DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #7,096 of 22,021
There is a Kernel version and build version. The latest FW is the build version. Mango is going to show a different number because Mango is built differently. When you do an update, everything gets brought up to date, to the latest specifications. This is what I have learned. I am sure Paul will correct me if I am wrong.

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #7,097 of 22,021
Try do do an update. You will see the current FW version - first possibility.
The second - this is my assumption - Settings- About DX200-Build number - 2.3.125

Well, I checked the second option you gave, and it's showing build number 2.2.110, which according to the iBasso website is the FW from April.
So, it seems I'm NOT on the most recent one!

Just a couple more annoying questions if I may? :p
1) Is there any general consensus amongst users who've tried Lurker's FW that it produces a better/different sound out of the DX200 than the latest iBasso update?

2) If better/different, would such sound differences also apply when I'm using the Mango OS (which is what I normally use)?

I'm highly limited on time at the moment, so I just want to get some feedback to help me make a choice before I go through the downloading/installing stuff procedure!

Jul 20, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #7,098 of 22,021
Well, I checked the second option you gave, and it's showing build number 2.2.110, which according to the iBasso website is the FW from April.
So, it seems I'm NOT on the most recent one!

Just a couple more annoying questions if I may? :p
1) Is there any general consensus amongst users who've tried Lurker's FW that it produces a better/different sound out of the DX200 than the latest iBasso update?

2) If better/different, would such sound differences also apply when I'm using the Mango OS (which is what I normally use)?

I'm highly limited on time at the moment, so I just want to get some feedback to help me make a choice before I go through the downloading/installing stuff procedure!

In the Android section go into About DX200 and then to the bottom of the page to Build number.

I haven't tried Lurkers FW but everything seems to like it a lot. Some report the sound is a little better and I have read a couple of people that said it was the same. In general there are some fixes he does and the consensus is that the sound is changed a little for the better.

Jul 20, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #7,101 of 22,021
Thanks for this trick. Once again back to life. It seems this device is not for IT idiots like me. I do not undestand for example how to install the Lurker modification. Should I update the driver in the device manager first and use the Rockchip factory tool ?

Yes. I was apprehensive at first too but it's quite easy. Be sure to read the ReadMe document in the zip file for the process because there's info on how to get English menus if Factory Tool is showing Asian. Also, once the driver is installed and the Factory Tool is running remember to keep the Play button on the DX200 pressed when connecting to USB/Computer until Rockchip discovers the DAP, it's milliseconds. Then it's a piece of cake after that so long as you got through the ReadMe document. :)

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #7,102 of 22,021
And there it is. New FW here, Everyone.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5234072892

Major amendments:
1. Repair the charge and sleep state when the probability of a small machine restart the problem.
2. Fix the playback state when there is a small probability of automatic pause or laucher error.
3. Update the playlist export and import functions.
4. Fixed a problem with the opportunity to automatically disconnect the DAC connection within the first minute of using the DAC function.

Other optimization:
Android system:
1. Fixed the use of Japanese input method when the error.
2. Fixed the playback part of ape source, the track shows 0/0 problem.
3. Fixed the issue of playing noise when playing DSD music by pressing the side entity key, pausing or playing.
4. Fixed the directory under the choice of music when the actual order of play and catalog sorting is not consistent with the problem.

Mango system:
1. Fixed some of the DSD sound source playback cardton problems.
2. Fixed some types of sound source playback, the suspension of the screen after the system caused by suspended animation problems.
3. Fixed the problem of not displaying the cover picture when playing part of the whole track source file.
4. Fixed the genre directory, from the following two categories by the return key does not show the contents of the problem.
5. Update the FLAC decode library to solve some of the flac sources can not play the problem.

Jul 21, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #7,103 of 22,021
how to get English menus if Factory Tool is showing Asian
In the description of my firmware builds, I provide FactoryTool that starts in English.

Jul 21, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #7,105 of 22,021
Cheers. A clarification of @artpiggo's post of who's firmware would be greatly appreciated. I don't think it's iBasso's original but is it yours @Lurker0??

Jul 21, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #7,107 of 22,021
In the description of my firmware builds, I provide FactoryTool that starts in English.

Looking forward to installing your custom version, thanks for your great effort.
Thank you, but it is not for everyone yet.

Looking forward to installing your custom version, thanks for your great effort.

Jul 21, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #7,108 of 22,021
Jul 21, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #7,109 of 22,021
Jul 21, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #7,110 of 22,021
No worries Gents, I now download via baidu software so it would take 15 min to download and I will upload to google drive asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back