FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Feb 26, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #47 of 4,886
Actually when I tried the JH Audio Demo sets at Jaben, I am quite impress with them and also like the idea of "universal Custom".  After I got my custom JH16pro, I don't really find it very comfortable to have such high level of isolation for some reason.   I am using my K3003i most of the time as it is a lot more comfortable and cause less fatigue  in my opinion.  To each his own i guess.   

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #48 of 4,886

Quote:
Actually when I tried the JH Audio Demo sets at Jaben, I am quite impress with them and also like the idea of "universal Custom".  After I got my custom JH16pro, I don't really find it very comfortable to have such high level of isolation for some reason.   I am using my K3003i most of the time as it is a lot more comfortable and cause less fatigue  in my opinion.  To each his own i guess.   

I have never bought a custom and only planning one 2 years in the future, so I cannot comment on that. But what do you mean by high level of isolation? The demo set having better isolation or the custom? Though I felt that the AKGs were a tad bit heavy. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #49 of 4,886
Quote:
Well it isn't actually an "idea", but just a universal demo set for sale (LOL)

Maybe I should edit the post to better show that it's not quite just a universal demo; The body shape is obviously made to conform to the ear like most universals, unlike the silly probe-like shape of typical FitEar demos. The titanium sound tube is also a significant change, to make up for the lack of the triple exit bores.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #50 of 4,886

Quote:
I have never bought a custom and only planning one 2 years in the future, so I cannot comment on that. But what do you mean by high level of isolation? The demo set having better isolation or the custom? Though I felt that the AKGs were a tad bit heavy. 

Hi Jeremypsp, of course the custom has better isolation than the demo set since it is from your ear impression.  I am still not too comfortable having my whole ear canals covered which gives me total isolation from external noise, and I guess I have got sensitive ear canals as well.    Without AKG 3003i, I probably will use my JH16pro more, but I guess now I have a choice of a more comfortable fit and less fatigue.     I am surprise you find the AKG3003 heavy as it really is very comfortable and light to me.   

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #51 of 4,886

Quote:
Maybe I should edit the post to better show that it's not quite just a universal demo; The body shape is obviously made to conform to the ear like most universals, unlike the silly probe-like shape of typical FitEar demos. The titanium sound tube is also a significant change, to make up for the lack of the triple exit bores.

Well, it's practically an upgraded demo-set. Since other models from JH and UM have the same shape. The only difference I see is the tube. Well, they could have put triple-bores if it was a demo-set like from JH and UM. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #52 of 4,886
Quote:
Hi Jeremypsp, of course the custom has better isolation than the demo set since it is from your ear impression.  I am still not too comfortable having my whole ear canals covered which gives me total isolation from external noise, and I guess I have got sensitive ear canals as well.

X2, even though I've had more than enough time to get accustomed to my customs (pun intended :wink:, I believe having the whole ear filled has more cons than pros if you don't need that high level of isolation. In my experience it interferes with transparency (even though the fit is perfect, I'm still aware that those things are there), occlusion effects like footfall or thumping of the pulse are more annoying than with universals, and on top of that I can also hear some slight rubbing of their shell against the pinna when I'm on the move. The K3003 on the other hand feel inconspicuous, almost weightless in my ears and are virtually free of occlusion effects and other noises.

Thanks for the thread, tomscy2000. I'm very interested in these.
smile_phones.gif

Feb 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #53 of 4,886

Quote:
Well, it's practically an upgraded demo-set. Since other models from JH and UM have the same shape. The only difference I see is the tube. Well, they could have put triple-bores if it was a demo-set like from JH and UM. 

After reading Sasaki's post, I'd hardly call it an upgraded demo-set.  It's been completely redesigned and rebuilt from the ground up.

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #54 of 4,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

After reading Sasaki's post, I'd hard call it an upgraded demo-set.  It's been completely redesigned and rebuilt from the ground up.

Yep! That's why it's so exciting. I'd also say that, judging from the construction of the tip stem, it isn't just a mold they make for demos. Demos made by JH, UM, etc. are still made in the same way as their customs; it's just that they take the shape from a master 'universal' mold. This looks like it has been design from beginning to end to be manufactured as a process separate from their normal customs production line. I might even venture to say that the shell might not be the UV acrylic that they normally use for customs; it might even be molded plastic, as it definitely looks thicker and more solid than even FitEar's own robust shells.

Feb 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #55 of 4,886

Quote:
The C435 is not publicized anymore, leading me to think that while it's the most expensive, it's not exactly something they want being produced widely. The MH334 is their 'public' flagship. You only see the C435 available on dealer order lists. I thought the HD-25/HD600 cables fit?

Serious? The hd-25/HD600 cables fit? Can anyone confirm this? If it does I would get it already!:)

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #56 of 4,886
Quote:
Serious? The hd-25/HD600 cables fit? Can anyone confirm this? If it does I would get it already!:)

Well, AFAIK, they're supposed to be a Japan-only plug, but the cables do fit. Not sure the Sennheiser cables are suitable for IEM use though.

Quote:
The plug is not compatible to Westone but it takes Sennheiser(HD650s or HD25s). This is quite interesting, although not officially assured but 333 takes my HD25 after market cables. However, the stems are too long for IEM.

Feb 27, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #57 of 4,886

Quote:

After reading Sasaki's post, I'd hardly call it an upgraded demo-set.  It's been completely redesigned and rebuilt from the ground up.

Well, it's obviously demo-set inspired. 

I see, I didn't know because some said foam tips provide better isolation than customs. Though I find silicon to have more isolation than foam tips.

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #58 of 4,886

Quote:
Well, it's obviously demo-set inspired. 

I see, I didn't know because some said foam tips provide better isolation than customs. Though I find silicon to have more isolation than foam tips.

I never had a pair of customs, but the pair of JH-13 pro demo had less isolation compared to my Shure Olives. That being said, I've read that Shure Olives do up to -37dB while customs only isolate up to -26dB. Anyone has comments? 

Feb 27, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #60 of 4,886
I never had a pair of customs, but the pair of JH-13 pro demo had less isolation compared to my Shure Olives. That being said, I've read that Shure Olives do up to -37dB while customs only isolate up to -26dB. Anyone has comments? 

Interesting, I used the shure olives with the SM3, SE215 and the Westone UM3X. My custom Fitear MH334 custom block quite a bit more noise, this is especially noticeable on the Oedo Tokyo Subway which is insanely noisy for a few stations. I remember one time when I was walking along the sidewalk and I didn't notice the guy on the street pounding away with the Jackhammer! I was quite surprised by this and only then I noticed that I could hear the jackhammer going while my music was playing but it was very much in the background.
The Fitear are only semi-hollow and I think it may be providing better isolation vs other customs.

Having said all that, the Olives are my favorite tips for compatible universals, it does a very good job blocking noise and are better than any Demo customs I have tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back