Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 24, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #9,662 of 33,689
19390577_1414701611956571_4738452754658375304_o.jpg

Loving these...

Jun 24, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #9,663 of 33,689
No comparison whatsoever. The urbanfun hybrid is the (only) one you want.

That's the one with the braided cable? I got the smooth grey rubber cable version myself. Must say that it really sounds okay. Couldn't it be a revision to cut costs on (cable) materials? I know KZ did more or less revise their ZST. Seems to happen from time to time.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #9,667 of 33,689
Yup, not far off the Xelento and also close to the Whizzer A15 which fit my ears like a glove.

I still prefer my gloves on my hands

oj-simpson-murder-case-bloody-glove-20140611.jpg

Jun 24, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #9,669 of 33,689
Wildly underrated earphones here in Head-Fi Chi-Fi land. They are truly extraordinry in fit, build and comfort. Remarkable soundstage. Beautiful tuning.

Which ones are you talking about - the Xelento or the Whizzer A15?

Jun 24, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #9,671 of 33,689
Anyone know anything about the JBMMJ MJ9013?

I searched and found absolutely no reviews or comments anywhere.

I'm seeing conflicting information on the specs. Some sellers list a 13mm driver, 32ohm, freq response 6-23500Hz. Then others list a 6mm driver, 16ohm, generic 20Hz-20kHz freq response.

There's also 2 styles of photos (actual not renderings) - some show it as open design by the nozzle (an interesting design), and others show it as sealed in that same area. Also 2 different strain reliefs, and the letter "J" in "JBM" looks different as well. I'm not sure if they revised the design or if some of these are fakes.

Anyone own this and can provide some input as to sound, specs, or which photo is accurate?

Thanks!

Update on this. I received these today and they are total junk.

It has terrible build quality - cheap lightweight plastic, the aluminum portion is as thin as aluminum foil, the "gold plated" 3.5mm jack is brown and dingy (gold plating my arse), and the 3.5mm jack is flaky so one of the channels cuts out while listening. The sound is poor OOB, and remind me of a notch below the free earbuds that come with cell phones. If I eq the snot out of them I can get halfway decent sound (equal to a $4 KZ), but that's not saying a lot.

The one I received looks like the 2nd one I posted - 'closed' housing (vs the sexy open housing in the 1st photo), paper thin noodle cable, inadequate strain relief, and the printing on the zippered accessory case is crooked and blurry. Since I have nothing to compare it to I have to assume it's 'genuine'. But if you were a stranger and walked up to me on the street, showed them to me and asked me if I thought they was genuine or counterfeit, I'd tell you they seemed as counterfeit as a 3 dollar bill (based on sound/build quality alone and the blurry printing on the case).

All in all, a waste of money. I cant even give them away because of the channel cutting out issue. And I'm not going to spend a dime terminating with a new 3.5mm jack because the sound isn't even that good. Needless to say, based on this experience, I don't plan on trying any more of the JBMMJ brand.

Looks like it's destined as another cat toy *sigh*.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #9,672 of 33,689
Update on this. I received these today and they are total junk.

It has terrible build quality - cheap lightweight plastic, the aluminum portion is as thin as aluminum foil, the "gold plated" 3.5mm jack is brown and dingy (gold plating my arse), and the 3.5mm jack is flaky so one of the channels cuts out while listening. The sound is poor OOB, and remind me of a notch below the free earbuds that come with cell phones. If I eq the snot out of them I can get halfway decent sound (equal to a $4 KZ), but that's not saying a lot.

The one I received looks like the 2nd one I posted - 'closed' housing (vs the sexy open housing in the 1st photo), paper thin noodle cable, inadequate strain relief, and the printing on the zippered accessory case is crooked and blurry. Since I have nothing to compare it to I have to assume it's 'genuine'. But if you were walk up and just show it to me on the street and ask me if I thought it was genuine of counterfeit, based on sound/build quality alone and the blurry printing on the case I would tell you it's as counterfeit as a 3 dollar bill.

All in all, a waste of money. I cant even give them away because of the channel cutting out issue. And I'm not going to spend a dime terminating with a new 3.5mm jack because the sound isn't even good. Needless to say, based on this experience, I don't plan on trying any more of the JBMMJ brand.

Looks like it's destined as another cat toy *sigh*.

Well you can't blame kitty,

cat toys.jpg

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #9,673 of 33,689
Wildly underrated earphones here in Head-Fi Chi-Fi land. They are truly extraordinry in fit, build and comfort. Remarkable soundstage. Beautiful tuning.
I have to agree with you. Apart from a slightly flabby bass and the memory wire they are fun as heck and the build quality is stellar. The airy treble is outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back