FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Jan 25, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #4,441 of 4,896

I'm pairing my TG334 with Sony WM1A balanced and there's some wonderful synergy there. Not bad straight out of my AK70 too..........actually I think the TG334 is not THAT source dependent among TOTL iems.

How about hiss. Because i found this iem is very sensitive. I believe wm1a is around the same price with tg334.

I managed to try the 1A with my TG334 on Toxic Hydra cable quite extensively some time back.

There was no hiss. Matching wise, as much as it sounded very nice, it wasn't a perfect match for me personally; due to both the TG334 & 1A both having slightly meaty tonality. Vocals is simply beautiful and treble is uber smooth, but the bass is a tad too loose.

Pricing wise, I thought Sony got it quite right with the 1A. The 1A is $200 cheaper than the TG334.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #4,442 of 4,896

I managed to try the 1A with my TG334 on Toxic Hydra cable quite extensively some time back.

There was no hiss. Matching wise, as much as it sounded very nice, it wasn't a perfect match for me personally; due to both the TG334 & 1A both having slightly meaty tonality. Vocals is simply beautiful and treble is uber smooth, but the bass is a tad too loose.

Pricing wise, I thought Sony got it quite right with the 1A. The 1A is $200 cheaper than the TG334.

Since I have my 334 as the ultimate vocal bliss iem I think the synergy is just spot on with both meatiness and air in abundance.

For more balanced listen I always have the 335DWSR ready.

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #4,443 of 4,896
I wonder if anyone already compare FAD Heaven VI to TG334?
I have 334, I love how they sound but let's be honnest I don't feel I can wear them outside.

All reviews mention how Heaven VI are beautiful for vocals (very lifelike). Since mids are the strength of the 334 maybe some already tried both.
Thanks

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #4,445 of 4,896
  I wonder if anyone already compare FAD Heaven VI to TG334?
I have 334, I love how they sound but let's be honnest I don't feel I can wear them outside.

All reviews mention how Heaven VI are beautiful for vocals (very lifelike). Since mids are the strength of the 334 maybe some already tried both.
Thanks

Why not wearing them outside? They are great on the go

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #4,447 of 4,896
  Tooooo biiiiig and insecure fit
:)

O? The 334 is pretty slim by modern standards (think JH) actually. Fit is probably largely down to tips - what tips are you using?

I could never stand the fitear stock single flange tips but I use my 334 with stock bi-flange, spinfit bi-flange, ortofon, spiral dots or even comply with no fit issues at all. The body should not be an issue for fit since the nozzle of the 334 is pretty long and should hold itself well if inserted correctly. Also if fit is really that big an issue for you then try to avoid the stiffest of cables (e.g. 001, 000) which may tend to force the earpieces out of your ears if your tips do not fit sufficiently secure.

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #4,448 of 4,896
Does TG334 benefits from any burning in?!

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #4,449 of 4,896
anyone here that has bought a custom MH335DW from Jaben , how do these sound in general ? also can you send impressions to them from Europe ?

thanx
great bass!

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #4,450 of 4,896
Feb 20, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #4,451 of 4,896
Does TG334 benefits from any burning in?!

A little bit, not for the drivers but for the crossover circuitory I believe.

But for the 334 I'd say the more important thing is "fit burn-in" if there's such a thing...........Once you fit the tips best fit you and let it conform to your ear shape the full potential can be unleashed. I'd say it's well worth it to spend some time on that rather than expecting a big change on burning in the unit itself.

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #4,453 of 4,896
I posted this in the Campfire Vega thread but I thought I should post it here as well since the TG334 seems to have fallen out of favor in this forum.

I have owned the Vegas for more than 2 months now. They are the clearest, crispest and most dynamic phones I have. I also own the Dita Truths, Fitear Parterres, Sony EX 1000s, IE800, Audeze Sine and Grado PS500.
The Vegas were the ones I’d listen to when I wanted to be impressed by my music collection (Tidal).
Then I walked into Jaben in Singapore last week just to buy ear tips and grumbled that they never have a ready TG334 for me to buy. I could not order one from them as I am currently based in Shanghai. They had a limited edition Chinese New Year red version in stock. So I bought it.
I first encountered the TG334 when it first came out and loved it. Could not afford it at the time and managed the Parterres as the closest to what I was looking for.Eventually, I gave up on the Parterres as I found I prefer the sound of dynamic drivers. There is a greater immediacy to them.
When I got the Vegas, they trumped every phone I owned. They are more immediate, clear and detailed. But I kept going back to my Dita Truths as I feel that the Truths have a more “analog” like quality to them even as the bass does not extend as low and the mids sound a little recessed by comparison. But the mids on the Truths had a more “silky” quality to them. On the Vegas the mids, voices, are more clear and clinical.
Now, also because they are new, I am listening to my TG334 mostly. It is like the singer is in front of you. The mids remind me of my audition of the LCD4. The kind that with the right song, moves you emotionally. And that is my current view of my two favorite phones. The Vegas are when I want to “see” my music in all its crystal clarity (with a bass boost that is well judged and also very clear). The TG334 is when I want my music to move me emotionally (especially with female vocals).

Wanted to set out the contrast as I thought some may find it interesting. And I notice the TG334 does not get very much attention anymore. Given the current state of equipment in the market, if my Vegas or TG334s fail, I will replace them. I cannot say the same for my other phones.

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #4,455 of 4,896
I m using 000cable with it heaven matched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back