Fischer Audio FA-003 VS ATH M50
Nov 26, 2011 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Bbugs

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone :D

I'm looking for an over the ear headphone, mainly for music, and will be used on buses a lot. I have been thinking of maybe getting the Fischer Audio FA-003, or the ATH M50. Are they good choices?  If so, which is better?

Thanks!

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #2 of 18
Heya,

Completely different headphones. The FA-003 is harder to get, for one thing, so if you're not patient (like 6~7 weeks patient), then it's off your list. That said, it's easily the better headphone in my opinion, as it's a lot more natural, smooth, more neutral, way nicer sound stage, and fathoms more comfortable. Comes with two ear pad types (velour & leather) and have nice deep cups. The M50 is more bassy, less mids, and slightly harsher treble, very cramped sound stage, clamps hard on your head, and have pretty shallow cups and are only leather pads. If you want a headphone that is a beater and does bass and can be thrown down some stairs, get the M50. If you want something that will reproduce accurate audio, be comfortable, and be more along the lines of what an audiophile would seek, the FA-003 is the one out of your two (but again, beware it takes a while to get one shipped).

Very best,

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 18
I found some ere: http://www.gd-audiobase.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=4&category_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2
is this the shop that takes a long time?

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 18

Quote:
I found some ere: http://www.gd-audiobase.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=4&category_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2
is this the shop that takes a long time?

Yeap,

I've gotten some Fischers from there. Good store. But shipping to the USA literally takes like 6 weeks. So just forewarning. It's well worth the wait, but I understand not everyone is patient for a wait like that.

Very best,

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #9 of 18

Quote:
In terms of vocals, would FA-003 be much better than M50 then?  Because of the soundstage and mids?

I find the FA-003 better at almost everything than the M50, especially in that area. Though Audio-Technica is well-known for vocals sounding nice, they're still quite recessed on the M50, whereas they're great all around on the FA-003. At GD Audiobase you can ask to ship through UPS, DHL, etc, which may speed up shipping time. I went through the regular post (Russian Post to USPS), and it took about two months.

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #11 of 18

Quote:
I find the FA-003 better at almost everything than the M50, especially in that area. Though Audio-Technica is well-known for vocals sounding nice, they're still quite recessed on the M50, whereas they're great all around on the FA-003. At GD Audiobase you can ask to ship through UPS, DHL, etc, which may speed up shipping time. I went through the regular post (Russian Post to USPS), and it took about two months.

X2, I also prefer the FA003 all around.

and about the FA003, some people clam that that Brainwavz HM5 is the same rebranded headphone and sounds the same, I cant tell for sure but what I do know is that the HM5 is cheaper and available at MP4nation-

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #12 of 18

Quote:
X2, I also prefer the FA003 all around.

and about the FA003, some people clam that that Brainwavz HM5 is the same rebranded headphone and sounds the same, I cant tell for sure but what I do know is that the HM5 is cheaper and available at MP4nation-

I'm one of the few who's personally tested both the FA-003 and HM5, and I can say with about 98% confidence (I didn't have my usual test tracks with me at the time I listened to the HM5) that they use the same drivers and are the exact same can, minus the branding.

Jan 18, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #15 of 18

Quote:
no, it comes with 2 pleater sets. also the FA003 includes a very useful carrying case, the HM5 doesnt.

Progger - mine did - see photos .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back