Custom cable interest?
Jun 18, 2017 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Meetite

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all.
After recently upgrading my headphone setup and doing a bit of work on my speaker setup and buying a few nicer cables I was wondering about building cables myself.
I personally enjoy building things quite a bit and think that (at least in the beginning) building custom cables may be fun, but as I won't really have an immediate use for them I was wondering what kind of interest the community has in buying custom cables from a newbie such as myself?
To clarify; if I were to start making custom cables (braided, nice connectors, etc. As should be assumed) and sell them (idk a price off the top of my head, I'd need to do a bit more research into cost of materials), how interested would people be in buying them? Assuming their built relatively well, how hard would it be to actually sell them? I don't personally have any audiophile friends so it's not like I can sell any to them.

Advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Jul 4, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 3
I just bought a set of custom cables from Impact Audio on Etsy. Take a look at his pricing, reviews, materials etc. This to me is the sweet spot. Slightly more expensive than a OEM IEM cable, but not as ridiculous as a custom 99.999999% silver cable from Moon Audio.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ImpactAudioCables?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Users who are viewing this thread

Back