Forum Software Update
Apr 18, 2004 at 6:31 AM Post #31 of 48
thanks a lot neil, the site is so much faster.
biggrin.gif

ack!! william!! is there a way to selectively turn off someone's avatar in the new VB?

Apr 18, 2004 at 1:21 PM Post #34 of 48
Thanks a lot Neil. This look very nice, though I am looking forward to a littile tweaking of the colors
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 2:57 PM Post #35 of 48
Great work guys. As always, you rock. Where would us poor headphone geeks be without you.

As for the look of the site. I quite like it. They do say a change is as good as a rest
smily_headphones1.gif

Stay cool
cool.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 3:37 PM Post #36 of 48
Things are working great! Keep up the good work neil and jude!

--Chris

Apr 18, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #37 of 48
Well I like it so far. Give it a chance to settle out a bit before you slit your wrists because the color is not quite what you are use to.

You guys should see the change management issues we are facing where I work with a software change. We are completely changing our entire financial, manufacturing, project management, inventory and service systems. All new screens for every function, functions with the same name but they behave differently, new business rules, etc. And yes even the colors are changing.

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:04 PM Post #39 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith
But I don't get how it figures out how to thread things, there is no reply button beneath individual posts like I would expect but it somehow threads things anyway. How does this work?

Click on a post in the threaded display. You now should see only the text from that post(edit: and its replies). If you reply to it, that's where it should thread. I hope
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:30 PM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch
Click on a post in the threaded display. You now should see only the text from that post(edit: and its replies). If you reply to it, that's where it should thread. I hope
tongue.gif

Thanks, that makes sense. So I guess that if I stay in flat mode and reply it will show as a reply only to the original poster (haven't tried this yet), except maybe if I quote someone else then it should show as a reply to that person. I noticed that in hybrid mode if I made a reply it would show as a reply to the last person who replied to that thread.

Apr 19, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa
Thanks, Neil and Jude. I'm "aesthetically challenged" already, so no color or format comments.
biggrin.gif
Is it still possible to search for a list of recent posts?

Like everyone here, I truly appreciate the hard work that is going in to make this forum even more usable and readable. However, what's the answer to Old Pa's question (i.e. - where's the search function)? I use that search function very frequently...head-fi.org is such a great reference resource and search is essential to that.

I think I seached for it in all viewing modes, but did I miss it somewhere?

EDIT (a few hours later)...Then I read the answer in some other posts..the search is being rebuilt. I can be patient, this is a great resource
280smile.gif

May 26, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #43 of 48
May 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #45 of 48
I see someone was using our wonderful default search engine probably on relevancy rather than last post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back