Focal Utopia Cable Upgrade: Silver Dragron V3 or Lavricables Master Silver ?
Jun 27, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #16 of 38
Here is the question I asked and the reply:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried twice to purchase from you, both times the site says "♫♫ UNFORTUNATELY THE SHOP IS CLOSED! PLEASE COME BACK LATER. ♫♫♫\".

What's going on? Are you still trading?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi,

need to rest a bit.
let me know what were you looking for, it might be it's already prebuilt.

Best regards,
Konstantin

Jul 12, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #17 of 38
12 core Master and 20 core Grand lines are the only available now for Utopia headphones. Reference will not reveal full potential of these headphones I'm afraid. All cables are usually sent within a week time of payment.
Sweet, will keep this in mind after I get the headphones. Do you guy's terminate in the 2.5mm astell and kern connection. Because I also was going to purchase the Kann player they make.

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #19 of 38
@lavricables any Black Friday sales? I really want a cable from you guys.

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #22 of 38
Which one you go with?

Master 12 core, the cheaper one to the grand and from everything I’ve read far more superior to the massivly overpriced moon audio ones. I didn’t get any sleeving though as I love the white cable colour.

Their in stock I emailed to check, it’s already been shipped so should have it son thank goodness the utopia stock cable is just to long haha.

Dec 6, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #24 of 38

$1200 hahaha, fools and their money and all that but by all means you wanna spend 1200 on something Lavricables can do for 400 be my guest not my money being burnt.

No thanks,

Price to perfomance vs other more expensive cables on the market > Lavricables all day, mine just came in, light as a feather sexy as anything to look at and are very, very high quality made.

Now what to do with the other 700 I just saved from not buying danacables... nuff said :)

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #25 of 38
$1200 hahaha, fools and their money and all that but by all means you wanna spend 1200 on something Lavricables can do for 400 be my guest not my money being burnt.

No thanks,

Price to perfomance vs other more expensive cables on the market > Lavricables all day, mine just came in, light as a feather sexy as anything to look at and are very, very high quality made.

Now what to do with the other 700 I just saved from not buying danacables... nuff said :)

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #26 of 38
silvers with utopia?? really?? isnt it too bright? I find copper cables will be a better match with utopia as it can bring back the warmth in the music without getting too critical in listening to each and every single cymbal of sound and forgetting all about the music. Hence, I chose dana. and my silverdragon has since been in the drawer.
Well, some can splurge some cant. and since can afford utopia means something....

Dec 8, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #27 of 38
silvers with utopia?? really?? isnt it too bright? I find copper cables will be a better match with utopia as it can bring back the warmth in the music without getting too critical in listening to each and every single cymbal of sound and forgetting all about the music. Hence, I chose dana. and my silverdragon has since been in the drawer.
Well, some can splurge some cant. and since can afford utopia means something....

Yes silvers work just fine sound great and don’t make anything bright or infact to my ears don’t even sound that different from the stock cables. I find most things with cables to be snake oil anyway but for their price and just how much quality lavricables puts into the build and thfact their light as a human hair I found it money well spent but I would never pay above 400 for any cables..

I tested both stock cable and lavricable and don’t hear any significant difference in brightness at all, both sound similar to me and I listen to all kinda of music and game with them as well on my pc and all sounds amazing withought taking anything away or adding anything to the utopia sound signature that I can detect so I’m happy. Even more happy to be done with that monsterous stock cable :)

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #28 of 38
I tried the silver Lavri balanced type with an HD800 and did not like it so much, it was sloppy, soft, pulpy, no dynamics. I use now the Lavri silvered balanced type with a SRH1840 and find them simply great, end game, full sound, reminds me of listening to speakers.

May 24, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #29 of 38
I tested both stock cable and lavricable and don’t hear any significant difference in brightness at all, both sound similar to me and I listen to all kinda of music and game with them as well on my pc and all sounds amazing withought taking anything away or adding anything to the utopia sound signature that I can detect so I’m happy. Even more happy to be done with that monsterous stock cable :)

So you paid 460 for 2m and no musical improvment. Quite interesting about Lavricables : not contenders for me as I'd like to improve the sound and obviously, there cable doesn't. This is silver, yes, but so little that it is cheap. It is not OCC silver. Seems they are designed for lower end headphones. Heat soldering is not the best compared to cold shredding, they use very cheap terminaisons. Contacts doen's seem to matter to lavricables and they might lack isolation.

I'd rather try this one :
https://audiosensibility.com/blog/p...able-Focal-Utopia/p/77333980/category=8516930

May 24, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #30 of 38
So you paid 460 for 2m and no musical improvment. Quite interesting about Lavricables : not contenders for me as I'd like to improve the sound and obviously, there cable doesn't. This is silver, yes, but so little that it is cheap. It is not OCC silver. Seems they are designed for lower end headphones. Heat soldering is not the best compared to cold shredding, they use very cheap terminaisons. Contacts doen's seem to matter to lavricables and they might lack isolation.

I'd rather try this one :
https://audiosensibility.com/blog/p...able-Focal-Utopia/p/77333980/category=8516930

there is actually noticeable difference even with less expensive Master series for Utopia compared to the standard one. Silver clearly gives more air to teh soundstage. So it might be matter of setup or simply subjective. Since everyone has it's own opinion, it's totally normal. Some guys might even use their iphones with $500+ custom 28 core cable for HE1k as we just experienced and then later pretend that there is totally no audible difference, others might have decent setups and otehr impressions like here, for instance.

no, we dont use cheap terminations, besides we offer different options and also some not listed on request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back