Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 25, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #32,793 of 42,765
Jun 25, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #32,796 of 42,765
How do you feel it works for you? Do you wish you had a desktop dac?

It works great. The clarity, detail and all the qualities that make the Mojo special are all still there. In fact, I had the Oppo HA-1 and the Mojo and Pro iCan is leaps and bounds better in every way. I must confess, I am waiting for the iFi Pro iDSD to be released but in the meantime I have NO problem with using the Mojo as a dac. It's actually pretty scary how good the Mojo is performing with the Pro iCan.

Jun 25, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #32,797 of 42,765
Great to know thanks. I love it as a dac for my d7000. I have been eying a hd800 or lcd-x but need more power. I want the same characteristics of the mojo but amplified to satisfy those headphones. Glad to know it works well.

Jun 25, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #32,798 of 42,765
Jun 26, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #32,799 of 42,765
Anyone us their mojo as the dac in a desktop setup?

Mojo replaced my whole desktop rig. I might have to consider an external amp if I get LCD-3s, but so far I'm satisfied.

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #32,800 of 42,765
chord hugo (1) feeding directly to ahb2 power amp (amp in low gain mode ) and monitor audio rsw 12 sub through rca splitter. speakers are kef r300. hugo is at around blue/purple output . audio recorded through olympus ls100 and video through phone. plenty of ferrite used on the power and digital cables. experience the exceptional dynamics of hugo. for best listen use headphones. thanks !

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #32,801 of 42,765
speakers were set for correct toe-in with my own experience, to get the correct depth perception and frequency balance. cables are furutech custom, source is fiio x3 2k. sub was also carefully matched for level and crossover with my own experience.

Jun 26, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #32,802 of 42,765
chord hugo (1) feeding directly to ahb2 power amp (amp in low gain mode ) and monitor audio rsw 12 sub through rca splitter. speakers are kef r300. hugo is at around blue/purple output . audio recorded through olympus ls100 and video through phone. plenty of ferrite used on the power and digital cables. experience the exceptional dynamics of hugo. for best listen use headphones. thanks !

You cannot expect us to reveal a lot from the audio off of a Youtube video. Even if it was a lossless recording, there would be still some room errors from what I have heard already that would prevent me to judge how good the gear you have sounds. For example, the excessive early reflections and reverberation caused by the lack of diffusers. Get some good treatment to your room man, nice gear but lack of room acoustics.

Jun 26, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #32,804 of 42,765
@turkayguner, thanks for the response. if you would have listened , you would agree that there is plenty of drive and dynamics Hugo has. for those who can't afford Dave or Hugo 2, original Hugo is still has a reason to continue . I believe if the system is set properly ( specially the speakers) the sound is like the performance in that room itself , whatever are the room acoustics and that's what I experience in my untreated room. it's like listening to a person talking in that room. also the reason for wider than natural sound in the video is the mic placement in Olympus LS 100.

Jun 26, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #32,805 of 42,765
I believe if the system is set properly ( specially the speakers) the sound is like the performance in that room itself
I'm pretty sure it would be like that, and that's where Chord excels in my opinion. Their products reproduce the audio signal in such a way that you feel like it is alive right around you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back