Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
May 29, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #9,349 of 15,897
just noticed that some of my offline songs from spotify appeared on the pure music mode on X5iii. Does anyone else get this?

yes, you've probably scanned the folder they are in?

May 29, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #9,350 of 15,897
Did anyone try Sony XBA-300 with X5-3? I'm not sure that I'm very much happy with the sound I'm getting with that pair. This especially concerns metal recordings where some kinds of trebles sound sibilant and hissing, which is annoying. Even in FLAC, even in newer recordings. I was thinking that perhaps these IEMs are not a particularly good pair for X5-3 since they are so detailed, or perhaps these are not especially good for metal? For example, Megadeth Countdown to Extinction (hi-res remastered version) has very exaggerated trebles with this setup. Lighter genres are better though, Satriani, for instance, sounds amazing with these.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #9,352 of 15,897
Use Viper - and enable Field Surround. It appears to be a crossfeed setting(at least that is how it acts). You can dial in different amounts of crossfeed, and it definitely creates a sense of soundstage. Its a setting I use constantly witht he X5iii.
would u mind sharing ur setting in viber other than eq, as some setting we are not very familiar with

May 29, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #9,353 of 15,897
Just picked one of these up based on recommendations here and am pleasantly surprised. Great sounding little music player that does everything I need it to and more. Good power, powers my headphones with ease and sound stage is increased somewhat dramatically over what I'm used to.

May 30, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #9,354 of 15,897
Hi @FiiO

After a few months of using 1.1.5beta without issues, I rolled forward to 1.1.5 and this has pretty much been a disaster. Due to bugs with the rollover I had to reset and now have to re-scan my library, and I am unable to do so again without the same lagging, lockup, and constant rebooting the player. I have yet to successfully scan my full library once since rolling forward.

I'd much prefer to roll back to 1.1.5 if possible, though I've read elsewhere that this doesn't seem possible. I would like to know if there is a way to do this, or if you guys are finally planning to solve this issue going forward- as my window to return this player has long since passed and yet I'm still not happy with this device. Thanks.

May 30, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #9,355 of 15,897
Hi @FiiO

After a few months of using 1.1.5beta without issues, I rolled forward to 1.1.5 and this has pretty much been a disaster. Due to bugs with the rollover I had to reset and now have to re-scan my library, and I am unable to do so again without the same lagging, lockup, and constant rebooting the player. I have yet to successfully scan my full library once since rolling forward.

I'd much prefer to roll back to 1.1.5 if possible, though I've read elsewhere that this doesn't seem possible. I would like to know if there is a way to do this, or if you guys are finally planning to solve this issue going forward- as my window to return this player has long since passed and yet I'm still not happy with this device. Thanks.

I have exactly the same issue, although it started on 1.1.4. Every time I finish scanning the library it locks up and crashes and I can't then start Fiio Music again, without clearing the data, cache and album art. I've scanned this so many times and keep going through the same loop. Fiio asked for copies of my crash logs a month ago but aren't responding with a solution. It seems a basic failure if the stock music app won't even start. Like you, I'm past my window for return.

May 30, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #9,356 of 15,897
Hi @FiiO

I have exactly the same issue, although it started on 1.1.4. Every time I finish scanning the library it locks up and crashes and I can't then start Fiio Music again, without clearing the data, cache and album art. I've scanned this so many times and keep going through the same loop. Fiio asked for copies of my crash logs a month ago but aren't responding with a solution. It seems a basic failure if the stock music app won't even start. Like you, I'm past my window for return.

I would advice both of you to do a factory reset from the recovery and see if the problem persists.

May 30, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #9,357 of 15,897
As I test the DAP I get some concerns and issues. I think the firmware is still raw, as well as the Fiio player which is having serious problems with understanding CUE files and general usability (unlike Poweramp). My other huge issue regards the Google Music app. I just cannot download more than approx. 800 mb of music without getting NOT ENOUGH SPACE message, although there is an abundance of free space. Had anyone got the similar issue? This issue is pretty annoying as I bought this DAP with mostly streaming in mind. And finally, why does Poweramp sounds so much quieter and I think with lower quality than the Fiio player? Doesn't it use the DACs?

May 30, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #9,358 of 15,897
i think that firmware 1.1.5 is a bit buggy and slow and the music app crashes alot. Previous version were better so i might just go back to an older firmware

May 30, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #9,359 of 15,897
i think that firmware 1.1.5 is a bit buggy and slow and the music app crashes alot. Previous version were better so i might just go back to an older firmware
OR the next FW will fix it. I hope.

May 30, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #9,360 of 15,897
would u mind sharing ur setting in viber other than eq, as some setting we are not very familiar with
Mine is pretty basic - I use Field Surround with level set to 3 (you can vary the strength). I use DynamiC System at 50%, and thats it (for now). I continue to experiment with different features when I get time - but even those two contribute to the soundstage quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back