Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Jun 23, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #511 of 1,024
My vote would go to the Mojo, @dmkbox. It should hopefully be able to give you the richness and fullness you want. While the Plenue 2 is on the smoother side of things, it is not as much as some other devices. The Mojo however is and should therefore probably give you the sound you want.

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #513 of 1,024
Cayin i5 vs Plenue 2?

P2 is in a summit-fi category, i5 is mid-fi (and if you want to save money, get their entry level N3 which sounds nearly identical). Not a fair comparison.

Jul 1, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #515 of 1,024
how dies pm1 and pm2 sound? i mean do they sound alike or differnt? is 1 brighter or warmer more detailed etc?

I don't have P1 and never heard it, but it was mentioned in this thread by others who confirmed warmer fuller body sound of P1 vs more neutral revealing (brighter) sound of P2.

Jul 1, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #516 of 1,024
I don't have P1 and never heard it, but it was mentioned in this thread by others who confirmed warmer fuller body sound of P1 vs more neutral revealing (brighter) sound of P2.
so if i liked the cowon plenue D get a p1? i mean i have heard the D sounds like the P1 but the P1 sounds cleaner/smoother/better whatever the proper description is...wait are you reffering to p2 or PM2?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #517 of 1,024
so if i liked the cowon plenue D get a p1? i mean i have heard the D sounds like the P1 but the P1 sounds cleaner/smoother/better whatever the proper description is...wait are you reffering to p2 or PM2?

I'm referring to P2, though I have tested PM2 as well. Please, look under the index of my reviews, I have in there both P2 and PM2.

Jul 2, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #518 of 1,024
Pm sounds better than the D and P1 sounds slightly better than PM.

Jul 2, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #519 of 1,024
First time post. I have had the P2 for a week now and have about 20 hours on it. I also have the P1 so I have a good idea of the upgraded sound and if it is worth it at this point.

The P2 is hands down better to my ears. The P1 has a wonderful warm sound. I felt like I had as good sound as I could want. Upgraditis hit though. The amount of details I hear with the P2 makes the P1 sound veiled by comparison. Mind you the P1 is a great dap but I truly enjoy my music more with the P2.

The P2, to me, has a larger soundstage, better low level detail retreval, and an ease too it. It is not what I would call soft by any means but the music just flows from it. i feared the sound would be too dry and hurt my ears, luckily I was wrong about that.

So far I have no regrets paying $1290.00 for the difference in sound. Having the ability to play in balanced is icing on the cake. I hear a wider soundstage, more air around instruments and singers with balanced. I feel like each instrument is easily separated but still part of the whole. It is easily the best sound I have heard from headphones. I use Sennheiser HD600, HD700, Hifiman 400i, and Sennheiser ie80. My other daps are the pono player, AK jr., and P1. Hope this helps others trying to decide if it is worth upgrading. I'm truly enjoying listening to my music everyday. This purchase is definitely worth it to me.

Jul 4, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #520 of 1,024
New firmware 1.11 for Plenue 2
http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard/zboard.php?id=C08&no=593

New feature:

- In <Settings/System/Locked screen> function, fix to be able to set by button and wheel separately.
- Fix the abnormal playing in some FLAC file.
- Fix the situation which the high volume part wasn’t controlled in specific JetEffect setting.
- Add the function to run the browser when touch the song title of playback screen.

Jul 9, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #521 of 1,024
Hi,
I got my Plenue 2 a few days ago. The sound ist really overwhelming (got shure 846 with moon audio silver dragon cable). I'm curious to know what Digital Filter (sharp roll off etc.) you guys prefer?

Jul 9, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #523 of 1,024
Hi,
I got my Plenue 2 a few days ago. The sound ist really overwhelming (got shure 846 with moon audio silver dragon cable). I'm curious to know what Digital Filter (sharp roll off etc.) you guys prefer?
So far all I'm using is sharp and short delay sharp. I have never used the shure 846 or the silver dragon before. Is the sound bright? If so maybe switch to a different filter, burn in more, or go to a copper cable. What dap did you have before? Hope it gets better for you soon.

Jul 9, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #524 of 1,024
So far all I'm using is sharp and short delay sharp. I have never used the shure 846 or the silver dragon before. Is the sound bright? If so maybe switch to a different filter, burn in more, or go to a copper cable. What dap did you have before? Hope it gets better for you soon.

Yeah, I had the same question, he finds it overwhelming relative to what other source? DAC filters help, but in a subtle way. If he really feels overwhelming, maybe it's time to look into JetEffects and semi-Parametric EQ setting?

Jul 13, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #525 of 1,024
First time post. I have had the P2 for a week now and have about 20 hours on it. I also have the P1 so I have a good idea of the upgraded sound and if it is worth it at this point.

The P2 is hands down better to my ears. The P1 has a wonderful warm sound. I felt like I had as good sound as I could want. Upgraditis hit though. The amount of details I hear with the P2 makes the P1 sound veiled by comparison. Mind you the P1 is a great dap but I truly enjoy my music more with the P2.

The P2, to me, has a larger soundstage, better low level detail retreval, and an ease too it. It is not what I would call soft by any means but the music just flows from it. i feared the sound would be too dry and hurt my ears, luckily I was wrong about that.

So far I have no regrets paying $1290.00 for the difference in sound. Having the ability to play in balanced is icing on the cake. I hear a wider soundstage, more air around instruments and singers with balanced. I feel like each instrument is easily separated but still part of the whole. It is easily the best sound I have heard from headphones. I use Sennheiser HD600, HD700, Hifiman 400i, and Sennheiser ie80. My other daps are the pono player, AK jr., and P1. Hope this helps others trying to decide if it is worth upgrading. I'm truly enjoying listening to my music everyday. This purchase is definitely worth it to me.

Hi Dukebb13 .. I would be interested to hear thought on how AK Jr compares to the P2? I currently own the AK Jr and looking to upgrade. My current setup is A12 (m20) with ALO Ref8 cable and AK Jr.

Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back