FiiO F5- Aerospace Titanium Diaphragm In-ear Monitor
Jun 27, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #271 of 451
I finally pulled the F5 off the burn station. I have about 105hrs into it now... and I'm loving listening to Andreya Triana, Amy Winehouse, and others. The vocals are very smooth and present. Bass is good, deep and smooth. Treble is great, you can hear the roll-off, but it is to the point that I can sit and just listen and enjoy these all day long. I'm ok with where they roll-off. Excellent earbud Fiio. It definitely hits above its pricepoint.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #272 of 451
I finally pulled the F5 off the burn station. I have about 105hrs into it now... and I'm loving listening to Andreya Triana, Amy Winehouse, and others. The vocals are very smooth and present. Bass is good, deep and smooth. Treble is great, you can hear the roll-off, but it is to the point that I can sit and just listen and enjoy these all day long. I'm ok with where they roll-off. Excellent earbud Fiio. It definitely hits above its pricepoint.

As long as they make you happy, that is all that matters!

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #274 of 451
..for the price, I have no complaints. :)

This was also my point during the review, at their price point F5 really get no complaints - an excellent choice at their price point.

I think that I was a bit luckier, but my set had pretty good fitting MMCX connectors, even though they were from the first batch.

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #276 of 451
I've got to be careful as my right earpiece will fall off the cable if I take it out and let it hang down
If you haven't done it yet, contact FiiO, and they should be able to sort you out with that - from my experience.

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #278 of 451
Jun 27, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #281 of 451
I just sent an email to Fiio support so will see what happens now. I bought my iems from Ali Express
You'll be fine. :man_dancing:(imagine dark-skinned Disco Stu)

Jun 28, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #282 of 451
I just sent an email to Fiio support so will see what happens now. I bought my iems from Ali Express
Dear friend,

We have received the mail you sent and replied you. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 28, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #283 of 451
Jun 30, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #284 of 451
I just received my F5s a couple of weeks ago. After months of enjoyable use of my X5III, I'm starting to have a bit of trouble with it today. I'm listening to it using my F5 IEMs with the balanced cable and I'm finding that the left channel keeps cutting out with the slightest movement of the player or jostling of the cable. If I replace the balanced cable with the SE cable, things seem fine which I think rules out a problem with the IEMs themselves. Sadly, I lack a second balanced cable to test with nor do I have a different device with a balanced output. So I can't determine if the problem is with the F5's cable or the X5III balanced port at this point.

I can say that the issue is at the connection. I can rotate the IEMs on on the MMCX connectors with no issues but as soon as I touch the 2.5mm TRRS plug or wiggle the cable near the connector end, the left channel drops out.

Has anyone else had any issues with the balanced port on the X5III or the one of the audio channels on the F5 cutting out on them?

Jun 30, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #285 of 451
I just received my F5s a couple of weeks ago. After months of enjoyable use of my X5III, I'm starting to have a bit of trouble with it today. I'm listening to it using my F5 IEMs with the balanced cable and I'm finding that the left channel keeps cutting out with the slightest movement of the player or jostling of the cable. If I replace the balanced cable with the SE cable, things seem fine which I think rules out a problem with the IEMs themselves. Sadly, I lack a second balanced cable to test with nor do I have a different device with a balanced output. So I can't determine if the problem is with the F5's cable or the X5III balanced port at this point.

I can say that the issue is at the connection. I can rotate the IEMs on on the MMCX connectors with no issues but as soon as I touch the 2.5mm TRRS plug or wiggle the cable near the connector end, the left channel drops out.

Has anyone else had any issues with the balanced port on the X5III or the one of the audio channels on the F5 cutting out on them?

I've gone throught probably a dozen or more MMCX cables over the last 5-6 years. It happens. You can probably get it replaced via the warranty at this time. I'd send a message to fiio - they have very good support. I doubt it has anything to do specifically with the fact that the cable is balanced but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back