Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 20, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #33,076 of 42,765
Thanks, guys! It worked. I've been using it for hours today (trickle-charging + playback) with no problems. It still gets warm, of course. I put it up on its side in case that might help.

(See update post below.)

How so?

I don't hear a difference between charging and not charging during playback. (I tested this by unplugging/replugging it while various music was playing.)

Or perhaps you meant the longevity of the Mojo's internal battery?

Basically yes, for me its more about longer battery life and less noisy charging, my Mojo has that annoying noise when charging from all the mains chargers I've tried.

Jul 20, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #33,077 of 42,765
Jul 20, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #33,080 of 42,765
Well i just bought a mojo last week , I never realy considered it even with the overwhelming majority vote, previous daps fiio x3, x5, and still own fiiox7 and opus1 but i have to say I love the mojo (sorry still love my opus1 though) if i had any gripe it would be lack of instructions, chord seriously need to do better in that front , it took me a while to get foobar to play all my different formats , I have to admit I have always used daps as a standalone and never as desktop dac so a bit of a learning curve for me.
Im still trying to find a decent software that is more user friendly than foobar so any suggestions would be great, I have tried music bee which is nice and user friendly but i don't think is able to play dsd.

Jul 20, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #33,083 of 42,765
Hi,
I just bought the Chord Mojo and I've connected that to my macbook pro. For some reason the power button is always red. Even if I play flac quality (downloaded songs), or if I play songs through master in tidal? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Jul 20, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #33,084 of 42,765
FLAC from Tidal is RBCD 44/16 and the color for that resolution is red. so that's correct.

Master MQA through Tidal app should get your colors to change to green though. are you using USB? make sure your settings look like this:

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 4.14.17 PM.png

Jul 20, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #33,085 of 42,765
FLAC from Tidal is RBCD 44/16 and the color for that resolution is red. so that's correct.

Master MQA through Tidal app should get your colors to change to green though. are you using USB? make sure your settings look like this:

Thank you, it still didn't work though. I've also tried playing FLAC files in Vox. But the color still didn't change..

I just plugged in the chord mojo into my macbook pro and I changed the output to the mojo. Should I do something more?

Jul 20, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #33,086 of 42,765
FLAC files can come in many different resolution flavors. what resolution are the files you are trying to play? if 44/16, red is totally fine.

did you choose Mojo in Tidal settings? or "System Default"/'"Built-in Output"?

H2 picture below but should be same result from Mojo

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 4.19.19 PM.png
IMG_2466.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #33,087 of 42,765
FLAC files can come in many different resolution flavors. what resolution are the files you are trying to play? if 44/16, red is totally fine.

did you choose Mojo in Tidal settings? or "System Default"/'"Built-in Output"?

I have the Mojo selected in tidal. Which makes it so all the other sounds played from the computer gets passed through my speakers..
You were correct about the flac file. How do I get all sound to play through the mojo and not only tidal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back