Feliks Audio tube amps
Jul 16, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #286 of 1,113
A millennium is 1000. It's a special number.

Some photos to prove why

86e93260-6fcd-441e-9cb0-f9b2423f7c94.jpg

1000_USD_note;_series_of_1934;_obverse.jpg

maxresdefault (3).jpg

Jul 16, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #287 of 1,113
Too late. I have 1001 likes now. Thanks Zach !!! :)

I think of Atticus and Eikon at work. I even say it at project meeting. !!!

Except those guys don't know what they are !!!! Now if only they knew !!!

There were be no work done. :)

Jul 17, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #288 of 1,113
Went to Canjam 2017 on Sunday, met Lukasz, had a listen to Euforia and Elise in direct comparison, Euforia is a major step up, they had it with some ok tubes not the standard set, but still sounded great. Tried it with the Focal
Elear's, and borrowed a pair of T1 Gen2's from the Beyer stand, the Beyers out strip the Elear's by quite a way with both amps. Planning to try something new later in the week, taking the Elise home to try it with my Rega PL3, Lehmann Black box + into two
Cyrus X Powers out to the LS50's. Looking forward to seeing how this will sound, so used to the Cyrus Pre DAC QX sound at home, will be great to try some "tubey" sounds through the LS50's.

Jul 17, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #289 of 1,113
Went to Canjam 2017 on Sunday, met Lukasz, had a listen to Euforia and Elise in direct comparison, Euforia is a major step up, they had it with some ok tubes not the standard set, but still sounded great. Tried it with the Focal
Elear's, and borrowed a pair of T1 Gen2's from the Beyer stand, the Beyers out strip the Elear's by quite a way with both amps. Planning to try something new later in the week, taking the Elise home to try it with my Rega PL3, Lehmann Black box + into two
Cyrus X Powers out to the LS50's. Looking forward to seeing how this will sound, so used to the Cyrus Pre DAC QX sound at home, will be great to try some "tubey" sounds through the LS50's.

Your hearing is consistent with mine. How anyone can think that Elise sounded the same as or as good as Euforia, is beyond me. Euforia is definitely a big step up over Elise in the sound department.

I too prefer T1 over Elear or HD650. I just happen to prefer HD800 to all of them. Also depends by what you mean by 'out strip by quite a way'. HD800 and T1 will resolve much better than Elear or HD650 for that matter. It's a different sound signature. However, some just prefer the more relaxing and lusher tone of Elear or HD650. So what is your ideal tone isn't necessary the ideal tone for everyone.

However as I said, I too prefer resolution over lushness. It's just my preference. I do occasionally like to relax with my HD650 when all I want is to listen to music casually. After a few reds, you won't notice the difference anyway. :)

Lastly, using Elise and Euforia as preamp is a great experience. Read back a few pages and see how enthusiastic I was using Euforia as a preamp to my stereo system.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #291 of 1,113
So there is a flurry of activity from Schiit's fans. Everyone is scrambling to buy Eitr like their Schiit dacs are sounding like crap - literally. Pretty amazing.

Me? I will get Gen 5 on my Yggdrasil eventually but I'm not rushing in like the post Christmas sale. After all, I have never felt that my Yggy's USB Gen 3 is missing anything. I believe Jason though when he says that Gen 5 is a big improvement.

Gen 5 does this:-
  1. Complete isolation of the USB power supplies (self-powered USB interface, requires no power from the computer.)
  2. Complete isolation of the USB ground (grounds are not shared)
  3. A total re-work of the USB interface, based on the CM6631A
  4. High precision local re-clocking after isolation based on crystal oscillators running at two separate clock multiples for 44.1kHz and 48kHz-based sampling rates.

I will get Gen 5 but all in due time. When they introduced self install Gen 5 module boards.

Am I interested in Eitr? which is Gen 5 for USB to SPDIF conversion. Unlikely unless I need it for a non-Schiit dac.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #293 of 1,113
Gday Ross. A2A still awaiting shipment from USA.

With the 3 recent hot releases from Schiit, it could be weeks before I get it.

Will post impressions when I get it.

Jul 19, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #295 of 1,113
Your hearing is consistent with mine. How anyone can think that Elise sounded the same as or as good as Euforia, is beyond me. Euforia is definitely a big step up over Elise in the sound department.

I too prefer T1 over Elear or HD650. I just happen to prefer HD800 to all of them. Also depends by what you mean by 'out strip by quite a way'. HD800 and T1 will resolve much better than Elear or HD650 for that matter. It's a different sound signature. However, some just prefer the more relaxing and lusher tone of Elear or HD650. So what is your ideal tone isn't necessary the ideal tone for everyone.

