FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android based,Mastering Quality Lossless Playback Hi-Res Music Player
Apr 22, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #646 of 677
Hello all, hope ya'll are having a great weekend thus far. Reporting in that I have received the review unit and initial impressions are incredibly impressed with this unit. Same hiss problems with my super sensitive ciems as the Cayin i5 but it's certainly tolerable and hardly audible w/ music playing. I will say though that it took me a ridiculous amount of time to download and apply the Tidal app to the desktop, it's as if the unit had to download and for its own version of the app for it to process it. 

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #647 of 677
Hello all, hope ya'll are having a great weekend thus far. Reporting in that I have received the review unit and initial impressions are incredibly impressed with this unit. Same hiss problems with my super sensitive ciems as the Cayin i5 but it's certainly tolerable and hardly audible w/ music playing. I will say though that it took me a ridiculous amount of time to download and apply the Tidal app to the desktop, it's as if the unit had to download and for its own version of the app for it to process it. 

I had the opposite experience with my review unit. Took me about 5 minutes to download, install and log into my Tidal account. Seriously impressed with how smooth it went.

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #648 of 677
I had the opposite experience with my review unit. Took me about 5 minutes to download, install and log into my Tidal account. Seriously impressed with how smooth it went.

Very interesting. You didn't have any .apk files download first

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #649 of 677
Very interesting. You didn't have any .apk files download first

Actually now that I think of it, it was an .apk file. But it didn't take long to download/ install. Just as fast as installing on a regular Android device via the Play Store.

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #650 of 677
The download speed was fine. But it was me having to do it twice (once to get the .apk and again to get the actual app.) that was ridiculous. But other than that thus far I'm seriously enjoying this thing.

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #652 of 677
If there's another tour, I'd love to get in on it from the UK.

May 6, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #653 of 677
I can't get the x5 to play right with my dac/amp. USB audio player pro gives me a window saying that my cable is ok and to reboot while connected to dac but it still doesn't work properly.

May 7, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #654 of 677
Should have a review soon, I ran into issues with the Head-Fi site update that prevented me from accessing it. Sorry for the delay!

May 8, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #655 of 677
I can't get the x5 to play right with my dac/amp. USB audio player pro gives me a window saying that my cable is ok and to reboot while connected to dac but it still doesn't work properly.

Dear talan7,

Do you collect the X5III to your DAC/AMP via USB port?

USB Audio function of X5III currently is only compatible with some devices. We're still improving this function.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 8, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #657 of 677
Ok, at least it's still being worked on
It works good for me using my LG V20, I don't even use usb audio player, it just works.

May 13, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #658 of 677
My x5 just stopped working! The screen won't turn on. I have a blue light on the power button that won't turn off no matter how long I press the button. It can't be dead. I just bought the thing a few weeks ago.

May 13, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #660 of 677
My x5 just stopped working! The screen won't turn on. I have a blue light on the power button that won't turn off no matter how long I press the button. It can't be dead. I just bought the thing a few weeks ago.
This is the tour thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back