DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 23, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #7,156 of 22,021
^
Mango is problematic. Just use another app for listening. Unless you don't mind "perma-shuffle" then Mango is fine :wink:

I actually dislike everything about Mango...the UI is horrid.

Mango is absolutely crap. I even never complete scanning library in recent firmware updates. It crashes everytime when scanning under Android mode. It works only in Mango mode. I switched to hibyplayer anyway. I am really tired to update buggy firmware all the time.

Jul 23, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #7,158 of 22,021
Updated to 2.4.135 now. It went smoothly with smooth sound. Well, appreciated for better sounding than 2.2 ones without random reboots. MangoPlayer worked fine for me without crashing at all. I recommend to format micro SD with exFAT 128kb and see if that helps.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jul 23, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #7,159 of 22,021
Have you tried Lurker0s firmware yet, I'm thinking of giving it a try when I've sorted out return/replacement of my DX200
I am using his FW. Works great!

Jul 23, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #7,161 of 22,021
Mango is absolutely crap. I even never complete scanning library in recent firmware updates. It crashes everytime when scanning under Android mode. It works only in Mango mode. I switched to hibyplayer anyway. I am really tired to update buggy firmware all the time.
I have no reboots or any problem with it scanning any of my cards to completion. I wonder what the issue is? Maybe the formatting as mentioned above.

Jul 23, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #7,162 of 22,021
So I am trying to update my FW from Lurkers to Ibasso... want to have a listen to Ibasso first and then try Lurkers most recent...I went to my settings folder and the update selection, but I could not get access to the manual update selection... it's not allowing me to scroll down...any reason why this is happening?

Jul 24, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #7,163 of 22,021
So I am trying to update my FW from Lurkers to Ibasso... want to have a listen to Ibasso first and then try Lurkers most recent...I went to my settings folder and the update selection, but I could not get access to the manual update selection... it's not allowing me to scroll down...any reason why this is happening?
There are instructions on the 1st page of this thread for updating.

Jul 24, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #7,164 of 22,021
Is there any difference between Android and Mango in terms of sound quality?

I feel difference sound signature. Mango is more warm and more bass compared to android.

Jul 24, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #7,165 of 22,021
There are instructions on the 1st page of this thread for updating.

I'm aware of the instructions... I posted because the instructions were not working for me... Thanks though.

I'll do a factory reset and see if it rectifies the issue.

Jul 24, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #7,166 of 22,021
I'm aware of the instructions... I posted because the instructions were not working for me... Thanks though.

I'll do a factory reset and see if it rectifies the issue.

Can you use smartphone to record on what you did so we could help find out what is done wrong

Jul 24, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #7,167 of 22,021

I'm not sure that I've got the same problem you've got or not. I can only see the first button with text while second ghost button without text. If you saw the same as I do, push that ghost button ! It's the same button in the instruction then follow the rest of the instruction :)

Jul 24, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #7,168 of 22,021
I'm not sure that I've got the same problem you've got or not. I can only see the first button with text while second ghost button without text. If you saw the same as I do, push that ghost button ! It's the same button in the instruction then follow the rest of the instruction :)

Thank you! I didn't even notice the ghost button was still there. I had to reinstall the firmware, as the first one was corrupted. This second attempt seems to have worked just fine. It's installing as I type this. I appreciate all the help!

Jul 24, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #7,170 of 22,021
Help, after upgrade firmware from 2.1 to 2.4 (I skipped 2.3), under android, when play from Directory to follow file name order, its messed up, the android mango player showing second song after 1st song is finished , but in fact it's playing 12nd song in the directory list, tried all directories having same issue.
If play from directories under Mango Mode then it's fine, but I don't want to use Mango mode...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back