Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 20, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #32,345 of 42,765
Could somebody send me a link of what cable I need to play music on my Sony xz through the chrome mojo?

May 21, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #32,348 of 42,765
Hi, I'd like to have a new desktop DAC/AMP and would really like to get either the m9xx or the m900. Both would cost about the same ~600€ My "Problem" is that I could get a mojo for 400€ and I don't know what to go for now; I mean I could use the Mojo as a desktop amp, right? please "help"

May 21, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #32,349 of 42,765
Hi, I'd like to have a new desktop DAC/AMP and would really like to get either the m9xx or the m900. Both would cost about the same ~600€ My "Problem" is that I could get a mojo for 400€ and I don't know what to go for now; I mean I could use the Mojo as a desktop amp, right? please "help"
The Mojo is a DAC, with the headphone output taken directly from the DAC.
There is no headphone amp contained within the case - but Mojo does not need one to drive most types of headphones (up to 600 ohms).
Many of us use the Mojo as an input source for a desktop amp, and it performs very well in that role.

If you are looking to drive passive speakers, then you will need to factor in the cost of an amp as well. If budget is an issue, there are pre-owned bargains around on auction sites, or even the ex-demo Yamaha RX-V381 on this page http://www.son-video.com/destockage...45&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Product#DOM3
Some owners of the DAVE dac do drive passive speakers directly from the DAVE, without using an amp, but they do need to be high efficiency speakers.
The Mojo does have less output power, but maybe it is possible to drive desktop monitor type speakers, although I don't remember ever hearing anyone posting about trying this.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #32,350 of 42,765
The Mojo is a DAC, with the headphone output taken directly from the DAC.
There is no headphone amp contained within the case - but Mojo does not need one to drive most types of headphones (up to 600 ohms).
Many of us use the Mojo as an input source for a desktop amp, and it performs very well in that role.

If you are looking to drive passive speakers, then you will need to factor in the cost of an amp as well. If budget is an issue, there are pre-owned bargains around on auction sites, or even the ex-demo Yamaha RX-V381 on this page http://www.son-video.com/destockage...45&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Product#DOM3
Some owners of the DAVE dac do drive passive speakers directly from the DAVE, without using an amp, but they do need to be high efficiency speakers.
The Mojo does have less output power, but maybe it is possible to drive desktop monitor type speakers, although I don't remember ever hearing anyone posting about trying this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply! Kinda helped, yeah! So as I only am using headphones, where the hardest to drive are HD600 and T50rpmk3 I should be perfectly fine with the mojo, right?
I still have a O2 Amp here. I could split the 3,5mm to RCA and then AMP the signal if needed in future, I guess?
Hope I got you right
Thanks again for the answer!

May 21, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #32,351 of 42,765
Thanks for your reply! Kinda helped, yeah! So as I only am using headphones, where the hardest to drive are HD600 and T50rpmk3 I should be perfectly fine with the mojo, right?
I still have a O2 Amp here. I could split the 3,5mm to RCA and then AMP the signal if needed in future, I guess?
Hope I got you right
Thanks again for the answer!

There are plenty of Mojo owners, who report great synergy with the HD600, for example https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/c...in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-842#post-12402777

To use an external amp, all you will need is an 3.5mm to two RCA cable, and they are easy to find.

May 21, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #32,353 of 42,765
I recently got the Meze 99 Classics and I'm using them with the Mojo out of my Laptop as my travel setup.
And holy moly, the Mojo really surprises me every time time I use it.
The fact that such a small device can achieve these musical heights really is startling.

I love this thing.
I also feel like I found my definitive portable setup, and I can totally understand why people would stick with this thing as their primary DAC.

May 21, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #32,354 of 42,765
May 21, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #32,355 of 42,765
With the ios bug (I have it too CCK usb 3) I'm wondering what the experience of using something like the jitterbug is?

With the audio cutoff being so intermittent is it possible that it's an interference thing?

If anyone has one of those usb purifier thing can they comment if they still get the cut outs?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back