Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Jun 23, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #8,807 of 11,833
I don't have enough spare time to post much but I'm still reading every post on the Elise and Euphoria threads. Wait, maybe that's why I don't have the spare time!
I'm still using my Bimby/Elise combo every night - that's more time gone!
The Euphoria is a bit beyond my budget ATM, but that was true of the T1's for about 2 years and I got there in the end. But truly, I'm happy with my Elise so that upgrade may never happen.

TJ, you warm my heart, you really do. I never knew anyone really read all the post here and on Euforia's thread... and I'm posting like a maniac .... and jabbing @pctazhp every odd days and teasing @connieflyer every even days. That's life in Elise in Wonderland.

Anyhoo, I think you're at the sweet spot with Bimby > Elise > T1 Gen 2. Most could have call this the end and not have any need to upgrade anymore. Believe me, I really do think that. Once you upgrade beyond that, you start to get really crazy.... I mean really crazy. Crazy in price, crazy in sound, crazy in euphoria. I don't even know how to put this in words. Did I ever regret upgrading beyond the sweet spot? No. :) Did I enjoy it? You bet. :) Is it worth upgrading? Haha ..... why do you think I am posting like a maniac. :) Would I do anything different if I had to start on a clean slate? Nope.. nada... never.. ever... this is it. It can't get better than this.... if it does .... show me. :gs1000smile:

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #8,808 of 11,833
The main problem I still have with the new format is it won't show us who is online for a particular thread

Correct. I need to see if anyone is reading my mercurial posts. Too many readers and I get stage fright. Too little, I might get no inspirations. However mostly I just write to release the chi in me as I listen to music. Those words just come out like the musical notes. That's how good lyrics are born....

'Hello darkness my old friend, Why do you come to see me again?' Don't you even think of borrowing my tubes Mr Darkness !!!!!!!

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #8,809 of 11,833
TJ, you warm my heart, you really do. I never knew anyone really read all the post here and on Euforia's thread... and I'm posting like a maniac .... and jabbing @pctazhp every odd days and teasing @connieflyer every even days. That's life in Elise in Wonderland.

Anyhoo, I think you're at the sweet spot with Bimby > Elise > T1 Gen 2. Most could have call this the end and not have any need to upgrade anymore. Believe me, I really do think that. Once you upgrade beyond that, you start to get really crazy.... I mean really crazy. Crazy in price, crazy in sound, crazy in euphoria. I don't even know how to put this in words. Did I ever regret upgrading beyond the sweet spot? No. :) Did I enjoy it? You bet. :) Is it worth upgrading? Haha ..... why do you think I am posting like a maniac. :) Would I do anything different if I had to start on a clean slate? Nope.. nada... never.. ever... this is it. It can't get better than this.... if it does .... show me. :gs1000smile:

I've gotten to the point in life where I don't trust anything, including my own calendar. So I don't know if this is an odd or even day. But I agree with you. And I begrudgingly have to admit you have a special way with words. I always read your posts. Don't know if you consider that I'm a part of your old friend "darkness" ))))

Bimby/Elise/T1 seems like a great dividing line between a solid system and when further improvement starts to become crazy. But "crazy" can always be fun, if funds permit :k701smile:

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #8,810 of 11,833
Me too, but as a lawyer I hate any hint of conflict resolution!!!!

As a headphoneus supremus reviewer, I'll give you cornflakes, conflict, constants and more..... it is said that Shakespeare couldn't stop once he started writing.... till they take the pen away from him.

So try and stop me..... Mr Law Ear.

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #8,812 of 11,833
Jun 23, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #8,813 of 11,833
And I begrudgingly have to admit you have a special way with words. I always read your posts. Don't know if you consider that I'm a part of your old friend "darkness" ))))

Now I'm reeeeeeeally getting worried. There is a darkness reading all my posts !!!

Moderator !!!! I need all my posts archived and erased from this forum..... and published again 50 years from now.

The trick to having a special ways with words is to listen to music with HD800 on the head, powered by Euforia, which in turn has Sylvania 6sn7w and Gec 6as7g in it and fed by the world tree, Yggdrasil. Believe me, once you have that, the words just come naturally, organically, holographically and euphorically.

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #8,814 of 11,833
UT. You aren't quite there yet. I have contacted HiFiMan about shipment to Sydney for Christmas. Just my modest way of adding light to darkness. If you buy one in the meantime, let me know. I'll send you a box of Cactus Candy for Christmas instead.

http://hifiman.com/products/detail/275

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #8,815 of 11,833
It
UT. You aren't quite there yet. I have contacted HiFiMan about shipment to Sydney for Christmas. Just my modest way of adding light to darkness. If you buy one in the meantime, let me know. I'll send you a box of Cactus Candy for Christmas instead.

http://hifiman.com/products/detail/275

Susvara? A heavenly voice? Sweetly voice? Gimme a break HiFi Man. Even HiFi Woman don't charge $6000 for her headphones. No headphones should be more expensive than the Focal Utopia because Utopia in Tyll Hansen's words, is the Supreme Being, the ruler of the universe of headphones. Think beryllium, the world most scare resources.....

and I unashamedly copied this from Wikinonsense...

Beryllium is a chemical element with symbol Be and atomic number 4. It is a relatively rare element in the universe, usually occurring as a product of the spallation of larger atomic nuclei that have collided with cosmic rays. Within the cores of stars beryllium is depleted as it is fused and creates larger elements.

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #8,817 of 11,833
BTW. Speaking of moderator, do you know who's ours is? I guess we are such a commendable group of human beings he/she never has to get involved. It's weird thinking that there is someone who presumably was chosen based on maturity and common sense who monitors what goes on here.

One final word (before my next post). I think "magic" is the key to system enjoyment and I believe F-A specializes in magic. I'm still impressed that Espressivo-E was chosen as Headfonic's Best Desktop Amp of the Year for 2016. My calendar tells me that was just last year.

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #8,818 of 11,833
There is a moderator here? I didn't know that... that is quite hard to fathomed. I mean with DL posting all that Christmas tree.... why wasn't he stopped? Just kidding !!! DL, I hope you're ok somewhere in Asia !!!

If a moderator is here, why was Mordy allowed to use the word 'Schiit'? Incredible. Why were we allowed to squabble over which is the best headphones or which is the best tube? Life's unexplained mystery.

Anyway, back on topic please.

Regarding Feliks Audio... it's no magic. A designer takes time and effort to come up with a blueprint for an outstanding creation. It's months of painstaking work. Tuning, listening, selecting the right components, consider the look, the chassis, the caps, the resistors, the wires, the fuse and so on. FA works as a family team. Lukasz was chosen as the spokesman but he's actually very hands on too. He has the finishing touch to putting the volume knob on. Do you know that the knob is the most interactive piece between you and Elise or Euforia? I mean which other part of the amp do you touch most often?

Good now I got you thinking....

Ps... Espressivo-E was chosen as the 'Best' because they submitted it to the Coffee contest... little did the judges know that it's not coffee related but that it's an amp but it's too late when that hit the press.

Jun 23, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #8,819 of 11,833
For those who are wondering which of my favorite songs I'm listening to this morning (which I'm sure includes @connieflyer at least when he wakes up), this is it. I still get chills when I hear this and many other of Joan's classics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back