FiiO K1--smaller and better for less
Feb 15, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #376 of 408
This is a problem that affects the first batch of the K1.
It does not affect sound quality and it's not going to damage your PC or the K1. You can contact your seller for a replacement I suppose...
Just to let you know I ordered a second one to give it as a gift and also the second has the same problem.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #377 of 408
This is a problem that affects the first batch of the K1.
It does not affect sound quality and it's not going to damage your PC or the K1. You can contact your seller for a replacement I suppose...
Just to let you know I ordered a second one to give it as a gift and also the second has the same problem.

Well I just got it a few weeks ago, it came out half a year ago or more so.... I doubt it only affects the first batch unless for some reason obody bought it.

I know that it doesnt affect my pc.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #379 of 408
I know it doesn't make sense but maybe we were unlucky and bought some k1s from an old stock or something, cause the only cases that I found on internet were mine and yours.

I think that many people don't actually use it with their computer.
Also looking at the amazon reviews it seems as if its not that popular.

Its possible that many people outside of the audio community don't trust FiiO and maybe think its cheap and won't do anything.

Personally I know that prior to signing up or researching here I thought FiiO was just some other chinese brand with cheap products. After reading some reviews I understood the high level of quality they put into their devices in the last few years.

I have recommended the K1 to all my friends now, especially those that sit every day listening to music at their PC's (but warned them about the bug).
If you check around this forum there are a couple other posts of people having the same issue (just not really in this thread).

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #380 of 408
Yeah, FiiO is a very good company and K1 a nice little piece of audio equipment.
I didn't regret my purchase and I bought also a second one to give it as a birthday present to my friend.
He loves it and he also has the bug :p

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #381 of 408
Yeah, FiiO is a very good company and K1 a nice little piece of audio equipment.
I didn't regret my purchase and I bought also a second one to give it as a birthday present to my friend.
He loves it and he also has the bug
tongue.gif

Lol maybe I'll buy one for my friend for his bday and see if he has the bug too xD

Feb 25, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #383 of 408
for info the K1 doesn't work on a xperia Z5 smartphone (error message stating the peripheral draws too much power and had to be deactivated) while it works from time to time and a samsung galaxy A5 2016 (managed to make it work once :D)

I works great on my computer tho, 50€ for 96Khz/24bits !!!!

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #384 of 408
for info the K1 doesn't work on a xperia Z5 smartphone (error message stating the peripheral draws too much power and had to be deactivated) while it works from time to time and a samsung galaxy A5 2016 (managed to make it work once :D)

I works great on my computer tho, 50€ for 96Khz/24bits !!!!
I'll test it on my HTC 10 tonight. Not that you would need to use it on an HTC 10 lol

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #385 of 408
Got the k1 working with OnePlus 3 on marshmallow 6.0. Natively it works with all apps like YouTube and other music players but there is not much difference than the 3.5mm jack. Direct USB audio is only supported on Hiby and the difference can be seen. But neutron players direct USB option has some issues. Can someone having neutron check whether direct USB playback is supported?

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #386 of 408
Got the k1 working with OnePlus 3 on marshmallow 6.0. Natively it works with all apps like YouTube and other music players but there is not much difference than the 3.5mm jack. Direct USB audio is only supported on Hiby and the difference can be seen. But neutron players direct USB option has some issues. Can someone having neutron check whether direct USB playback is supported?

I'm confused with this as well, I managed to make a sound blaster E1 work on my xperia Z5 via USB without any additional applications, does that mean I am still using the sony DAC and not the sound blaster? One thing I noticed it that the integrated android EQ doesn't do anything when I'm using the USB

May 18, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #389 of 408
The K1 works with almost any phone, but the sound quality is not very much above most high end phones and is below a V20/V10 HTC 10/A9.

Either way its an awesome product for its pricepoint ($40). I have mine downstairs for when I work downstairs now in my new house.

Jul 25, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #390 of 408
Has anyone used this with active speakers ? Is it correct that active speakers are not benefited much by a DAC ?
I want to buy this for my Swans M10 but I'm not sure if it's worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back