DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 24, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #7,186 of 22,021
It seems that these devices are completely unpredictable. Some work smoothly as reported some tend to crash. I spend a lot of time with my dx200 not hearing music but doing the factory batch again and again. On the last FW my dx200 stopped working on the pure Mango and Mango android as well. Just stopped working during the playback without good reason, why!?! Went back to 2.3.125, possibly will be better on Android at least, pure Mango crashes for sure, this I know. I can accept the philosophy of not absolutely perfect product, tuned by updated FW but my device is not a product at all, it is just the prototype required further work on it, not sure if only the software is the case.
The last chance - I've installed Lurker FW. Does it help generally the software to be more stable? Or maybe Mango remains not trusty and the only solution are other Android players (like Hiby)?

No, Lurker just "fix" very few issues on every firmware version, major bugs still remain. The most I love Lurker firmware is they support Google Play which we cannot find in stock firmware. I think DX200 is the only Android DAP which does not support Google Play, same as China domestic Android mobile phone, it is a weird decision from iBasso.

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #7,187 of 22,021
It seems that these devices are completely unpredictable. Some work smoothly as reported some tend to crash. I spend a lot of time with my dx200 not hearing music but doing the factory batch again and again. On the last FW my dx200 stopped working on the pure Mango and Mango android as well. Just stopped working during the playback without good reason, why!?! Went back to 2.3.125, possibly will be better on Android at least, pure Mango crashes for sure, this I know. I can accept the philosophy of not absolutely perfect product, tuned by updated FW but my device is not a product at all, it is just the prototype required further work on it, not sure if only the software is the case.
The last chance - I've installed Lurker FW. Does it help generally the software to be more stable? Or maybe Mango remains not trusty and the only solution are other Android players (like Hiby)?
Did restarting your DX200 allow it to play music again? We have not had issues with the FW crashing so I need to know everything that was done. This way I can give the information to our software team.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 24, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #7,188 of 22,021
Can't even use my DX200 now, the ghost swipe has more or less taken over. The screen goes crazy and is unresponsive to touch. Just waiting to hear back from amp3 players about return. Gutted, I'm going away next week with no DX200:triportsad:

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #7,189 of 22,021
Can't even use my DX200 now, the ghost swipe has more or less taken over. The screen goes crazy and is unresponsive to touch. Just waiting to hear back from amp3 players about return. Gutted, I'm going away next week with no DX200:triportsad:
I have sent you a PM. Please email me at paul@ibasso.com .

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 24, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #7,190 of 22,021
Did restarting your DX200 allow it to play music again? We have not had issues with the FW crashing so I need to know everything that was done. This way I can give the information to our software team.
Hi Paul,

The typical story is :

1. I play something from balanced output (this one I use)

2. The device stops reacting, while the music is played.

3. I switch the power off

4. The new boot stops at the description 'Reference DAP' not reaching the 'dotted line' phase, no way to boot at all.

5. Factory batch tool and new FW again

6. Everything works OK, till...

7. ....another issue - sometimes the boot does not work (no crash), again not reaching the 'dotted line' phase.

8. Living the device for certain period of time - surprisingly it starts

Completely unstable situation

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #7,192 of 22,021
I agree with you.
Not sure it is the mids being more forward or just the lows being less. (In Mango)

I just went back to 2.3.125
I love the lows in 2.3.125

Others same experience?
Didn't have much time with the latest update, but I agree when I went back to 2.3.125, loved the lows. I'd like to keep that sound, very happy with that version

Jul 24, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #7,193 of 22,021
Didn't have much time with the latest update, but I agree when I went back to 2.3.125, loved the lows. I'd like to keep that sound, very happy with that version
this is in android mode, right?
---

In mi opinion the android in the last update sound better for me, in the new update of mango, i like the new mango.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #7,194 of 22,021
Not quite sure that anyone faces problem likes me. I installed lurker0 firmware 2.4.135 L0 then I went to the original firmware 2.4.135. Using Mango app in Andriond, it pauses a playing track frequently (especially MP3 files). I have to click the play button every 30 seconds - 5 minutes. Now, I go back to lurker0 firmware 2.3.125 L2, and everything is fine now.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #7,195 of 22,021
I don't know what the problems are here. I've not had ANY issues with my unit from day one. Seriously. I'm on Lurkers 125 and enjoying it immensely. The player isn't misbehaving, the software hasn't glitched the unit, nor have my playlists been scrambled. It could be a batch of the units that are problematic. That's definitely a possibility...but I'm just happy I have a good one!

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #7,196 of 22,021
Not quite sure that anyone faces problem likes me. I installed lurker0 firmware 2.4.135 L0 then I went to the original firmware 2.4.135. Using Mango app in Andriond, it pauses a playing track frequently. I have to click the play button every 30 seconds - 5 minutes. Now, I go back to lurker0 firmware 2.3.125 L2, and everything is fine now.

Roll back.

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #7,197 of 22,021
Not quite sure that anyone faces problem likes me. I installed lurker0 firmware 2.4.135 L0 then I went to the original firmware 2.4.135. Using Mango app in Andriond, it pauses a playing track frequently (especially MP3 files). I have to click the play button every 30 seconds - 5 minutes. Now, I go back to lurker0 firmware 2.3.125 L2, and everything is fine now.

Having the same problem, roll back for now

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #7,198 of 22,021
My SD cards are always in exFAT format. Same music database in different SD card crashed in Android Mango player. In few firmware version before, I forgot which one, Mango will crash as well but it could be completed after few attempts. In recent firmware update, never finish scanning successfully. That's why I think either firmware and Mango player are crap. I can easily scanning the database with both Poweramp and hiby, fast and smooth.

One of my client told me some of Mango bugs came back so I sent him ROM with 2.3 Mango app version. It fixed his issues too. Maybe you can try 2.3 ROM and see if scanning works better.

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #7,199 of 22,021
Roll back to v2.2.110-L2,SD card scanning success after 8 attempts finally. Moreover, I prefer the previous sound signature than the recent one. I just wonder why iBasso change the sound signature without considering users who prefer the "original" one.

Jul 25, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #7,200 of 22,021
Insist for using Mango player is that I always believe it should have optimized for the hardware of DX200 which the 3rd party players don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back