Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
Jun 13, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #736 of 4,904
My dealer has just informed me that the new ETA for the Blu 2 is 27 June as Chord are waiting for a single board component. An estimate of 3 to 4 weeks will in fact be 6 weeks, assuming there are no further delays. I'm beginning to wonder why I bothered.

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #737 of 4,904
My dealer has just informed me that the new ETA for the Blu 2 is 27 June as Chord are waiting for a single board component. An estimate of 3 to 4 weeks will in fact be 6 weeks, assuming there are no further delays. I'm beginning to wonder why I bothered.

I had to wait considerably longer than that. I know why I bothered and I would have waited longer. Blu2 is fabulous. You will enjoy it all the more for waiting. Well maybe not but you know what I mean.

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #738 of 4,904
I had to wait considerably longer than that. I know why I bothered and I would have waited longer. Blu2 is fabulous. You will enjoy it all the more for waiting. Well maybe not but you know what I mean.

Silly me, I should be rejoicing, maybe even asking Chord to put it back for as long as you had to wait to further enhance my listening experience.

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #739 of 4,904
Silly me, I should be rejoicing, maybe even asking Chord to put it back for as long as you had to wait to further enhance my listening experience.

There you go. Glad you are happy now.

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #740 of 4,904
Oh bugger. Just placed an order today for a Dave and blu2. Will santa be delivering I wonder

Jun 13, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #741 of 4,904

To be fair to Chord I think their guidance has always been 5-6 weeks. In the UK certainly. Maybe your dealer was being a little too optimistic.

Jun 13, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #742 of 4,904
My dealer in the US assured me that the American supplier, Bluebird Music, would be shipping Blu2 at some time in the month of June. Now I wonder if they'll be able to meet that time estimate given what you say about Chord supply chain delay. Oh well, at least I have a pair of 75 ohm Canare BNC cables laying in waiting.

Jun 13, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #743 of 4,904
To be fair to Chord I think their guidance has always been 5-6 weeks. In the UK certainly. Maybe your dealer was being a little too optimistic.

He got all the dates from Chord, including a general email a week or so ago saying that they hoped to fulfill outstanding orders by last Thursday or Friday. No mention of 5 -6 weeks. Looks like I should be asking people other than Chord or my dealer what the likley delivery time will be as they seem to know more about these things.

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #744 of 4,904
He got all the dates from Chord, including a general email a week or so ago saying that they hoped to fulfill outstanding orders by last Thursday or Friday. No mention of 5 -6 weeks. Looks like I should be asking people other than Chord or my dealer what the likley delivery time will be as they seem to know more about these things.

I was told 5-6 weeks by two sources who phoned Chord direct. Then I contacted Chord and they said exactly the same. 100% consistency and I suspect it will be bang on.

Jun 13, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #745 of 4,904
I was told 5-6 weeks by two sources who phoned Chord direct. Then I contacted Chord and they said exactly the same. 100% consistency and I suspect it will be bang on.

That doesn't explain why Chord chose to be inconsistent with me, and someone else I know who was also told four weeks. In fact, I'm not sure it etstablishes much at all.

Anyway, I'm heartily fed up with this. Obviously, the error is mine, not Chords, and I'm out of here.

Jun 13, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #746 of 4,904
I emphatise. Waiting is not fun especially when it's uncertain how long you have to wait. But my experience with new products is that this occurs more frequently than not. From Schiit to Smyth to Focal and yes Chord, I've waited for a lot of things.

More importantly- none of us can help give you accurate information. Why not just send a message to John Franks and hear it from the horse's mouth about how long it'll take?

Jun 14, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #747 of 4,904
patiently waiting but damn this is testing me!

Jun 15, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #749 of 4,904
What is Blu2? Is it some unicorn?

No, it is a truly serious attempt at delivering the digital promise. 30 years in the making and I am sure like all good things, worth waiting for. :)

Jun 15, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #750 of 4,904
Is Blu 2 the end though? I doubt it.

If DAVE's output stage can resolve the performance of a noise shaper with 350dB of resolution, then Blu 2 seems to be far short.

Now playing: Stina Nordenstam - Fireworks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back