Cozoy REI - DAC/Amp for PC/iOS/Android
Feb 5, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #46 of 93
It seems as though the REI was designed primarily for the iPhone crowd as my connectivity has been spotty with some of my devices (DX80, DX200 and HTC10) My Shozy Magic DAC/Amp of comparable size does, however, work just fine with all of these, so if someone is interested in acquiring my REI, please let me know via PM.

Positives are:
Great sound
Small size
Very smooth and gradual volume control

Power required seems to be about the same as the Aegis.

Did I say great sound!

Most dap have poor otg connection for device powered items so dont count that in... dx80 is not even designed for usb connection i guess?

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #47 of 93
Most dap have poor otg connection for device powered items so dont count that in... dx80 is not even designed for usb connection i guess?

I don't know about the design, but the DX80 works perfectly via OTG with my Shozy Magic. I can say that the REI worked just fine with my Linux desktop system but I have no Windows computer to run comparisons.

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #48 of 93
I don't know about the design, but the DX80 works perfectly via OTG with my Shozy Magic. I can say that the REI worked just fine with my Linux desktop system but I have no Windows computer to run comparisons.

I see.....
It will run on quite a lot of USB connection anyways :)
recommended to use it on a mac or desktop for the best output power

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #49 of 93
I see.....
It will run on quite a lot of USB connection anyways :)
recommended to use it on a mac or desktop for the best output power

Yes, I can confirm that it sounds outstanding when paired with my desktop Linux computer streaming Tidal. Puts many expensive desktop DACs to shame!

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #51 of 93
  How can the Cozoy REI got double the Iphone volume when both are about 1.0 Vrms and AK380 is 2.2 Vrms unloaded so it might be 1.7 Vrms @32 ohm?
Thanx

Bet the measurement is wrong. But it actually varies on a variable input.
Guess this will not be clarified officially but the could be reference made for those who are interested what vol level it can squeeze out...
simply explaining it will can output higher than the Aegis at full power

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #52 of 93
  How can the Cozoy REI got double the Iphone volume when both are about 1.0 Vrms and AK380 is 2.2 Vrms unloaded so it might be 1.7 Vrms @32 ohm?
Thanx

It doesn't get double the iPhone's volume. It does get more than 6dB more. The output voltage depends also on how the signal going from the DAC to the amp, and the gain in the amp, so a 2,2VRMS amp can actually be quieter than a 1VRMS amp, depending on the signal it is amplifying.

Feb 23, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #54 of 93
I got this from another head-fier and it is pretty dang good. Didn't beat the Mojo but came close enough that I sold the Mojo.

I'm currently using them to drive Focal Elears and they sound glorious.

I wonder why they aren't getting much press?

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #55 of 93

I got this from another head-fier and it is pretty dang good. Didn't beat the Mojo but came close enough that I sold the Mojo.

giphy.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #56 of 93

It's in the press today. check out our REI review here:  http://www.headfonia.com/review-the-cozoy-rei-what-a-surprise/

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #58 of 93
Anyone know where can I find a OTG cable microUSB - USB-C to buy? I am using a adapter, but I would like to have one cable only to be included in the package.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #59 of 93
Anyone know where can I find a OTG cable microUSB - USB-C to buy? I am using a adapter, but I would like to have one cable only to be included in the package.

Haven't tried them myself but these might be what you're looking for:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-Right-Angle-Micro-USB-to-Type-C-OTG-Cable-for-Portable-Digital-DAC-Amplifier/32780150384.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-034-Type-C-to-Right-Angle-Micro-USB-Cable-OTG-for-LG-G5-Nexus-5X-Huawei-6P-HTC-10-/291802637497

I do have 2 micro-to-micro angled cables from the above ebay seller and quality is good.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #60 of 93

Thank you. It's what I am looking for, but I want something like a regular cable, bigger (0.5m or 1.0m).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back