Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Apr 3, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #2,492 of 2,536
Hello guys, got my DN1K couple of month ago and they are very good. I read around that a lot of people are losing their spacers (got mine second hand and the gray spacers were already missing). I think I found a cheap solution: keyboard o-rings!

These are used to silence the clicky sound coming form mechanical keyboards keys. They are cheap, fit very well the nozzle, and the do not come off as easily as the original ones. In my experience 3 rings correspond approximately to the red spacer, maybe some half millimeter more. You can even use an extra one to keep the eartips in place if you like very deep spacers.

I got mine here:
http://www.banggood.com/150pcs-White-O-Ring-Keycap-Rubber-For-Cherry-MX-Switch-Keyboard-p-937511.html?rmmds=myorder

I guess dunu may provide something similar in future models, maybe flat instead of doughnut-shaped, just like the original ones.

I would like to add a picture, but the forum doesn't let me so here's a link:

BTW, I was thinking to get a Dragonfly black or red, do you think it is a good match for the dunu? Any hands on experience? Thanks.

Apr 10, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #2,494 of 2,536
BTW, I was thinking to get a Dragonfly black or red, do you think it is a good match for the dunu? Any hands on experience? Thanks.
[/quote]

Hi. I've been using a Dragonfly Black with the Dunus for a few months and I think they sound great together. A big improvement from previously listening direct from an iPhone. The only downside for me is carrying the added bulk of the USB/lightning adapter and Dragonfly.

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #2,495 of 2,536
 Hi. I've been using a Dragonfly Black with the Dunus for a few months and I think they sound great together. A big improvement from previously listening direct from an iPhone. The only downside for me is carrying the added bulk of the USB/lightning adapter and Dragonfly.

​Thank you for your reply, I was worrying because some reviews online were saying the dragonfly red does not play well with very low impedance iems. Good to know that at least the black gets along well with the dn1k. I will try to get one as soon as i can.

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #2,496 of 2,536
Tried the RHAs today.

MA750 looses to DN1000 out of the box to the Soundstage & Instrument separation also a bit of less Sub Bass, But MA750s are good IEMs no slouch, fast and perfect non bloated mid bass with the compensation of loosing mid clarity and separation..

Really astounding on how Dunu have tuned their 1000s, Exceptional clarity & Bass which extends so deep, Perfect !!

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #2,497 of 2,536
I just listened to my Dunu 1000 again after a long time and am blown away how great they sound. Almost feel like they're better sounding than all my headphones.

Does anyone know a reputable earphone wire repair guy/shop ?

After years they still sound perfect but the wire is completely stiff. I want to re-wire

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #2,499 of 2,536
So my DN-1000s were hanging from my jacket pocket when I got into my car, and the door closed on them. They took a long drive outside the car for 45 mins around Vancouver... The left side isn't working anymore and the jack's black part got trimmed a bit which makes them hard to plug into my phone. 

Is this something Dunu would be able to repair? Is it worth it?

Any recommendations for an upgrade on them from Dunu's lineup? I love their sound and build quality so I am not interested in other brands at this point. 

Apr 23, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #2,501 of 2,536
I think he'd be better off with DN2000 adding more air and space to the sound maintaining the same class of exceptional sound with more supple cable benefits and extra fins for comfort, With just a minor loss of Bass which is done to help to make them less congested vs DN1k. While the 2KJ is more of a different sound tuning for analytical signature..

Else can give a shot to the DN3001 Quad Driver monster, 3 BA + 1Dyn with LCP driver for spectacular Bass and clarity and soundstage.

Jun 6, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #2,503 of 2,536
hi guys, i'm pretty new here, can you suggest some headphones that matches approximatedly the response of the Dunu Dn1000. Right now i have a Fidelio X2 but i certainly miss some of the 'energy' the Dunu possess in the highs.

Jun 18, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #2,504 of 2,536
hi guys, i'm pretty new here, can you suggest some headphones that matches approximatedly the response of the Dunu Dn1000. Right now i have a Fidelio X2 but i certainly miss some of the 'energy' the Dunu possess in the highs.

Personally I think this IEM has very very small set of similar sounding gear, DN2K, IE800 comes close, Also FLC 8S, perhaps the Earsonics Velvet. In the headphones I don't know that realm but I guess the HD600 and HD650 are quite good..

I'm also looking forward to buy a good headphones, No idea where to start when I think of DN1Ks type sound..

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #2,505 of 2,536
Concerning to iem's world (much more diversity of different 'flavours' than with headphones) i mainly have in mind the FLC8s. I already have a ibasso it03 which is better than Dunu in some aspects (low and medium range) but find it less exciting than Dunu in the highs.

Last year I tried HD650 for about a month and don't like at all. In fact i consider them almost opposite to DUNU in sound signature, especially in the highs (very tamed in the HD650).
What do you think? Maybe some Beyers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back