to receiving the cable.

Great, pop in and tell us what you think! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back