Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
May 20, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #7,591 of 40,539
Nice to see so many glowing comments on Zeus XR , as i am about to join the Zeus XR Task Force

one question , is it better going for flushed or recessed sockets and why ?

thanx for any feedback guys

May 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #7,592 of 40,539
Who's having a baby? Picked a name yet? :p

I assume that's your full circle journey of starting with XR, switching to XRA, and now going back to XR?

Hahaha yes sir, and this whole time I've been trying on other IEMs and HPs and just none come as good as the xr, tuning, resolution and immersion. Just csnt find it...

May 20, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #7,593 of 40,539
Nice to see so many glowing comments on Zeus XR , as i am about to join the Zeus XR Task Force

one question , is it better going for flushed or recessed sockets and why ?

thanx for any feedback guys

When I messaged Nic about the SilverFi cables (R2 and R4), he said that the 2 pin connectors on the cable are on the large side that, they don't fit in the recessed sockets.

So if you know, the cables you would buy for the Zeus, would never have large connectors, you shouldn't have a problem going with recessed.

May 20, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #7,594 of 40,539
Hahaha yes sir, and this whole time I've been trying on other IEMs and HPs and just none come as good as the xr, tuning, resolution and immersion. Just csnt find it...

My only concern with XR will be the pressure, I've grown accustomed to pressure vented IEMs and I can definitely feel the higher pressure from IEMs with high driver counts, I'm thinking venting is more useful with such IEMs while remembering that in order for BA's to function properly they need some pressure in the canal for air movement. I am stoked for DR, resolution is paramount for me an an IEM.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #7,597 of 40,539
What would you guys say is a good CIEM from Empire Ears regarding EDM, Chillstep type of music. Something that is just FUN. Unless there is another company I should be looking at?

Looking for V-shaped sound? Or mid centric. Need resolution or boom bass?

May 20, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #7,599 of 40,539
Probably V-Shaped sound. And something with resolution more than boomy.

You might want to look into the Cerberus. If my memory serves me right, it's (relatively) V-shaped and it's plenty fun. If you want more resolution, look towards the Hermes or Athena. Those aren't V-Shaped though, but they do have a very engaging and fun sound signature that I feel will work very well with EDM.

May 20, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #7,600 of 40,539
While not V-shaped I do recommend Athena based on what others have described it for EDM.

I too, largely listening to EDM and some pop, I find Zeus XIV to be cream of crop in both headphones and iems for EDM/techno ect. Forward mids with plenty of quantity in the bass region, uncompromising highs, and absolute outstanding resolution (without dry analytic cold sound).

Empire Ears does ship out demos if you want to try for yourself. Otherwise you can try th900, it does good with EDM, but a far cry ok the resolution and engaging aspect. Talk to Jack Vang abiut your tastes.

I guess we all forgot.... What kind of budget are you working with? Probably the most important of questions, unfortunately... In this hobby.

May 20, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #7,601 of 40,539
I doubt people will tell you other companies in the EE thread. :v:

Unless he was hoping for an answer from someone who has BFF of another company under his screen name? :p

May 20, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #7,603 of 40,539
Thats an impressive list of CIEMS I see in your sig. Do you have a suggestion on which one is most fun on your list?
I can guess which one he will choose (that's currently in his signature). We shall see...

May 20, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #7,604 of 40,539
Thats an impressive list of CIEMS I see in your sig. Do you have a suggestion on which one is most fun on your list?

Let's stick to discussion of EE c/iems in this thread, and continue with this question in PM (ping me with what exactly you're looking for).

May 20, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #7,605 of 40,539
Let's stick to discussion of EE c/iems in this thread, and continue with this question in PM (ping me with what exactly you're looking for).
Womp womp - totally understand though, recommendations should be of EE models in said thread, as a usual courtesy. PMed you which model I think it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back