FIIL Diva & Diva PRO Impression and Discussion Thread - Premium Headsets by Chinese Rock Star
Oct 8, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #16 of 36
Indeed I did get some extended head time with them. Wrote somequite a few words about it here.

Wonderfully researched,Beautifully written!

We share many of the same sentiments, im a huge fan of the divas, its sleek and gender neutral (inoffensively stylish) and nicely tuned ( the extra bass bump works splendidly outside》 inside)

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #17 of 36
 Wonderfully researched,Beautifully written! We share many of the same sentiments, im a huge fan of the divas, its sleek and gender neutral (inoffensively stylish) and nicely tuned ( the extra bass bump works splendidly outside》 inside)

Thanks. Hopefully more people notice the Diva in the future. It's a very good value in ANC headphones and give people way more than their $149's worth. I'd still recommend the QC35 for frequent travelers (as in, more than one >4 hr. flight per month), but for almost every other usage case, the Diva is more than enough headphone for essentially anyone. It sounds as good or better than any ANC headphone out there.

Oct 16, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #18 of 36

Thanks. Hopefully more people notice the Diva in the future. It's a very good value in ANC headphones and give people way more than their $149's worth. I'd still recommend the QC35 for frequent travelers (as in, more than one >4 hr. flight per month), but for almost every other usage case, the Diva is more than enough headphone for essentially anyone. It sounds as good or better than any ANC headphone out there.

I agree! i think for $149, they have a lot of value to them considering their competitors with the similar features charge upwards of $200. 

Even though some of the features are just a bit rough around the edges, i think its forgivable considering how well they work.

in response to the second bolded part-

Yep certainly enough for me, and its nice to monitor the battery easily so a dead battery will never really come as a surprise. (you'll know in real time!)

Nov 2, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #19 of 36
Notice that it at least support AAC encoding for iDevices. If you look at the specs, you can find the AAC on the list of protocol.

Supplement Reading: http://theheadphonelist.com/wireless-fidelity-making-sense-bluetooth-headphone-technology/#codecs

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #22 of 36
popcorn.gif

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #23 of 36
I received the Diva Pro from Kickstarter this week, and am trying them out.  First impressions:
- Comfortable:  generally I am not a fan of on-ear, but these are light and don't clamp too much
- The sound is surprisingly good for a Bluetooth headphone with its features at this price point
- The built-in memory is a really good idea
- Love how the music pauses when you take them off
- I can't get the search function to work:  she always comes back and says she can't find a match

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #24 of 36
Also finding that the filters don't seem to work. I had my husband talk to me while the open and monitor filters were turned on through the app, and I couldn't hear him. I know the mic works, because when I say "hello fiil" a lady says hello back.

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #25 of 36
Also finding that the filters don't seem to work. I had my husband talk to me while the open and monitor filters were turned on through the app, and I couldn't hear him. I know the mic works, because when I say "hello fiil" a lady says hello back.

You can do that directly from the headphones - no software. I think the app is still not working 100%.

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #26 of 36
You can do that directly from the headphones - no software. I think the app is still not working 100%.

Thanks, I will give it a try using the buttons. I'm sure the other half will enjoy another round of "Say something now. Wait, not yet. Say something now." :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The sound of the music did change when I changed filters through the app, but I could not hear external sounds.

Nov 17, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #28 of 36

The MAF definitely works, even through the app. You'll need to register your product through the app first, though, in order to access full functionality of the app. But yes, you can toggle the different filter modes with the rocker switch on the headphones. 99% of all features can be accessed directly via the headphones themselves. Only some of the more advanced voice search options, as well as over-the-air firmware updates, are only accessible through the app. I actually rarely touch the app, except to monitor my battery levels.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #29 of 36
I registered the app with my serial number, but the search function still doesn't work....... rather, it always yields no results.

I tried the filters today through the buttons on the headset.  There is def a change in sound, but I wouldn't say that it allows me to hear people talking when music is playing with the monitor and open filters.  That being said, I mentioned to a few people who came by my cube today that the music stops playing when I take them off and starts playing again when I put them on, and everyone (including me) thought that was neat.  One person said "You always have the coolest stuff!" 
happy_face1.gif

Hopefully some of the features will get better with future firmware updates, but for the time being I am happy with this purchase.  They are a fun-sounding headphone with some really cool features for the price.

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #30 of 36
Hi guys! Glad to have found this thread! I received the FIIL Diva last week and have been listening to it non-critically. Love the overall neutral response, though nothing exceedingly exciting. Agree on the feature list that is impressive for the price. Now after reading some out-of-this-world reviews shared on this thread, I will give it another listen over the next few days before publishing my review on my blog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back