FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth!
Apr 27, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #2,566 of 3,121
FiiO's 10th Anniversary Celebration and GIVEAWAY!!

We're really glad to receive so many blessings from our users, agents and media friends. FiiO couldn't have gone this far without your support. Thank you all for your blessings and love!

And to show our appreciation, we will give away the below hot products.

1. First prize: X5 3rd gen, 1 winner
2. Second prize: X1 2nd gen, 1 winner
3. Third prize: F3, 3 winners

How to participate in the giveaway:

1. Like our Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/
2. Leave your blessings to FiiO by commenting to this post:https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/posts/1430828343641361(For more detailed information, please click this page as well)

This activity will last until 11:59 PM, April 30 GMT. And the winners will be drawn on May 2.:slight_smile:

Best regards
18034123_1426423824081813_2069915943907666158_n.jpg

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 27, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #2,567 of 3,121
Bit the bullet and finally got this after hearing praise about FW 1.6.0.
Gapless works as expected, and FW seems to be pretty smooth, apart from minor hiccups here and there. Really liking this DAP, and a definite upgrade over my dying Sansa Clip Zip, which was rockboxed, now sounds pretty congested and bass heavy compared to these.
Didn't had the time to test the bluetooth, though would have hoped a variable sensitivity for the touch wheel, takes a lot of time to scroll through gigantic playlist with slow scroll speed.
k90rgfH.jpg

QeblN3D.jpg

CbqnjKW.jpg

Z6caDpu.jpg

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #2,568 of 3,121
Gapless works as expected, and FW seems to be pretty smooth, apart from minor hiccups here and there. Really liking this DAP, and a definite upgrade over my dying Sansa Clip Zip, which was rockboxed, now sounds pretty congested and bass heavy compared to these.
Didn't had the time to test the bluetooth, though would have hoped a variable sensitivity for the touch wheel, takes a lot of time to scroll through gigantic playlist with slow scroll speed.
k90rgfH.jpg

QeblN3D.jpg

CbqnjKW.jpg

Z6caDpu.jpg
For $100 it's an excellent buy....pretty hard to beat it.

Apr 27, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #2,570 of 3,121
k90rgfH.jpg

QeblN3D.jpg

CbqnjKW.jpg

Z6caDpu.jpg

Beautiful pictures!

I agree that it is a lovely device and one of the best at its price!

I wouldn't really go for another DAP in the same price area right now!

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #2,571 of 3,121
Beautiful pictures!

I agree that it is a lovely device and one of the best at its price!

I wouldn't really go for another DAP in the same price area right now!

The only other DAP in this price range that's as good as far as I'm concerned is the Cayin N3 but it costs $50 more and really isn't much better...certainly the sound isn't better.

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #2,572 of 3,121
Apr 27, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #2,573 of 3,121
The only other DAP in this price range that's as good as far as I'm concerned is the Cayin N3 but it costs $50 more and really isn't much better...certainly the sound isn't better.
I guess it depends if you need AptX bluetooth or want the extra power of the N3 and feel it is worth the extra $50.00. The fact that it has taken what 6 or 7 seven (lost count) firmware updates to get the X1-II to this point gives me pause. Not to mention the recently reported issue of gapless clipping seconds of tracks using bluetooth. This will require yet another firmware update to correct. To many darn firmware updates for my liking, heck I would pay $50.00 more just to avoid all the firmware updates let alone the better features.

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #2,574 of 3,121
k90rgfH.jpg

QeblN3D.jpg

CbqnjKW.jpg

Z6caDpu.jpg
Dear friend,

Thank you for the kind feedback and the nice picture. :kissing_heart: We will go on improving the firmware of X1II for better experience.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 28, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #2,575 of 3,121
I guess it depends if you need AptX bluetooth or want the extra power of the N3 and feel it is worth the extra $50.00. The fact that it has taken what 6 or 7 seven (lost count) firmware updates to get the X1-II to this point gives me pause. Not to mention the recently reported issue of gapless clipping seconds of tracks using bluetooth. This will require yet another firmware update to correct. To many darn firmware updates for my liking, heck I would pay $50.00 more just to avoid all the firmware updates let alone the better features.

