Focal Listen Impressions and Review
Mar 14, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #136 of 226
  If you want more bass, let it plays at least 50 hours and remove white foam under pads

Are the pads easy to get off and back on?

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #138 of 226
Anyone compared the Listen to the Classic?
I was inclined to buy the Classic but now I'm intrigued by these Listen...
And the Listen should be way more efficient too.

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #139 of 226
Hello, this Listen triggered my curiosity.

I already own a ATH-MSR7 (which I never use) that I found too bright / cold sounding.
On the contrary, I also got a Momentum M2 over ear that I like but it sounds a bit too "blurry" and lacks some punch. It also hurts my ears when I wear it with my glasses

The ideal compromise for me is the IEM Dunu DN-2000, warm and punchy. But after 1 hour it kinda hurts...

So I was wondering if you guys could tell me if this Focal Listen is close to the signature I like "fun, punchy and not agressive". 
Otherwise, could you advice me a ~250-300€ headphone I could use everyday (nomad).

Thanks and pardon my English.

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #140 of 226
  Hello, this Listen triggered my curiosity.

I already own a ATH-MSR7 (which I never use) that I found too bright / cold sounding.
On the contrary, I also got a Momentum M2 over ear that I like but it sounds a bit too "blurry" and lacks some punch. It also hurts my ears when I wear it with my glasses

The ideal compromise for me is the IEM Dunu DN-2000, warm and punchy. But after 1 hour it kinda hurts...

So I was wondering if you guys could tell me if this Focal Listen is close to the signature I like "fun, punchy and not agressive". 
Otherwise, could you advice me a ~250-300€ headphone I could use everyday (nomad).

Thanks and pardon my English.

The Focal Listen is slightly brighter than neutral, but exceptionally well refined (they're not harsh at all)

The bass is weak though, but seems to come up more with burn-in (maybe it's me getting more used to the signature instead of the bass actually coming forward, but more time will tell)

I think you would love the Philips Fidelio L2, they're very slightly less bright and clear than the Listen, have about the same amount of refined mids and highs, but are punchy in the bass (both mid and subbass)

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #141 of 226
Thanks for the answer but I'd prefer a closed headphone and the isolation is pretty important for me. 

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #144 of 226
  The Focal Listen is slightly brighter than neutral, but exceptionally well refined (they're not harsh at all)

The bass is weak though, but seems to come up more with burn-in (maybe it's me getting more used to the signature instead of the bass actually coming forward, but more time will tell)

I think you would love the Philips Fidelio L2, they're very slightly less bright and clear than the Listen, have about the same amount of refined mids and highs, but are punchy in the bass (both mid and subbass)

There is good mid/low bass information. I think it's the upper bass/lower midrange that is lacking presence. I think this droop in that area opens the mids and provides the clarity people are hearing in vocals etc. There's always a compromise.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #145 of 226

There is good mid/low bass information. I think it's the upper bass/lower midrange that is lacking presence. I think this droop in that area opens the mids and provides the clarity people are hearing in vocals etc. There's always a compromise.

How does the Meze 99 Classic compare to the Listen soundwise?

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #146 of 226
  How does the Meze 99 Classic compare to the Listen soundwise?

That might be the one you want. It's something like the Listen but with more bass presence.

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #149 of 226

Between...?

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #150 of 226
The Classic Headband was breaking.

They fixed the issue with Listen. You can twist Listen's Headband. The material is so flexible that you can grab one side of Listen and remove it from your head without fearing it will break.

Can't say the same regarding my more expensive HeadPhone,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back