Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jun 24, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #3,256 of 11,460

One great benefit of HeadFi is how much we can learn from others. I haven't been in a brick and mortars stereo store in years. I wasn't sure they even still existed. But I just realized there is a Focal dealer about 3 miles from where I live with a Utopia in stock. He also carries McIntosh, Audio Research and Wilson Speakers. Fortunately, I can learn from UT's recent visit to Addicted to Audio to avoid like a plague the area of Scottsdale where that dealer is located. Thank you UT :k701smile:

Mr PC, let me tell you this. One day in the not too distant future, I shall pay Wing of Minidisc.com.au in Chatswood a visit. I shall bring my Yggy, Euforia and HD800 along.

The purpose of the visit is to audition Chord Hugo 2. I will make sure that I intentionally leave the left RCA cable unconnected.... :ksc75smile:

Nah... I'll be an honest John. I want the truth and nothing but the tooth, whether the Hugo 2 is similar to Chord Dave although I have the faintest clue what Dave sounds like. Of course I want to know if it holds a candle to my mighty Yggdrasil. Remember nothing beats Yggdrasil or I will beat it with a club.

Jun 24, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #3,257 of 11,460
The purpose of the visit is to audition Chord Hugo 2.

That's fun news. I can't imagine how anyone who has been following you and H1 recently who isn't curious what either of you would think comparing the two DACs. There is this persistent voice in the depths of my brain who keeps telling me that someday, some how, I will own a Yiggy - although I usually keep that voice pretty well caged most of the time. I think at a deeply philosophical and personal level it's my fear that I may be lying on my death bed with my greatest regret being that I never owned a Yiggy. I do try to keep my priorities in proper perspective. :ksc75smile:

Jun 24, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #3,258 of 11,460
If I have any pearls of wisdom left, this will be what I will advice you.

GET THE YGGDRASIL.

Angelo thinks he has heard everything. Well let me tell you he hasn't heard everything I'm hearing in Yggy and yet feel very comforting on the ears.

Yggy is taking it to the nether regions and I don't usually use such language.

Now it's deciding whether I go and play badminton or stay back for one more Pink Floyd 'Wish You Were Here'.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #3,259 of 11,460
Pct, I think it's cheaper if you fly to London and listen to Hugo 2 then fly to Sydney to listen to Yggdrasil.... with almost identical setup.... almost I say.

Then decide to buy both and live happily ever after.

Jun 24, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #3,261 of 11,460
Alright my body says I need the exercise. So I'll be executing this move in 30 mins time.....

badminton-history.jpg

followed by this

185507910_hQJ9Q-L.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #3,262 of 11,460
Pct, I think it's cheaper if you fly to London and listen to Hugo 2 then fly to Sydney to listen to Yggdrasil.... with almost identical setup.... almost I say.

Then decide to buy both and live happily ever after.

Something about your math doesn't seem to add up, but I'm not really sure what it is. Anyway, I'm a difficult, cranky house guest, so that wouldn't work. BTW, even if you told me Hugo2 was much better than Yiggy, I'd still have my heart set on Yiggy. It's just kind of a thing with me.

Happy badminton))))

Jun 24, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #3,263 of 11,460
Something about your math doesn't seem to add up, but I'm not really sure what it is. Anyway, I'm a difficult, cranky house guest, so that wouldn't work. BTW, even if you told me Hugo2 was much better than Yiggy, I'd still have my heart set on Yiggy. It's just kind of a thing with me.

Happy badminton))))

Hey that will make us twins. How good is that?

Welcome to Yggy fan club.

Jun 25, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #3,264 of 11,460
Yes, everything seems to point to GEC 6080....and I have the same experience as you: better go for the good tubes straight away.
Any good tube shop worth trying apart from ebay?
Had the same preoccupation for quite some time now myself. Langrex is one name that come up, although you must rid of yourself of any hope to catch a bargain. The prices are fair though, definitely on the fair side to what other professional sellers are asking for on eBay, They're also on eBay under the name "yitry" and you can see they have like 4digit numbers of positive feedback! So definitely a reliable seller, who I bought my Sylvania 6sn7wgt from.

Of course this doesn't mean you can't find good tunes on eBay. I got my GEC 6080 and Sylvania 6sn7w from private auctions and they're wonderful!

Jun 25, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #3,265 of 11,460
Had the same preoccupation for quite some time now myself. Langrex is one name that come up, although you must rid of yourself of any hope to catch a bargain. The prices are fair though, definitely on the fair side to what other professional sellers are asking for on eBay, They're also on eBay under the name "yitry" and you can see they have like 4digit numbers of positive feedback! So definitely a reliable seller, who I bought my Sylvania 6sn7wgt from.

Of course this doesn't mean you can't find good tunes on eBay. I got my GEC 6080 and Sylvania 6sn7w from private auctions and they're wonderful!

Thanks for the info.
Apparently, I had bought a pair of Visseaux 6J5 from "yitry" some time ago for my Ember :)
He only has one tube left in stock, but I found another seller with similar prices and he has pairs.

Jun 25, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #3,266 of 11,460
I bought so many tubes from yitry aka Langrex.

Tubes include Svetlana/Mazda EF86 and Mullard EF80 and Mullard EF86 for my La Figaro 339. ... and a pair of RCA 6080.

I would have bought the GEc 6as7g from Langrex too but fortunately Stavros still kept his last pair for me. I got it cheaper, newer and better spec, with original boxes too.

Speaking of which, it is in La Figaro 339 now. Just don't ask me how it sounds because I'm teary now.... and that's unusual because Clint Eastwood doesn't show any emotions.

20170625_190156.jpg

Jun 25, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #3,267 of 11,460
The GEC 6as7g construction is the best I've seen of the 6as7 / 6080 power tubes. It's quality stuff. It's no ordinary tube, just looking at it and holding it in your hand. Even the Bendix 6080wb slotted graphite plates doesn't come close. The GEC 6080 by contrast, looks very ordinary.

Fortunately, the sound live up to the looks.... and more. I really wonder how many more NOS NIB pair of GEC 6as7g are left on this planet. Maybe the Queen has a warehouse full of them... I really hope that Buckingham Palace is stock full with it. Then King UT will march into it on his black stallion.

3325B7E100000578-0-image-a-11_1460592874737.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #3,270 of 11,460
I think I twisted my neck doing this. Now the headphone is holding my head upright. Who would have known that a headphone is so useful.

3fb7446246e8ceadb69911dddc156def.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back