Fiio X5iii Firmware Modification Project - PURIST REMIXED WITH 1.0.9 KERNEL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #256 of 298
Last edited:
Jun 15, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #258 of 298
I would love to test it, but I don't own a FiiO X5-3..............

Please let me know devices you have so I can see if I can mod FW for you.

Is this reliable? Have you found all the services/apps that cause wakelock bugs with the ROM?

Also, WindowsX, is there any chance you could update the first post with the more recent information? It'll help newcomers a lot :)

First post already contain most updated information about Purist ROM and instructions. Advanced ROM is paid services for more improvements and customization according to user request. I can't post information about this until I've finished sponsorship deal with Head-Fi. I hope they'll make progress soon so I can improve my services better.

Ok, understood, this makes more sense. Thanks, I will try your mod for the dx90. It's good that people like you can provide us with these alternatives in any event.

With pleasure.

Hi Keetakawee...
Since you said you also have the DX90 mod FW... please also send to me... just wanna to compare it to Lurker FW.
Thank you...

You can try the last public release from here. I will update this again after I finish the sponsorship deal with Head-Fi so I can most more Purist ROM thread. Some mod in Head-Fi restricted me from posting any more thread about free Purist ROM right now.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wy8pvbfhbbr4351/DX90FirmwareV2.2.0-LX.zip

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #259 of 298

First post already contain most updated information about Purist ROM and instructions. Advanced ROM is paid services for more improvements and customization according to user request. I can't post information about this until I've finished sponsorship deal with Head-Fi. I hope they'll make progress soon so I can improve my services better.

With pleasure.

You can try the last public release from here. I will update this again after I finish the sponsorship deal with Head-Fi so I can most more Purist ROM thread. Some mod in Head-Fi restricted me from posting any more thread about free Purist ROM right now.

Regards,
Keetakawee

I'm sad to hear that you cannot post more about your works nowadays, even though I didn't hear or use it before, I am a huge fan of pushing the envelope.

As for my devices, I'll have to get back to you with that, the only DAP I'm using right now is a FiiO X5ii and knowing the basic firmware employed in its CPU, I would rather want to see your work with something like FiiO X7ii when it comes out!

Jun 15, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #260 of 298
I'm sad to hear that you cannot post more about your works nowadays, even though I didn't hear or use it before, I am a huge fan of pushing the envelope.

As for my devices, I'll have to get back to you with that, the only DAP I'm using right now is a FiiO X5ii and knowing the basic firmware employed in its CPU, I would rather want to see your work with something like FiiO X7ii when it comes out!

Yeah. It's a shame. I also asked them again about posting free ROM updates for DX50/80/90 update but they told me to wait until I can finish sponsor deal. I hope they'll finish all these soon. I'll be sure to update X7ii when it comes out. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #261 of 298

With pleasure.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Just tried your DX90 FW... compared to Lurker V2.5.1 L2... your FW is more clarity, more details... Lurker version: more muddy in the midbass, a bit dull sounding...

Thanks Keetakawee

Jun 17, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #262 of 298
Just tried your DX90 FW... compared to Lurker V2.5.1 L2... your FW is more clarity, more details... Lurker version: more muddy in the midbass, a bit dull sounding...

Thanks Keetakawee

With pleasure. I'm glad to hear you like my DX90 FW. I hope to share the updates soon in Head-Fi. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 18, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #263 of 298
@WindowsX - Hey man, tried the latest free version. Flashing wasn't too bad, though I HAD to run the installation app as administrator and I needed to connect while pressing previous track, as opposed to turning the device on with previous track pressed - I only say this as help to others who may try it.

For me, the sound was less desirable than the standard 1.1.6 signature. There seemed to be a little muddiness to the lower frequencies and for some reason high end sounded distorted (even at low volume levels) listening via LZA4 and Cayin C5 amp. BUT, your version allows Viper Effects through the line out which was very cool.

Went back to stock (same process but using the included 1.1.1 firmware, then upgrading to 1.1.6 - again for any who might not be sure)
It was nice to have the opportunity to try something different, I really do appreciate the work you've put in to this. It was not for me, but that doesn't mean it won't be someone else's cup of tea :)

Jun 18, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #264 of 298
@WindowsX - Hey man, tried the latest free version. Flashing wasn't too bad, though I HAD to run the installation app as administrator and I needed to connect while pressing previous track, as opposed to turning the device on with previous track pressed - I only say this as help to others who may try it.

For me, the sound was less desirable than the standard 1.1.6 signature. There seemed to be a little muddiness to the lower frequencies and for some reason high end sounded distorted (even at low volume levels) listening via LZA4 and Cayin C5 amp. BUT, your version allows Viper Effects through the line out which was very cool.

Went back to stock (same process but using the included 1.1.1 firmware, then upgrading to 1.1.6 - again for any who might not be sure)
It was nice to have the opportunity to try something different, I really do appreciate the work you've put in to this. It was not for me, but that doesn't mean it won't be someone else's cup of tea :)

Maybe you can customize viper settings or try headphone out without Cayin C5 amp before going back to stock again. If anything, I find Purist ROM lifted the veil and reduce muddiness from original headphone output. Purist ROM made many people stopped selling X5iii in Thailand.

But yeah, it may not work right with your setup and I didn't meant to suggest you to change your gears to fit my ROM. I just recommend you to try my ROM with direct headphone output. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #265 of 298
Just asking: after I flashed with Advanced Purist, sound is much better in Pure Music mode... but... but... once I installed Spotify in Android mode, and then back to Pure Music... i found the sounds becomes a bit dull again... is it only me?... or maybe the apk using some of ROM for spotify.... not big enough ROM?... so i flashed it again... and avoid to install any programs... Cheers

Jun 18, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #267 of 298
Maybe you can customize viper settings or try headphone out without Cayin C5 amp before going back to stock again. If anything, I find Purist ROM lifted the veil and reduce muddiness from original headphone output. Purist ROM made many people stopped selling X5iii in Thailand.

But yeah, it may not work right with your setup and I didn't meant to suggest you to change your gears to fit my ROM. I just recommend you to try my ROM with direct headphone output. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Yeah, to be fair I didn't even try straight headphone out (did try line out with some other amps though) - I may well give it another go a little later.
But I stand by my statement that it's great to have some choice - that was what attracted me to Android on phones way back in the G1 days and I am immensely grateful to devs like you who spend your time creating custom ROMs for us peasants!
For anyone reading this thread, it's really quite easy to give this ROM a try and just as straightforward to go back to stock, so it's worth checking out to see if it suits you and your tastes :)

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #268 of 298
Yeah, to be fair I didn't even try straight headphone out (did try line out with some other amps though) - I may well give it another go a little later.
But I stand by my statement that it's great to have some choice - that was what attracted me to Android on phones way back in the G1 days and I am immensely grateful to devs like you who spend your time creating custom ROMs for us peasants!
For anyone reading this thread, it's really quite easy to give this ROM a try and just as straightforward to go back to stock, so it's worth checking out to see if it suits you and your tastes :)

That's right. It's always great to have a choice for optional path especially when it doesn't cost you anytime to try. I'm glad to see people understanding this concept that it requires certain effort for devs to pull this off. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #269 of 298
That
Just tried the latest free Purist rom.
To my ears, stock 1.1.6 sound better.
That's the first time I prefer the stock vs purist (love the much better subbass extension). But I understand that the majority might prefer 1.1.1 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back