Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 6, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #17,311 of 75,117
Yinman 600 is very, very good.

I don't have many earbuds to compare. My other current earbuds are Yuin PK2, 1More E1008, Monk+, Zen2 (not Black), and Auglamour RX-1. My reference is balanced HD650 on Jotunheim.

I listen primarily to classical music. The important thing for classical is neutral response and ability to convey a realistic sound of live acoustic instruments. Earbuds tuned for "fun" sound make classical music sound unnatural. Monk+, Zen2, and RX-1 fail for classical. Yuin (I've owned different models over the years) and E1008 are good for classical, and now Yinman 600.

Yinman 600 is the first earbud I own that I would describe as "audiophile". Treble and bass performance are far beyond the others in my group. Highs are extended, detailed and smooth, producing good soundstage and imaging. The tight and fast bass is stronger and extends lower than I've ever heard from an earbud. The frequency response has a bump in the bass, more than I'd like but not too much to detract from the music. The word "audiophile" came to my mind because it is able to convey some of that palpable presence of live sound, an elusive quality in audio systems.

The Yinman 600 requires serious power. On my Jotunheim, I have to turn the volume higher than for my balanced HD650 (known for being power hungry). Directly on my MacBook Pro, it can be driven loud enough but sound quality is lower.

And... just as I was thinking how much I am enjoying the Yinman 600, I compared it to my HD650. Whoa, the HD650 is on a completely higher level in every aspect of sound – detail, dynamics, realism, etc, and it highlights the limitations of earbuds. Still, I listen to music more on earbuds than anything else. The HD650 feels like putting on a helmet. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #17,312 of 75,117
Officially: Yinman500 some of the best for me. 100 h burns. Highly recommended. Donut foams :kissing_heart:

sir Golov, how does yinman 500 compare to pt15 in terms of clarity, soundstage, instruments separation?

Thanks!

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #17,313 of 75,117
hmmm, several days away from the forum it seems some new enticing choices have surfaced: Yinman 500, ucotech es903, Diomnes Lv2...

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #17,314 of 75,117
hmmm, several days away from the forum it seems some new enticing choices have surfaced: Yinman 500, ucotech es903, Diomnes Lv2...

I will help you out and say that the Diomnes is now end of life. You might be able to hunt one up second hand. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #17,315 of 75,117
I was listening to my PT15 and something didn't convince me... First impression was good, with a nicely airy sound, but after listening more and more I felt like the "3D imaging" has something wrong compared to any other headphone I own. So I tried the Audiocheck Binaural Test with all my buds and the result is that PT15 is the absolute loser! All my other earbuds sounded quite realistic (Auglamour RX1 clear winner, really impressive!), but with the **** I hear less distance and less defined sound location.

So a tried with a binaural recording on Youtube that I like to use for this kind of testings:

With all my other 'buds, at about 0:43, I can clearly hear the car on straight on the left going forward and reaching the Parabolica (a big right turn). It's like I can clearly understand at what distance is the car from me. With the PT15, this is not possibile: I feel that the car stay closer, and the "going forward" effect is almost inaudible...

At this point, I think there are two options:

1. **** PT15 has fake "3D effect".

2. My pair is faulty.

I would be happy if some of you can do the same tests, comparing PT15 with some other earbuds, to know what's the truth. I didn't used particularly technical terms as I'm not an expert, but I hope you understand what I mean
biggrin.gif
. Thanks in advance.

I gotten my PT15, and I thought they works quite well, though fit can be an issue. I will need to reposition them every now and then. Once there is a proper fit, mids come through quite nicely (though not as prominent compared to my RX1) and bass, while lacking a little, is sufficient enough. I don't experience any of the fake 3D effect though.

Has anyone tried switching out the cable? Does it scale well with other cables?

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #17,318 of 75,117
Again, this is for some people experiencing distortion bass on qian39. Today my right driver distort. Open up and blow gently. But still distort. Put it back together in slight different way than original and no more distortion. Anybody affected by qian39 distortion can try this tips.