It's not too bad having to install updates. I feel that the X1 V2 was just released a bit too early resulting in firmware problems that Fiio couldn't have found. I went from really disliking it as a player to really quite liking it now. Certainly, the sound has always been very good for the money.

At least it shows that Fiio hasn't 'dumped' their customers and I have to give it to them .... they did take an awful lot on the chin. However, their response was to continue to improve so you can't help but admire a company who keeps going like that in a verbal storm. I have a lot of respect for them as a company. More respect now actually than I had on the release of the X1 V2. We could have had an X1 V5 by now and the V1 users would know no different. So Fiio have done us right by their actions in all honesty. IMO, they are a really excellent company.

The Bluetooth has remained really poor. It might have been better just to have left this feature off perhaps.

One thing I would have liked with the whole family of daps from X1 to X5 (which I have) is a better looking screen that offers higher contrast and the choice of sizes for the text. I find them a bit difficult to read without glasses and if I could get the text just a fraction more contrasty or bigger, it would help a lot. The custom screens devised by some talented Headfiers were excellent and it surprises me that Fiio never adopted something similar after seeing them.

Many would have seen screen updates as more tangible evidence of updates making them a more positive experience for people. Very often, the updates are under the bonnet things so we don't see a great deal until a certain 'facility' has been used. A new screen popping up after the update would be very reassuring perhaps and would be an obvious sign to the user that they had an update ...

Fiio led the way ten years ago!!

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #2,576 of 3,121

I guess it all depends on your needs and expectations..I have the N3 but in the end I found more things I like about the X1ii than the N3 and much prefer the X1ii.

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #2,577 of 3,121
The X1 is a nice looking DAP with a killer touch wheel, so I enjoy watching it evolve and improve. The Lotoo PAW 5000 is a fabulous mid-range player and I’ve utilized each successive firmware update and I’ve yet to see any offer even tangential differences. FiiO is to be commended for their commitment to what’s designated as a budget line player.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #2,578 of 3,121
The X1 is a nice looking DAP with a killer touch wheel, so I enjoy watching it evolve and improve. The Lotoo PAW 5000 is a fabulous mid-range player and I’ve utilized each successive firmware update and I’ve yet to see any offer even tangential differences. FiiO is to be commended for their commitment to what’s designated as a budget line player.

I like the touch wheel alot...very easy to use and good for quick scrolling through lists of songs plus it should last longer than the old mechanical wheel...they definitely did an excellent job with the touch wheel.

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #2,579 of 3,121
I guess it all depends on your needs and expectations..I have the N3 but in the end I found more things I like about the X1ii than the N3 and much prefer the X1ii.

I have both the X1-II and the N3 and while I like the speed and "bug-free" firmware of the N3, I do like the X1-II's touch-wheel and interface. It's really easy to miss the buttons (or hit the wrong one) on the N3 when blindly reaching for it. Plus, the N3 with it's exposed side buttons are really easy to accidentally hit when it's in the pocket. Sound-wise, the X1-II is warmer and more spacious, but the clarity of the N3 is great so there's a nice draw between the two there. The screen and graphic layout of the N3 I much more prefer than the tiny screen and chopped art of the X1-II.

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #2,580 of 3,121

Okey can you explain what is better on the X1-II than the N3?

N3 has alot more power, better bluetooth, better screen, better LO options, the same battery life, No lag issues! To me these differences easily justify the extra $50.00. The X1-II has been on the market longer with more time to update firmware which it has needed to do a tonne of and still going. The N3 has needed exactly one firmware update and added replaygain.

Headfonia and Headfoniacs both rate the N3 higher across the board including sound quality. I will give the X1-II a better score for build quality but that is about it as far as I can tell. Has Fiio improved sound quality with any of the firmware updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back