Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Mar 19, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #3,048 of 3,098

ACS customs, originally made for IE80 almost 4 years ago, but fits the R2pro perfectly. :)

I have the IE80s. My R2As are shelled (acrylic), like yours. I was under the impression that once the shells were attached they couldn't be taken off. Am I mistaken? Can I put these on my IE80s? I'd love to hear how they sound properly sealed.

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #3,049 of 3,098

I have the IE80s. My R2As are shelled (acrylic), like yours. I was under the impression that once the shells were attached they couldn't be taken off. Am I mistaken? Can I put these on my IE80s? I'd love to hear how they sound properly sealed.

These are silicon sleeves, it is easy to change them like any other tips. I am not sure about acrylic shells, that is probably a different story.

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #3,050 of 3,098
I have flare stainless steel shells anyone wants an upgrade for a small cash

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #3,055 of 3,098
They are fine. I opted for the shallow fit - they do also offer a full, deeper shell service I believe, which next time I would probably go for. I had a full pair made by ACS for a set of Shure SE530's and I think you do get a better seal that way. The thing I really like about Snugs is the laser or digital measurement of your ears rather than the 'putty'. They keep the digital file stored for you if you need to order additional iems at a later date.

I also have a pair of their made to measure sleep plugs (taken from the original digital measurement), which I wear every night in bed. They really do a superb job at keeping out noise. They feel slightly more flexible than the iems silicone used. In fact it is just your ear canal shape, but with no sound-hole 
smile_phones.gif

May 1, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #3,059 of 3,098
81KW2bi5WPL._SL1500_.jpg

Just my 2 cents, these IEM's are engineered with the comply's as the choice, and when you have the right sized comply's on and sealed, they sound perfection, with real deep bass and nice rolled off highs. If you are not experiencing this with your choice of tips, then you really should try the comply's again. My issue with the complys they send with the Flares, is the pressure in one ear was just too much after a while listening. Medium was the right size to get a good seal, but it bothered me after a while, and it was tough to get it positioned correctly. What saved me was the comfort line of complys. These seal just right, don't hurt my ear walls, and are easier to insert and remove.
https://www.amazon.com/Comply-Foam-...pf_rd_t=ABGateway&refRID=1PYPR8GSWWF54MNPS6Z6

I chose the version without the wax guard as it seems to provide just that much better high end than with. It really is a fantastic IEM when you get them inserted deep enough, and sealed. With these, I get a perfect seal everytime now, and can wear them a long while and not have any discomfort. What's interesting in my case, is when you have them inserted correctly, all you see if your looking at me from the front, is the black cables coming out of my ear canals, but I can easily reach the cap of the IEM to grasp them for removal with my finger nails. How are others able to remove them?

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #3,060 of 3,098
My cables broke again :frowning2:
There is no response from Flare, I guess they ended up support. I have 2 paris both with now broken cables.
Does anyone know someone who can take my broken cables, take drivers from them and make me new, high quality cable? Ideally in UK or at least european union?
Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back