DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 29, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #6,841 of 22,021
Another peculiarity I find is the charging of the DX200 when connected to a computer via USB is a separate function from file transfer or USB DAC. Why can't it charge simultaneously just like every other portable device I have?

Yours doesn't? Because I am pretty sure that the DX200 I have here charges just fine when in file transfer mode.

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #6,842 of 22,021
Is it possible to link the hardware control keys to your custom hiby player??
I don't understand the question. HibyMusic responds to media buttons just fine. If you mean to make other apps not to response to them, then it is not possible with Android.

Also, in technical wise, are there really any sound difference between players such as Poweramp, Mango and hiby??
Technical wise, there should be no a difference when they send bit perfect audio stream to the DAC (hard to achieve with PowerAmp). But there are people who hear the difference... I don't like to discuss esoteric matters :)

Why can't it charge simultaneously just like every other portable device I have?
First of all, the "charging" mode is intended for just charging. In case of USB Mass Storage, your SD card is unmounted internally. With MTP, your device serves your computer providing the access to file storages. In both cases it consumes more than when it is idle (charging). So it is being charged, but slowly.

USB DAC is a different question, I answered it before. In brief, it shall not consume much current from the host by design, to be compatible with portable sources, and it consumes a lot internally.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #6,843 of 22,021
Technical wise, there should be no a difference when they send bit perfect audio stream to the DAC (hard to achieve with PowerAmp). But there are people who hear the difference... I don't like to discuss esoteric matters :)

Haha

this whole forum can be called an Esoteric matter:

esoteric (comparative more esoteric, superlative most esoteric)
  1. intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest, or an enlightened inner circle.
:ksc75smile:

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #6,844 of 22,021
this whole forum can be called an Esoteric matter:
The whole forum discusses these matters (how sound signature depends on unrelated changes in firmware), but point me the one who really understands the causes! By understanding I mean, to be able to explain at the level enough to control such a process, and not just speculations that don't withstand the slightest criticism.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #6,845 of 22,021
The whole forum discusses these matters (how sound signature depends on unrelated changes in firmware), but point me the one who really understands the causes! By understanding I mean, to be able to explain at the level enough to control such a process, and not just speculations that don't withstand the slightest criticism.

Perhaps instead of esoteric you actually meant mystical :smile_phones:

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #6,846 of 22,021
I don't understand the question. HibyMusic responds to media buttons just fine. If you mean to make other apps not to response to them, then it is not possible with Android.

The reason I asked is except hiby, I have two other streaming apps to listen. Sometimes, if I listen to another one then switched to listen to hiby, the media button only worked with the one in the background instead of hiby.

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #6,847 of 22,021
Yours doesn't? Because I am pretty sure that the DX200 I have here charges just fine when in file transfer mode.
I'll need to recheck that based on your comment and Lurker's. I just noticed the USB options that come up were all separate for charging/file transfer/USB DAC so it made me wonder. Be patient with me as I've only had about a day with it so far :)

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #6,848 of 22,021
Is there a way to enable the Mango EQ for all audio, such as Spotify and Bandcamp? Fiio X5 III had this option, and Spotify app even had an EQ as well, but I don't see it on the DX200 for some reason...

Is there a 3rd party app that will do what I'm asking?

Jun 29, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #6,849 of 22,021
The reason I asked is except hiby, I have two other streaming apps to listen. Sometimes, if I listen to another one then switched to listen to hiby, the media button only worked with the one in the background instead of hiby.
Close Hiby (swipe twice from left to right, then push Exit button) and start again. Or try to close that second program. Android players are not that co-operative...

Jun 29, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #6,851 of 22,021
Hi

I'm thinking of getting an iBasso PB3 amp to drive my AudioQuest NightOwls (or whatever I get next) a bit better. Good idea or not?

Regards

Darren

I have the NightOwls. They're easy to drive. Plus, isn't one of the new AMP modules to be released able to drive more full-sized headphones? No need for a separate amp.

Jun 29, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #6,852 of 22,021
I don't know about the new AMP3 and AMP4, but if it's anything like FiiO's Amp5 for the X7, then the extra power will have a serious effect on the battery life.

Also, like I mentioned, "Whatever I get next", so they might be harder to drive than the nightOwls.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #6,853 of 22,021
tried tday the dx-200 with elear.i miss some magic of my old hugo but the combo is really nice. only i think that unbalanced output has little power for elear(i´ve listened at 146). wait for new modules or will try in balanced

Jun 29, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #6,854 of 22,021
tried tday the dx-200 with elear.i miss some magic of my old hugo but the combo is really nice. only i think that unbalanced output has little power for elear(i´ve listened at 146). wait for new modules or will try in balanced
Was it in low or high gain? I use high gain with the Utopia on single ended at around 105.

Jun 29, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #6,855 of 22,021
Was it in low or high gain? I use high gain with the Utopia on single ended at around 105.
LOL. honestly i don´t know really. i listen with tidal in android mode.
the option of gain is only in mango mode or in android too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back