Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Apr 24, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #392 of 1,024
Then must use Cowons eq, its good.

Thats true though. Main selling point I see on Cowon DAPs is the JetEffect EQ that I love on the P1. I do not hear the P1 without the EQ on other than during this AB testing.
But if you aplied the EQ on the 2 players, the difference is really minute.

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #396 of 1,024
Wow that's good news, no need to get it then. Happy with P1 for now. Maybe get custom IEM's or something else. Thanks for your post.

That's for my case, so anyone else might have a different opinion.
P2 is an enjoyable DAP though but if I have the P1 as well, an upgrade was not really justifiable at this moment.

On a sidenote, doing A/B testing on P1 and P2 was not easy without an input selector. The volume level resets each time the headphone is removed from jack. :frowning2:

I heard Opus #3 and compared to my Opus #1 and felt similar.
Now I am only left with AK KANN to try out. :)

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #397 of 1,024
That's for my case, so anyone else might have a different opinion.

P2 is an enjoyable DAP though but if I have the P1 as well, an upgrade was not really justifiable at this moment.

On a sidenote, doing A/B testing on P1 and P2 was not easy without an input selector. The volume level resets each time the headphone is removed from jack. :frowning2:

I heard Opus #3 and compared to my Opus #1 and felt similar.

Now I am only left with AK KANN to try out. :)

Trick to A/B is to use a headphone jack adaptor and that will keep the volume set so you can switch the headphone and the volume stays where you matched both at.

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #398 of 1,024
Thats true though. Main selling point I see on Cowon DAPs is the JetEffect EQ that I love on the P1. I do not hear the P1 without the EQ on other than during this AB testing.
But if you aplied the EQ on the 2 players, the difference is really minute.

You made that testing with EQ ON for P1 and EQ OFF for P2?

Apr 25, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #400 of 1,024
Wow that's good news, no need to get it then. Happy with P1 for now. Maybe get custom IEM's or something else. Thanks for your post.

yeah me too, I learned that not every new release is a real upgrade especially if you own p1 or pm2

but if you are in the market for a dap and do not own p1 or pm2 then this would be on the top list to buy

happy that I do not need to spend more on daps, as I already pre-ordered the AK KANN

Apr 25, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #403 of 1,024
Apr 25, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #405 of 1,024
but if you eq youll get the bass.

That's the point if you EQ and just to get both to sound similar, is an upgrade justifiable where you need to fork out additional cash?
And what about treble reproduction and overall transparency?

Treble can get sibilant on P2 which I did not experience on same track played on P1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back