However as I said, I too prefer resolution over lushness. It's just my preference. I do occasionally like to relax with my HD650 when all I want is to listen to music casually. After a few reds, you won't notice the difference anyway. :)

Lastly, using Elise and Euforia as preamp is a great experience. Read back a few pages and see how enthusiastic I was using Euforia as a preamp to my stereo system.

Hi UT,
It was reading back through this thread that gave me the idea to take the Elise home, so thanks for that. I felt the T1's had a more rounded - (not so upper mid strong as the Elears), resolving and transparent presentation. Listening to the Elears, I could see as quite fatiguing over a period of time. Seriously considering selling my Mr Speakers Aeons when they come back from the states for their retune....??? - Mr Speakers request! Then buying a pair of T1 Gen 2's. If the Experiment works with the Elise at home I'll then consider a Euforia for home...:L3000:

New tubes on the way, a pair of Ken-Rad 6F8G's and a pair of Ken-Rad VT-231's, itching to try them with the Chatham 6080WB's which have to be my best purchase so far, I love
their punchiness, the delivery and soundstage on the Elise is staggering
best I've heard yet...:smile_phones:
IMG_1115.jpg

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #296 of 1,113
Ahh thought they had it in their Melbourne store. Perhaps you should also consider the Vidar..ahem

That's what A2A told me but apparently there's none in Melbourne. So the wait for the shipment from USA. I could cancel it I suppose and order a DNA Stratus instead but that would be a year's wait. Either way, I'm in no hurry. I have Euforia now and I can afford to wait.

How's Elise sounding? :)

Jul 19, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #297 of 1,113
Hi UT,
It was reading back through this thread that gave me the idea to take the Elise home, so thanks for that. I felt the T1's had a more rounded - (not so upper mid strong as the Elears), resolving and transparent presentation. Listening to the Elears, I could see as quite fatiguing over a period of time. Seriously considering selling my Mr Speakers Aeons when they come back from the states for their retune....??? - Mr Speakers request! Then buying a pair of T1 Gen 2's. If the Experiment works with the Elise at home I'll then consider a Euforia for home...:L3000:

New tubes on the way, a pair of Ken-Rad 6F8G's and a pair of Ken-Rad VT-231's, itching to try them with the Chatham 6080WB's which have to be my best purchase so far, I love
their punchiness, the delivery and soundstage on the Elise is staggering
best I've heard yet...:smile_phones:

I have a pair of Bendix 6080wb and bought another pair of Chatham 608wb from @oshipao. Love the 6080wb. Exactly as you described... punchiness, bass weight and soundstage. I can't get enough of these graphite plates.

Look forward to your impressions of the Ken Rad 6F8G and Ken Rad VT231.

I only had a very short listen of Elear on Euforia at the meet. Although I love it for those fleeting moments, I can't say if I'll be happy for the long term. I might because it sounded more enjoyable than HD650.

I thought the T1 Gen 1 sounded great on Elise and Euforia but a bit thin and sharp, not in an unpleasant way. However, I think the T1 G2 might be a better fit for most people, including probably me. I do find the HD800 to be superbly sounding with Elise and Euforia. There's more density of tone and larger soundstage compared to T1. Btw I rather refer it as headstage because soundstage really belongs to speakers.

I think you will love Elise as preamp in your home stereo. The tube preamp dials in very nice tube tones.

Thanks for your feedback and sharing.

Ps... you keep your Elise so clean. That's how it should be. :) Also Daft Punk on your screen ... great for testing tubes.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #298 of 1,113
Perhaps you should also consider the Vidar..ahem

Why? :)

I am not migrating over to stereo completely yet. Most of my listening is still with headphones. So Ragnarok makes sense rather than a Vidar. Never had a mono bloc before though. My most powerful amp is a Denon at 100 watts into 8 ohms.

I might do something wicked. Use Euforia as preamp to Ragnarok for headphone listening... need to check this out.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #299 of 1,113
That's what A2A told me but apparently there's none in Melbourne. So the wait for the shipment from USA. I could cancel it I suppose and order a DNA Stratus instead but that would be a year's wait. Either way, I'm in no hurry. I have Euforia now and I can afford to wait.

How's Elise sounding? :)
Just started a listen not too long ago..pairs well with my hD600s but sounding a bit metallic with the T1. Could be the tubes/DAC/cables..gonna switch to the Bimby and see how it fares.

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #300 of 1,113
Why? :)

I am not migrating over to stereo completely yet. Most of my listening is still with headphones. So Ragnarok makes sense rather than a Vidar. Never had a mono bloc before though. My most powerful amp is a Denon at 100 watts into 8 ohms.

I might do something wicked. Use Euforia as preamp to Ragnarok for headphone listening... need to check this out.

Fair point..as to the Euforia as pre-amp, i would say thats a splendid idea although the gain may be a tad high with lesser volume play on your Euforia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back