DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 13, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #13,879 of 14,084
Is it headphone socket loose? It is easy to take apart dx90 and check connections on headphone socket, with small experience of soldering it can be fix.

Is the headphone jack, ibasso-exclusive design only? Or is it easy enough to find on most electronic shops?
It is not exclusive, but usualy it's enough to re-solder existing socket, without changing to a new one.

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #13,880 of 14,084
  Hi guys, I donno if its relevant here. MY dx90 headphone out is not working right side, line out is fine but i prefer sound from phoneout. Can anyone tell me if there is any way to fix this.
Thank you.

It would be a solder point on the board. Easy if you can solder. I have fixed a few and then float a little super glue under the socket and it will never break the solder point again. If you are in the US I will fix it for you for free except for the shipping. 

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #13,881 of 14,084
Is it headphone socket loose? It is easy to take apart dx90 and check connections on headphone socket, with small experience of soldering it can be fix.

Thank you, Will open and check that. I don't have experience in soldering but anyway will open and try :)

It would be a solder point on the board. Easy if you can solder. I have fixed a few and then float a little super glue under the socket and it will never break the solder point again. If you are in the US I will fix it for you for free except for the shipping. 

Thank you . Will open and check it :). I live in india , will try and get some friends help here if soldering is needed. Thanks for your kind offer.

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #13,882 of 14,084
  Thank you, Will open and check that. I don't have experience in soldering but anyway will open and try :)

Thank you . Will open and check it :). I live in india , will try and get some friends help here if soldering is needed. Thanks for your kind offer.

It is very hard to see. It can often look like it is fine. You need to use a magnifying glass and then you can see that the solder joint to the pad has been broken. Heat it fast with a 25 watt small tipped iron and it should create a good joint again. 

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #13,883 of 14,084

It is very hard to see. It can often look like it is fine. You need to use a magnifying glass and then you can see that the solder joint to the pad has been broken. Heat it fast with a 25 watt small tipped iron and it should create a good joint again. 

Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for the detailed information. Will check and get back to guys with my findings. :) .

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #13,885 of 14,084
Anyone here still prefer the classic 2.1.5 L2 firmware?

To those of you who upgraded from this firmware, which one of the newer firmwares did you find better?
Me still on 2.5.1L0.
If you like 2.1.5L2, have you tried 2.1.5L4/L5?

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #13,888 of 14,084
hi I opened my dx90 boldly.. can any one tell me how to proceed to check the phone out problem

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #13,889 of 14,084

hi I opened my dx90 boldly.. can any one tell me how to proceed to check the phone out problem

What do you want to know? The tabs for the sockets are on the sides where they solder to the board. Your phone socket is on the right in the image and I would touch each of the tabs/contact points with the board with a hot iron to remelt them. They check it with some headphones. Make sure you don't bridge any of the solder to another section of the board. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #13,890 of 14,084
What do you want to know? The tabs for the sockets are on the sides where they solder to the board. Your phone socket is on the right in the image and I would touch each of the tabs/contact points with the board with a hot iron to remelt them. They check it with some headphones. Make sure you don't bridge any of the solder to another section of the board. 
Got it. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back