Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jul 6, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #1,621 of 4,755
I received my 1.5m Noir Hybrid TOTL cable for my LCD-X's from the Forza Family today!

The first thing I have to say is that this cable has blown past my expectations!

The build quality is top notch as expected, and the clarity and sound gains compared to the stock cable are out of this world! I wouldn't hesitate to spend an even higher price for this cable, the craftsman ship and sound characteristics these cables hold are far beyond the price point, it's almost a steal for what you get!

I would highly recommend anyone who is skeptical to give these cables a try!

We're happy if you are! That's a lovely setup!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jul 11, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #1,623 of 4,755
Hello,

I posted impressions of the Forza audio cable here:
FORZA-CABLE-5.jpg

http://earphiles.org/2017/07/forza-audioworks-noir-hybrid-hpc-impressions/
I will be posting the review of it on head-fi review section as well for convenience.

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #1,624 of 4,755
Nice review, and as an owner of this cable I agree with most of your comments. It is well-balanced, perhaps a bit mid-forward but handles the entire spectrum better than my stock ZMF Ori cable. Seems to be improving with use, but I'll refrain form opening up the "burn-in" Pandora's box.

Would add that price to performance ratio is superb, as you point out at a reasonable $250 versus some astronomically expensive aftermarket cables. In addition, the cable is very handsome and nicely built, as your photo displays.

Thanks for your review, grizzlybeast!

Jul 12, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #1,625 of 4,755
Jul 12, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #1,626 of 4,755
I can definitely hear the difference and once you hear something that sounds 'better' to you then you, no matter how much so, then you never want to go back . Based on this cable, I believe Forza makes a pretty solid offering.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #1,627 of 4,755
I have the non-hybrid version of this cable (Noir HPC MK2). I got a 2M balanced + Noir HPC balanced-to-SE "pigtail."

My cable is 100% copper and has no mid-forward quality. As others here have said, it's not so easy to hear differences in cables. What I heard vs my ZMF Ori stock cable was a little more of everything that matters: bass, bass clarity, lower midrange impact, midrange clarity, midrange "space between notes," and treble clarity.

Truthfully, these differences are rather small, but they add up to a coherent, stable sound that I have come to rely on. I no longer even think about this cable's "sound"--I just listen to music.

And I must say, the Ori is definitely a good enough/resolving enough headphone to let one hear these differences.

I also heard this cable on a friend's Eikon, but not in such a way that I could readily compare it to his stock ZMF balanced cable. Maybe I'll do that at a later date.

I'm impressed enough with the build, look, and sound of this cable that I'll probably get 2 more FAW cables (different models), 1 each for my Fidelio X2s and E MU Teaks (which won't arrive for a month or so).

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #1,628 of 4,755
Has anyone compared any of the forza cables to the Norne Draug 2?

Jul 25, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #1,629 of 4,755
Just placed an order for:-

1. Noir HPC Mk2 with Neutrik 4pin balanced termination for my HD800.

2. Claire Hybrid HPC (transparent) with Neutrik 4pin balanced termination for my ZMF Eikon.

Looking forward to it. :)

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #1,630 of 4,755
Just placed an order for:-

1. Noir HPC Mk2 with Neutrik 4pin balanced termination for my HD800.

2. Claire Hybrid HPC (transparent) with Neutrik 4pin balanced termination for my ZMF Eikon.

Looking forward to it. :)

Hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #1,631 of 4,755
Hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Thanks. I am already satisfied looking at the photos. They looked beautiful. :)

Difficult part was choosing which model for my headphones. I hope I made the right choice. :)

I'm using these cables into a Violectric v281.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #1,632 of 4,755
I'm getting Focal Elears in the mail today and I'm going to need a balanced cable. What would be recommended here? Also any impressions on sq vs the Elear stock cable would be helpful. Thanks

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #1,633 of 4,755
I'm getting Focal Elears in the mail today and I'm going to need a balanced cable. What would be recommended here? Also any impressions on sq vs the Elear stock cable would be helpful. Thanks

Either of the 2 I ordered would be suitable for the Elear. Both black and transparent will look so good with the headphone.

As for whether it sounds better than stock cable, I'll tell you when I get my cables. :)

Jul 27, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #1,634 of 4,755
I'm getting Focal Elears in the mail today and I'm going to need a balanced cable. What would be recommended here? Also any
impressions on sq vs the Elear stock cable would be helpful. Thanks

We can't point towards the exact product here because of the rules here. But please write us an e-mail and we can move from there.

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #1,635 of 4,755
Hi guys!
Does anyone have experience with the Copper HPC mk2, especially the 26AWG? How is the wheight and flexibility of the cable?
Looking for a lighter, more flexible cable to replace the stock Focal Elear cable. Hoping this could be the one. I've heard in the Elear thread that Forza can make cables for Elear, so that shouldn't be an issue :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back