FlipEars (CIEM, Made in the Philippines)
Nov 16, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #16 of 51
Nov 16, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #17 of 51
  ... Your absolutely correct right there. "Let your ears be the judge"... I can share the bottom of the range IEM with relation to a club member / colleague's impressions on the Genesis, their 1 BA IEM. Compared with my W10 they sounded basically the same. Another colleague has ordered Aisha CIEM 3 BA. He has the Jomo 6R and will post impressions very soon. I've auditioned the 6Rs as well...

Thanks I cant wait to hear your impressions soon.and more comparison as well please..

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #21 of 51
I hope we can hear from your your impressions on aisha and the jomo.. The only thing i notice with flipears is that they're using a cheap looking cable.. i saw one last time where in the cable is the same as the paiaudio cable.. for a highend iem and with that kind of cable..

Oct 3, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #23 of 51
In other words. I have to buy an aftermarket cables soon. What about the drivers themselves? How tough are they?

The BA receivers used are Knowles (USA) and Sonion (JPN) imports, shells are made & assembled in the Philippines. Some bespoke shells of fancy finishes are made in Japan by a famous Japanese IEM shell craftsman. Flipears IEMs are Used by some well known artists as Stage in-ears. They should be tough...

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #24 of 51
Hi, this may be slightly out of topic, but would you know if FlipEars still offer reshell services? Also, where'd you get your ear impressions done? I'm actually looking to have my TripleFi 10 reshelled but don't know where here in the Philippines could I get my impressions done, Manila Hearing Aid don't have it under their services in their website.

Thanks a lot and great to know that our local brands/companies are being discussed here in the forum. :)

Jan 31, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #25 of 51
The BA receivers used are Knowles (USA) and Sonion (JPN) imports, shells are made & assembled in the Philippines. Some bespoke shells of fancy finishes are made in Japan by a famous Japanese IEM shell craftsman. Flipears IEMs are Used by some well known artists as Stage in-ears. They should be tough...

well known artists? internationally or local artists only? i saw most were local artists maybe they dont know of the other brands? thats why flipears is very popular to pocal artist but i hope someone could have an xtensive review of a particular flipear iem or custom monitors with a lot of comparison to other well known brands..

Jul 2, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #26 of 51
... Your absolutely correct right there. "Let your ears be the judge"... I can share the bottom of the range IEM with relation to a club member / colleague's impressions on the Genesis, their 1 BA IEM. Compared with my W10 they sounded basically the same. Another colleague has ordered Aisha CIEM 3 BA. He has the Jomo 6R and will post impressions very soon. I've auditioned the 6Rs as well...
(Images are FE models, but not actually the units i auditioned) From a recent Meetup in the Emirates capital Abu Dhabi, I personally audioned the quad drivered AIM model - Warm, I personally like the tuning. Axis=6 drivers/ear, Neutral. There's a Micro switch for gain.Alpha=14 drivers/ear, Neutral bright & the 16 driver/ear Ace, Neutral Bright wider soundstage than the Alpha. Even with its bright signature, there wasn't even a hint of Sibilance or piercing i experienced. I played Boston's "Hitch a Ride" DSD64 on the AK240. If you prefer these signatures, you will be amazed...
FE.PNG
fe-aisha.PNG

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #27 of 51
Hey guys! During my most recent trip to Japan, I managed to listen to FlipEars' six-driver AXIS. I was really impressed with what I heard, and I thought I might share with you an excerpt of my impressions from my e-earphone article on TheHeadphoneList.com. Enjoy! :D

FlipEars AXIS

Among the lot here, AXIS presents the most structurally-complete and technically-competent midrange. The lower- and upper-mids show tons of sophistication; well-rounded, resolving and emotive in its delivery. FlipEars clearly cares for structure and body as much as they do detail and definition. The AXIS balances technical performance, musicality and life-liked-ness like 64Audio’s A6t does, but it’s noticeably more laid-back – especially at the extremes.

The AXIS’s low-end is musical and pleasing; wholesomely warm and rounded. It’s not necessarily noteworthy in any particular way – neither in extension, nor in texture – but it performs without intruding on the midrange and treble, which is a feat that’s underrated in its complexity. Similarly, the treble is not the furthest extended I’ve heard – as made clear by its okay stage – but it balances smoothness, articulation and energy with impressive finesse. All in all, the AXIS is simply a pleasing, coherent and versatile monitor with a killer midrange to boot. FlipEars is absolutely a one to watch.

EE-26 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #28 of 51
Hey guys! During my most recent trip to Japan, I managed to listen to FlipEars' six-driver AXIS. I was really impressed with what I heard, and I thought I might share with you an excerpt of my impressions from my e-earphone article on TheHeadphoneList.com. Enjoy! :D

FlipEars AXIS

Among the lot here, AXIS presents the most structurally-complete and technically-competent midrange. The lower- and upper-mids show tons of sophistication; well-rounded, resolving and emotive in its delivery. FlipEars clearly cares for structure and body as much as they do detail and definition. The AXIS balances technical performance, musicality and life-liked-ness like 64Audio’s A6t does, but it’s noticeably more laid-back – especially at the extremes.

The AXIS’s low-end is musical and pleasing; wholesomely warm and rounded. It’s not necessarily noteworthy in any particular way – neither in extension, nor in texture – but it performs without intruding on the midrange and treble, which is a feat that’s underrated in its complexity. Similarly, the treble is not the furthest extended I’ve heard – as made clear by its okay stage – but it balances smoothness, articulation and energy with impressive finesse. All in all, the AXIS is simply a pleasing, coherent and versatile monitor with a killer midrange to boot. FlipEars is absolutely a one to watch.

Agree with you. Smooth, warm and rounded is what I'd describe the Axis as. Hate to be a downer in this thread but I was hoping that Flipears take the same route they had with the tuning of the Axis into future iems. The new stuff that they do (all with more drivers than axis) doesnt really have the unique appeal of the Axis. Axis has this thing going for them where notes are very rounded...which reminds me of the acoustune 1551. Their higher number driver stuff sound all quite generic.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Jul 3, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #29 of 51
No more feedback or reviews?

Jul 4, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #30 of 51
No more feedback or reviews?
Auditioned the Aisha, Axis & Ace(discontinued/renamed) . Excellent tuning & shell workmanship.
Oya san (kraft ears) sometimes collab w/ FE for some custom metal plates...
You can request for your preferred signature - Balance, basshead, treblehead, etc. They have been doing this for quite some time.
Might need to upgrade cables...

https://flipears.com/

https://www.facebook.com/FlipEars/posts/1716179865250573

https://www.facebook.com/FlipEars/reviews/?ref=page_internal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back