Feb 6, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #17,319 of 75,117
  I was listening to my PT15 and something didn't convince me... First impression was good, with a nicely airy sound, but after listening more and more I felt like the "3D imaging" has something wrong compared to any other headphone I own. So I tried the Audiocheck Binaural Test with all my buds and the result is that PT15 is the absolute loser! All my other earbuds sounded quite realistic (Auglamour RX1 clear winner, really impressive!), but with the **** I hear less distance and less defined sound location.

So a tried with a binaural recording on Youtube that I like to use for this kind of testings:

With all my other 'buds, at about 0:43, I can clearly hear the car on straight on the left going forward and reaching the Parabolica (a big right turn). It's like I can clearly understand at what distance is the car from me. With the PT15, this is not possibile: I feel that the car stay closer, and the "going forward" effect is almost inaudible...

At this point, I think there are two options:

1. **** PT15 has fake "3D effect".
2. My pair is faulty.

I would be happy if some of you can do the same tests, comparing PT15 with some other earbuds, to know what's the truth. I didn't used particularly technical terms as I'm not an expert, but I hope you understand what I mean
biggrin.gif
. Thanks in advance.

will do later

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #17,320 of 75,117
I spoke too soon. Now the rattle in right driver is back with sub bass heavy track. Alexis Cole albums aren't listenable. Noooooo.....!! Most other album with heavy mid bass are ok though. Just with sub bass. Seems like driver flex or out of place. I dare not look inside until replacement arrives.

Just order another backup replacement. . ~sigh.

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #17,321 of 75,117
Well after a month since the post office got it my 1More earbud has surfaced in Connecticut. As this is an 11.11 purchase I kind of gave up on it's arrival.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #17,323 of 75,117
I will help you out and say that the Diomnes is now end of life. You might be able to hunt one up second hand. 

oops, hope diomnes pass the wheel of life and reincarnate in some form soon...

I heard some news that they got a couple of drivers for diomnes. But i cant confirm if they will produce it soon or wait for another couple drivers

---------------------------------------

Anyone here already had or tried this awesome looking earbud?

Someone in indonesian local group shared it today.
After read first impression, i could say that this is the only bud that totally draw out my attention for a few months later.
If possible, i want to know another impression from someone here as the second opinion before i decide to purchase it

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #17,325 of 75,117
  Yinman 600 is very, very good.

I don't have many earbuds to compare. My other current earbuds are Yuin PK2, 1More E1008, Monk+, Zen2 (not Black), and Auglamour RX-1. My reference is balanced HD650 on Jotunheim.

I listen primarily to classical music. The important thing for classical is neutral response and ability to convey a realistic sound of live acoustic instruments. Earbuds tuned for "fun" sound make classical music sound unnatural. Monk+, Zen2, and RX-1 fail for classical. Yuin (I've owned different models over the years) and E1008 are good for classical, and now Yinman 600.

Yinman 600 is the first earbud I own that I would describe as "audiophile". Treble and bass performance are far beyond the others in my group. Highs are extended, detailed and smooth, producing good soundstage and imaging. The tight and fast bass is stronger and extends lower than I've ever heard from an earbud. The frequency response has a bump in the bass, more than I'd like but not too much to detract from the music. The word "audiophile" came to my mind because it is able to convey some of that palpable presence of live sound, an elusive quality in audio systems.

The Yinman 600 requires serious power. On my Jotunheim, I have to turn the volume higher than for my balanced HD650 (known for being power hungry). Directly on my MacBook Pro, it can be driven loud enough but sound quality is lower.

And... just as I was thinking how much I am enjoying the Yinman 600, I compared it to my HD650. Whoa, the HD650 is on a completely higher level in every aspect of sound – detail, dynamics, realism, etc, and it highlights the limitations of earbuds. Still, I listen to music more on earbuds than anything else. The HD650 feels like putting on a helmet. 

You can try out the Rose Mojito too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back