Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Jun 21, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #8,732 of 11,833
Or yours never had them. The UK government wasn't that interested in colourful stickers. Btw, the Z refers to the MOV/GEC factory in Hammersmith, London.

Correct. These tubes were right in the thick of battle...in the trenches of WW2. The last thing it needs are colourful stickers that sticks out to give the camouflage away.

Jun 21, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #8,733 of 11,833
Jun 21, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #8,734 of 11,833
Or yours never had them. The UK government wasn't that interested in colourful stickers. Btw, the Z refers to the MOV/GEC factory in Hammersmith, London.
Good to hear that! Hammersmith is good, right?

Jun 21, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #8,735 of 11,833
There cometh a time, there cometh a man and there cometh an amp and what you get is euphoria and contentment.

When I started out, I met a Head-fier name HeatFan, who has SinglePower MPX3, Extreme, Woo Audio Wa2 and Darkvoice 336se. A very nice man I'd say and he has a vast collection of 6sn7 and 6as7. He was happy and did not go any further. All he had for headphones was the HD650 and DT880, lots of Grados, UltraOnes. An average Audio Gd dac. He was happy. Anyone could be happy with that.

Lesson I learnt from HF is that I could be happy now. Enough OTL amps and nearly enough tubes. I am going to enjoy my music from here on.... and I hope you do too.

Oh... I will do a synopsis of 6sn7 at some point. Well just those that I have.... I could not possibly cover every 6sn7 under the sun but I will have a good cross section of it.

Jun 21, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #8,737 of 11,833
Jun 21, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #8,738 of 11,833
Btw, Stavros is a gentleman and an absolutely courteous and polite person to talk to. Never condescending and always willing to discuss Head-Fi with humility. He does have one more GEC 6as7g with black base that is in good condition and other tubes. So speak to him if you are interested.
As I said: I have to buy a bike now. Thank God it's not a Specialized Roubaix...

Looking forward to meeting Stavros some day in the - hopefully - not too distant future though; indeed he sounds like a great guy!

Jun 21, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #8,739 of 11,833
Believe me all you need is a Specialized Roubaix and the wind against your face.

Freedom comes with a racing bicycle.

I got my Roubaix cheap. Only 2 grand.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #8,741 of 11,833
Then I change the wheels to a higher model just like I change the tubes in my amps.

Some things never change. :)
Hahaha! Indeed! Signing off, goodnight! Tomorrow I'll get back with the 6sn7w on my Hammersmith GEC..,

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #8,743 of 11,833
Hi UT,

Did the wheels cost more than the bike?

Don't ask

Similarly did my tubes cost more than Elise? Don't ask.

In a racing bicycle, the wheels makes a big difference.

Similarly in an OTL amp the tubes makes a big difference.

Is it worth it upgrading in both instance. Definitely.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #8,744 of 11,833
Don't ask

Similarly did my tubes cost more than Elise? Don't ask.

In a racing bicycle, the wheels makes a big difference.

Similarly in an OTL amp the tubes makes a big difference.

Is it worth it upgrading in both instance. Definitely.

Just got an email that Massdrop is repeating their deal on the Sennheiser HD650 starting June 26. Limited to 7500 customers. The price has increased to $250 from $200; shipping is free.
The HD 6XX Returns

It’s no secret that the Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX is the hands-down most requested, most talked-about product on Massdrop. And now, we’re excited to bring it back for an encore. A modern take on the HD 650, this headphone has the Sennheiser sound you know and love, plus a darker colorway, a detachable 6-foot cable, and a more user-friendly connector.

It’ll be available starting Monday, June 26 at 6 a.m. PT for $249.99 with free domestic and international shipping. Click “Request” on the drop page below to be notified at this time. This drop is limited to 7,500 serialized units.

SEE DROP

It should be noted that the discounted street price is $316.00 at this time:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back