Fiio K1 not working with new HTC U11
Jun 17, 2017 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Robbie1

New Head-Fier
I bought a Fiio K1 for use with my HTC U11. I needed a micro usb to usb-c otg cable so I purchased a couple, one a Fusion Pro and one a Fosman that another person recommended. I cannot get any sound through the K1 although the blue light comes on. The HTC U11 does not have a headphone jack. hTC supplies a 3.5 to usb-c dongle which works as expected with headphones. However, if I try and use thye K1 with the cable(s) I bought, I get no sound from either Power Amp or Google Play Music. I hate to send the adapter back if it's just a simple setting I'm missing.
I realize this phone is brand new, but if anyone can lend a hand I would sure appreciate it. A person on one of the XDA forums swears he used a K1 with the same cable I bought and his works fine.

Jun 26, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #2 of 9
FiiO K1 only recommended with the use of the computer, not suitable for mobile phone decoding, if you want to use a smart phone with a decoder, you must to use the other Typec interface decoder amp.

Jun 26, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #3 of 9
FiiO K1 only recommended with the use of the computer, not suitable for mobile phone decoding, if you want to use a smart phone with a decoder, you must to use the other Typec interface decoder amp.

Thanks for the reply. Several people on the HTC U11 XDA forums had successfully used the K1 with no issues, but at least one other person had the same problem as I did. What was funny was the K1 wouldn't work with my Windows 7 laptop either. I did some research and found there were a number of defective and/or counterfeit ones being sold on eBay and Amazon. Anyway, i solved the problem by returning it and buying a Cambridge Dacmagic XS V2 which works great with the phone.

Aug 12, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #4 of 9

That isn't true at all I use my FiiO K1 with my iPod touch and I have used it with my HTC 10 (just to test it though because the HTC 10 sounds better by itself).

Aug 12, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #5 of 9
I think I just got a defective one (K1). Another poster also said they couldn't get theirs to work either on the U11. I ended up buying a Cambridge DacMagic XS which works good and has a volume control.
My Dragonfly Black also works good with the Onkyo HF player. The only problem I see with USB-C audio on the U11 (or any other phone) is the volume with some headphones such as my HD650s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back