DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 24, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #7,171 of 22,021
Help, after upgrade firmware from 2.1 to 2.4 (I skipped 2.3), under android, when play from Directory to follow file name order, its messed up, the android mango player showing second song after 1st song is finished , but in fact it's playing 12nd song in the directory list, tried all directories having same issue.
If play from directories under Mango Mode then it's fine, but I don't want to use Mango mode...

Got the same problem :frowning2:

Jul 24, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #7,172 of 22,021
Help, after upgrade firmware from 2.1 to 2.4 (I skipped 2.3), under android, when play from Directory to follow file name order, its messed up, the android mango player showing second song after 1st song is finished , but in fact it's playing 12nd song in the directory list, tried all directories having same issue.
If play from directories under Mango Mode then it's fine, but I don't want to use Mango mode...
I had the same problem, went back to 2.3,rebooted it and all good. Paul has notified Ibasso and they are working to fix it. I would go back to 2.3 until this has been resolved. Good luck

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #7,173 of 22,021
I had the same problem, went back to 2.3,rebooted it and all good. Paul has notified Ibasso and they are working to fix it. I would go back to 2.3 until this has been resolved. Good luck
Thanks for your reply, means we can copy the older version FW to DX200 and "update" back to older version? (I never fall back to older version before)
I will try to fallback then, because the playing order really unacceptable, sometimes it just keep repeating 1st song itself, when press the side physical button Fast Forward button or vice versa it's would jump to don't know which song too, hope can have urgent fix from this asap, thanks

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #7,174 of 22,021
If the dx200 is touted to be a hi-def audio player, but the only way to get hi-def audio via the amp & headphone out is Mango... then the Mango player needs WAY more work to make it at least have basic play & sort via tagging function correctly.

How much longer until a factory firmware update that fixes these Mango player problems & lack of functionality?

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #7,175 of 22,021
Thanks for your reply, means we can copy the older version FW to DX200 and "update" back to older version? (I never fall back to older version before)
I will try to fallback then, because the playing order really unacceptable, sometimes it just keep repeating 1st song itself, when press the side physical button Fast Forward button or vice versa it's would jump to don't know which song too, hope can have urgent fix from this asap, thanks
You shouldn't have any problem loading the previous update. All the previous updates are available on the Ibasso site.

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #7,176 of 22,021
If the dx200 is touted to be a hi-def audio player, but the only way to get hi-def audio via the amp & headphone out is Mango... then the Mango player needs WAY more work to make it at least have basic play & sort via tagging function correctly.

How much longer until a factory firmware update that fixes these Mango player problems & lack of functionality?

It is quite ridiculous that a high end DAP has a buggy stock player even in basic functions such as shuffle mode. The most terrible thing is these bugs remain even after it had been released for 7 months. I love the sound of DX200 but I will never buy China high end DAP anymore. The QC and software cannot come close to major brands.

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #7,177 of 22,021
Have you tried Lurker0s firmware yet, I'm thinking of giving it a try when I've sorted out return/replacement of my DX200
I was considering it, but I don't think I'm going to.
I'm perfectly happy with the iBasso FW, I have pretty much no issues with anything, and I only ever use Mango; no wifi, no streaming etc.
So a lot of the bells and whistles are not relevant to me lol.
And, as Beavis and Butthead once said "if something's cool, why change?" :D

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #7,178 of 22,021
I was considering it, but I don't think I'm going to.
I'm perfectly happy with the iBasso FW, I have pretty much no issues with anything, and I only ever use Mango; no wifi, no streaming etc.
So a lot of the bells and whistles are not relevant to me lol.
And, as Beavis and Butthead once said "if something's cool, why change?" :D
Think I'm in the same school of thought as you, guess I'm just getting curious and ideas above my station lol :L3000:

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #7,179 of 22,021

I have notified the software team of the problem. For hi resolution sound you also get it in the Android mode.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 24, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #7,180 of 22,021
It is quite ridiculous that a high end DAP has a buggy stock player even in basic functions such as shuffle mode. The most terrible thing is these bugs remain even after it had been released for 7 months. I love the sound of DX200 but I will never buy China high end DAP anymore. The QC and software cannot come close to major brands.
Aside from A&K what major brands are you referring to? I am with as far as the software side of these DAPs. At least iBasso is easy enough to be modified and fixed/enhanced by the community. This is the reason I can't abandon my iPod classic. When it comes to carefree, total music enjoyment, nothing comes close. Maybe A&K. The rest packs many bells and whistle but can get the basics quite right.

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #7,181 of 22,021
For hi resolution sound you also get it in the Android mode.
Yes, but still, in adroid, only mango provides hi-res output. Is that right? No 3rd party android player can provide hi-res output that's doesn't do src to 44.1. Is that still correct?

Also... is volume knob controlling analog output when using mango?... or is the volume knob controlling volume digitally... thus lowering the bit depth? For true hi-res, the volume knob should be controlling analog output. And even better if the actual analog output was being attenuated via digital control of the analog output, from the volume knob. If one were to buy portable components, output to the amp would be full sample rate & bit depth, and then optimally controlled via digital control of an analog output. Do we have this full resolution from dx200?

How exactly is the dx200 volume knob controlling the output? From android mode, it appears to be controlling android volume, which would be bit bit depth reduction. And how is mango os versus android mango volume control different... if any at all? And then how are 3rd party android apps volume control handled versus mango? Will we ever have full resolution output for 3rd party android players?

Jul 24, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #7,182 of 22,021
I am perfectly happy with Android (2.1& up), never had issues with anything aside from launcher 3 bug. (which I solved easily by downloading another launcher called "Evie")

So unlucky y'all :deadhorse:

Jul 24, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #7,183 of 22,021
It seems that these devices are completely unpredictable. Some work smoothly as reported some tend to crash. I spend a lot of time with my dx200 not hearing music but doing the factory batch again and again. On the last FW my dx200 stopped working on the pure Mango and Mango android as well. Just stopped working during the playback without good reason, why!?! Went back to 2.3.125, possibly will be better on Android at least, pure Mango crashes for sure, this I know. I can accept the philosophy of not absolutely perfect product, tuned by updated FW but my device is not a product at all, it is just the prototype required further work on it, not sure if only the software is the case.
The last chance - I've installed Lurker FW. Does it help generally the software to be more stable? Or maybe Mango remains not trusty and the only solution are other Android players (like Hiby)?

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #7,184 of 22,021
Updated to 2.4.135 now. It went smoothly with smooth sound. Well, appreciated for better sounding than 2.2 ones without random reboots. MangoPlayer worked fine for me without crashing at all. I recommend to format micro SD with exFAT 128kb and see if that helps.

Regards,
Keetakawee

My SD cards are always in exFAT format. Same music database in different SD card crashed in Android Mango player. In few firmware version before, I forgot which one, Mango will crash as well but it could be completed after few attempts. In recent firmware update, never finish scanning successfully. That's why I think either firmware and Mango player are crap. I can easily scanning the database with both Poweramp and hiby, fast and smooth.

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #7,185 of 22,021
Aside from A&K what major brands are you referring to? I am with as far as the software side of these DAPs. At least iBasso is easy enough to be modified and fixed/enhanced by the community. This is the reason I can't abandon my iPod classic. When it comes to carefree, total music enjoyment, nothing comes close. Maybe A&K. The rest packs many bells and whistle but can get the basics quite right.

I had a Sony ZX2 before, never had an firmware update even once. It worked flawlessly for the system and the stock player, no shuffle bug, no scanning crash, no random system reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back