Eastern Iowa - Interest check for a meet in 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #17 of 27
The first obstacle is getting enough people to show interest. I think we are approaching the point where we may have enough people to make this feasible.

The second issue is making sure there is enough variety of equipment so that it's interesting enough for people to want to drive a few hours to hear something new. It isn't mandatory that you bring a pile of gear, but post or PM me with what you guys could bring. Some have already responded with what they have, and that's been noted.

I can bring anything that's in my signature, and within a few months a Yggdrasil will be added to the mix. I'd love to hear some more summit-fi level gear, (like Stax, Senn HD-800, etc) but if you don't own anything at that level it's fine. I don't want to discourage anyone if what you have is entry level. There's a place for all tastes and price points.

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #18 of 27
I would be willing to bring anything in my signature as well. Hopefully it isn't too generic.

- InsanityOne 
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #19 of 27
  The first obstacle is getting enough people to show interest. I think we are approaching the point where we may have enough people to make this feasible.

The second issue is making sure there is enough variety of equipment so that it's interesting enough for people to want to drive a few hours to hear something new. It isn't mandatory that you bring a pile of gear, but post or PM me with what you guys could bring. Some have already responded with what they have, and that's been noted.

I can bring anything that's in my signature, and within a few months a Yggdrasil will be added to the mix. I'd love to hear some more summit-fi level gear, (like Stax, Senn HD-800, etc) but if you don't own anything at that level it's fine. I don't want to discourage anyone if what you have is entry level. There's a place for all tastes and price points.

I could cover most of what your looking for. At the same time I would rather bring the following: Metrum Pavane/Kgsshv/007mk1 or Pavane/Teton/Lcd-X, HD800.

Feb 4, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #20 of 27

I could cover most of what your looking for. At the same time I would rather bring the following: Metrum Pavane/Kgsshv/007mk1 or Pavane/Teton/Lcd-X, HD800.

Jibzilla, you just made my day!

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #21 of 27
I just need notice as my work is 7 days a week so I have to ask off sat. and sun. Last year wasn't bad but 2014 had a whole quarter with no days off and 2011 was 2 quarters. May will prob. be no days off.

Feb 5, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #22 of 27
I just need notice as my work is 7 days a week so I have to ask off sat. and sun. Last year wasn't bad but 2014 had a whole quarter with no days off and 2011 was 2 quarters. May will prob. be no days off.

Yep no problem. My goal is to announce 2-3 months in advance if possible.

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #24 of 27
I know I originally mentioned this Spring, but I've been thinking September might be better. Spring is probably too soon to organize properly, Summer is bad for me, so I'm thinking after Labor Day.

I own a fair amount of Schiit gear, and so do a lot of you guys, so this is leaning heavilly towards being a Schiitfest. That still should be a good time but maybe some more guys will be intersted that have some other stuff too.

In another thread a guy suggested that the local library could be a good cheap place to have a meet. We have a new, modern library that has some cool facilities so I may check on that this weekend.

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #25 of 27
I know I originally mentioned this Spring, but I've been thinking September might be better. Spring is probably too soon to organize properly, Summer is bad for me, so I'm thinking after Labor Day.

I own a fair amount of Schiit gear, and so do a lot of you guys, so this is leaning heavilly towards being a Schiitfest. That still should be a good time but maybe some more guys will be intersted that have some other stuff too.

In another thread a guy suggested that the local library could be a good cheap place to have a meet. We have a new, modern library that has some cool facilities so I may check on that this weekend.

I live in the area and have been waiting for such a meet to materialize closer to home. I live in the Quad Cities and I'll definitely go if it's at all possible.

Headphones:
Denon AHD-7000s with Lawton modifications.
HiFiMAN HE-1000 (I somehow lost the cable with the 1/8 inch plug, but still have the balanced and 1/4 inch plug cables).

DAC:
Arcam IR 2

CD Player:
Parasound Z-CD player

Amp:
MicroZOTL 2 with its stock (switching) power supply.  That's the version of the power supply which I used in my HE-1000 beta tester review
(I may or may not "upgrade" to a linear power supply.)

Apr 2, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #26 of 27

I live in the area and have been waiting for such a meet to materialize closer to home. I live in the Quad Cities and I'll definitely go if it's at all possible.

Headphones:
Denon AHD-7000s with Lawton modifications.
HiFiMAN HE-1000 (I somehow lost the cable with the 1/8 inch plug, but still have the balanced and 1/4 inch plug cables).

DAC:
Arcam IR 2

CD Player:
Parasound Z-CD player

Amp:
MicroZOTL 2 with its stock (switching) power supply.  That's the version of the power supply which I used in my HE-1000 beta tester review
(I may or may not "upgrade" to a linear power supply.)

Thats awesome. i've had my eye on a MicroZotl so it would be great to give one a listen. Most of the responders tend to be Schiit -heavy with their gear (myself included) so its good to see a little variety.

Update to all: I looked into getting a room to use at the Cedar Rapids library and it appears to be at no cost, but I can only reserve it within a 3 month window. I'm still shooting for probably Sept or Oct to do this.

My plans for a Yggdrasil are on hold for a while due to some other ongoing projects. I did just order a pair of TH-X00 Purplehearts which should arrive in August and be available for the meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back