Fiio E18
Mar 31, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #2,281 of 2,308
  Its a known prob with the E18. And i concur with this from personal experience. Fiio admit this as well. Get a hard case for your phone and this may negate the interference re isolation  and hook up  the Fiio

What do you mean by a hard case? One would need a case specifically designed to shield against RFI/EMI.

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #2,286 of 2,308
  Jeez,Ok,,, scrub my description of my otterbox as been plastic it's a rubber compound and have teamed it with the Fiio via my HTC 9 with no interference 

If the otterbox blocked RF, your cellphone wouldn't be able to place or receive calls. I'm not trying to bug you, just putting forth the idea.

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #2,288 of 2,308
  you listen to it on your smartphone?

If you mean do I listen to the E18 using my smartphone, the answer is yes. I also use an older phone as a DAP with the E18. I also use it with my laptop. I do get interference from the smartphone when sandwiching, in my case I don't have to sandwich the two devices, if I had to put the combo in my pocket I would not be pleased with the outcome.

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #2,289 of 2,308
  If you mean do I listen to the E18 using my smartphone, the answer is yes. I also use an older phone as a DAP with the E18. I also use it with my laptop. I do get interference from the smartphone when sandwiching, in my case I don't have to sandwich the two devices, if I had to put the combo in my pocket I would not be pleased with the outcome.

on my computer the sound is weak and I choose between no and е17к

Apr 15, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #2,290 of 2,308
  on my computer the sound is weak and I choose between no and е17к

Perhaps you have some attenuation going on at the PC, before it leaves the USB port. It works great on my laptop or desktop. It can even work with my HD600's (300 ohm) and barely get away with driving my HE500's (not too loud).

Jun 6, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #2,291 of 2,308
I have never had Interference with my E18 and Nexus 6, do carrier bands make a difference? I use Verizon...

Jun 6, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #2,292 of 2,308
I have never had Interference with my E18 and Nexus 6, do carrier bands make a difference? I use Verizon...
I also use Verizon, so we probably roam along the same freqs. I have Nexus 7 2013 LTE tablet, I'll try that when I have some time. Have you used the combo when traveling or just at home?

Jun 7, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #2,294 of 2,308
Both, it's strange, the only static I get is from turning the volume knob, not really interference...
That's one problem that I don't have. Sometimes briskly rotating the volume control back and forth across its range a few times will clear that up. It could be the result of some particles on the potentiometer's wiper.

Jun 7, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #2,295 of 2,308
That's one problem that I don't have. Sometimes briskly rotating the volume control back and forth across its range a few times will clear that up. It could be the result of some particles on the potentiometer's wiper.
You can really hear it on low volume on my unit, It usually occurs on the right side, at medium to high volume it doesn't happen except during really quite moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back