Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Apr 28, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #3,258 of 22,467
Oh come on... it's great to see the Noble Lookbook down the right hand side of your screen :L3000:

What if you're a Meze / ie800 kinda guy? :gs1000smile:

My ears change their canal size during a year, a custom IEM would be a nightmare to me, so Noble Wizard CIEM ads are something like a painful colored reminder that I will never be able to use CIEMs...

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #3,259 of 22,467
Thanks for this article musickid, definitely a great read!

The one thing that stuck in my mind was when the author said this:

"The FPGAs installed in Hugo 2 are the same as those used for Mojo. However, Mojo could not demonstrate the best performance in terms of power. Since Hugo 2 can use more electric power, it can demonstrate the performance of FPGA 100%, realized Hugo 2 specifications."

I'm not sure how accurate this is; I was under the impression that Hugo 2 used a slightly bigger FPGA than Mojo but I also gave this possibility a thought after Hugo 2's release.

Maybe Rob or John can clarify if this is the case. If they really did use the same FPGA as Mojo I'm even more impressed!

It is the same FPGA as Mojo (pretty sure but I can't search the thread to find the post). Remember, the Mojo is using ~49000 TAPs but run at half speed for efficiency. John and Rob have said that the computational result was about the equivalent of Hugo1 at ~26000 TAPs. Now the Hugo2 is using the same chip as the Mojo, but run at full capacity for better performance with a loaded / updated WTA filter.

Apr 28, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #3,261 of 22,467
I'm listening to my 2 qute and I'm loving it might wait on the hugo 2 I'm still having fun

We should all stop to appreciate the stuff we already have even though its normal for us to always want the latest and greatest.

But i tell you what for a bit of fun, us head-fiers winning the lottery would make us lethal thats for sure aha.

Apr 29, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #3,264 of 22,467
I also bought a Lottery ticket: This is part of my preparation for MUNICH's HighEnd show in 3 weeks... :wink:

Capture d’écran 2017-04-29 à 12.57.22.png

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #3,266 of 22,467
I assume that your first step was to buy a ticket for the show.
Do you already have a mental list of equipment that is a 'must see'?

Yes I already bought my tickets. I even managed to have a "dealer pass" to be able to attend the first day that is reserved for profesionnal visitors :wink:

MY "must see/hear" list is : CANEVER ZeroUno Tube DAC, Chord HUGO2, Auralic Aries 2, Unique Melody ME-1 planar IEM (IF they are there), Audeze LCD-i4 planar IEM, NuPrime OMNIA DAP, GOLDMUNG THA2 DAC/AMP, and may be...A&K AK480 (finger crossed) :)

Unfortunately, 64 audio confirmed they will not attend MUNICH, so I will have to wait for CanJam London to hear their Tia Fourte and A18 IEM

9934898.jpg

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #3,267 of 22,467
Yes I already bought my tickets. I even managed to have a "dealer pass" to be able to attend the first day that is reserved for profesionnal visitors :wink:

MY "must see/hear" list is : CANEVER ZeroUno Tube DAC, Chord HUGO2, Auralic Aries 2, Unique Melody ME-1 planar IEM (IF they are there), Audeze LCD-i4 planar IEM, NuPrime OMNIA DAP, GOLDMUNG THA2 DAC/AMP, and may be...A&K AK480 (finger crossed) :)

Unfortunately, 64 audio confirmed they will not attend MUNICH, so I will have to wait for CanJam London to hear their Tia Fourte and A18 IEM

9934898.jpg
It looks like you will be making a weekend of the show, rather than a day visit.

I read so many posts on the Chord threads, extolling the benefits of expensive tube amps, that I am tempted to visit one of the shows, just to try and hear what all the tube fans are talking about. Maybe 'hear' is a slight misnomer, because some of the tube fans do state that a good modern expensive tube amp is 'neutral sounding', and does not have the historical 'tube sound' from decades past.

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #3,268 of 22,467
Well, my DAP just died. My fault, but it's dead dead dead. :frowning2:

Anyway, I'm looking around to get another one, and I'm wondering if Chord has said anything about the Hugo 2 equivalent of the Poly. If they have, I'll probably get a used junker to tide me over. If they haven't, I'll assume it's way out on the horizon and get something to keep for a while.

Thanks.

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #3,270 of 22,467
Anyway, I've just been told by my dealer that the Hugo 2 will be ready for distribution in mid May. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get my hands on one soon.

* Btw, where's the simple smiley now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back