Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Apr 16, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #931 of 7,153
  I have been watching the A5 Pro on Groupon for a while now. November of last year they went on sale for $80.00 for a couple of weeks. The only reason I didn't pull the trigger was I had literally bought the Fidelio l2s a few days before these went on sale....I would watch for them to drop in price on Groupon.

$80 for the A5 Pro is a steal.

I wish the Fidelio X2 would go on sale at that kind of price.

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #932 of 7,153
Apr 16, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #933 of 7,153
Yeah I believe slowpickr got them for that groupon price. It's his pair I'm borrowing

Did I hear someone call my name? Yes, they were $80 on Groupon back then. Outstanding bargain at that price. There is a dedicated thread for them here that mentioned that deal. It was also listed in the deals thread over in the members lounge. That deals thread is expensive lol!

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #934 of 7,153
Did I hear someone call my name? Yes, they were $80 on Groupon back then. Outstanding bargain at that price. There is a dedicated thread for them here that mentioned that deal. It was also listed in the deals thread over in the members lounge. That deals thread is expensive lol!

Yeah $80 is the price of the freaking 9500S I have lol. I thought I sent my sister a link to those for xmas but it was actually the HAS30, not mad bc I love the HAS-30 though

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #935 of 7,153
  Yeah $80 is the price of the freaking 9500S I have lol. I thought I sent my sister a link to those for xmas but it was actually the HAS30, not mad bc I love the HAS-30 though

Wait, $80 is referring to the 9500? I thought we were talking about the A5 Pro for $80.

Cruelhand Luke said "I have been watching the A5 Pro on Groupon for a while now. November of last year they went on sale for $80.00 for a couple of weeks."

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #936 of 7,153
Wait, $80 is referring to the 9500? I thought we were talking about the A5 Pro for $80.

Cruelhand Luke said "I have been watching the A5 Pro on Groupon for a while now. November of last year they went on sale for $80.00 for a couple of weeks."

Yes and I'm saying that he got the A5 Pro for the price of the 9500S. The A5 retailed at near $500 I believe when they came out. They are def a level above the 9500S.

On that note I need to hold off on the Fidelio X2 unless I can somehow find them super cheap.

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #937 of 7,153

80$!
eek.gif

I paid 230€ but am happy with it so far, too. Because the A5Pro are really good headphones (btw. imo outperform soundwise the also good Sony MDR 1000X which I received the same time)

I tried to find in the web the replacement ear muffs PCU110/00 and some replacement cables (plug seems to be Philips customized)
Q:         Does anyone know a source where I can get the earmuffs at least?

Q:         Does someone of the A5Pro owner also have the Bosshifi B8 or ISK HD9999?
I have both in purchase but am already interested in a brief comparison with the A5Pro. Are both on the same level regarding sound quality or is the Philips a step up?

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #938 of 7,153
Anyone try these?

https://youtu.be/jV-5TlhfNPw

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #939 of 7,153
HAS-30 continue to impress me. I do still wish there was an easy cable upgrade option. I found these are especially good for watching YT videos on my phone but the cable is long and heavy.

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #940 of 7,153
  HAS-30 continue to impress me. I do still wish there was an easy cable upgrade option. I found these are especially good for watching YT videos on my phone but the cable is long and heavy.

I love my Marantz MPH-2's to pieces...same exact HP w/slight cosmetic differences.

I've gotten several endgame amps in recent months (capable of balanced connection for new ZMF Ori's). Anyway, the MPH-2's haven't been getting much head time lately, so 2-3 weeks I pulled them out & tried them these amps, which I'd become quite familiar via the Ori (Violectric V281 & Audio GD SA-31SE).

Damned if these $50 headphones didn't scale way up--showing me the same pleasing sonic qualities I've learned to appreciate w/these amps through the Ori's (different things for each amp). I was shocked...guess I just assumed the MPH-2's wouldn't be that transparent & adaptable--but they totally are.

These headphones have a really big cost-to-benefit ratio.

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #941 of 7,153
Gonna give them a week or two before I decide if I want to return them to Amazon.

EDIT: Been listening to them open, put them back to closed and I actually prefer it this way

Wasnt blown away straight out of box, needed to warm up to them and them I guess slightly burning in. These are good, very good.

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #942 of 7,153
I got my HP-2011 a few days ago.
First I was disappointed by the build. They seem to be way less capable in this aspect than my Qpad QH-85 which is obvious since it's 80€ vs 33€. (On 07.04 sale with coupons) But in the end that's just a minor flaw since the buildquality is still good enough for them to be expected to last more than a year.
The fitting is worse. The headband is a bit to firm to be comfortable and the leatherpads aren't nice either, to shallow, to stiff. (Again a biiiiig BUT I'm really sensitive on headphones. Instantly get headaches of even slight pressuring headphones, so for everyone else it should be fine)
I'm sad that I forgot to check for the cablelength. I wanted to get a headphone for on the go and these have 3m cable, so I will have to either use them solely at home or get a cabletie.

For the sound:
I directly compared the Qpad QH-85 and the HP-2011 and they seem to be about the same, with the 2011 being brighter, a tad more detailed, a bit more subbass (middlebass is more or less the same) and the 85 with the better soundstage (semi-open vs closed should be obvious)

Then I thought they should have the same base to compare and switched the earpads. With velour on the 2011 they are so much more comfortable and seem to be a bit more even in treblearea.
Now for the QH-85, I thought "What will a pad-switch do beside changing the comfort? Nothing I guess."
Boy, was I wrong. They sounded so  incredibly more muddy with the leatherpads. I was shocked. 
First idea was, that those pads had more foam in front of the driver but they seem to be exactly the same on both sets. I switched back, they were normal again, leather again - muddy.
For me it remains a mystery
I'm glad I found a vendor on AE that sells Kingston Cloud compatible velourpads, so I will order them and compare once again when they get here (So, a month or something like that)

In the end I've got to say, for 30€ they are very capable headphones, especially in soundquality. Better than the Qpad QH-85 which are semi-open QH-90, which are HyperX Clouds in disguise. But get a pair of velourpads with them. (Or go for the HF-2011, the semi-open variant with them pre installed)

Cheers

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #943 of 7,153
The fitting is worse. The headband is a bit to firm to be comfortable and the leatherpads aren't nice either, to shallow, to stiff. (Again a biiiiig BUT I'm really sensitive on headphones. Instantly get headaches of even slight pressuring headphones, so for everyone else it should be fine)

I know this is off-topic, but I am sensitive to clamping force too.

if you ever have a chance to try the Sennheiser Momentum, do it.

It's the most comfortable headphone I own as far as clamping force. The fit is so light & gentle, you will forget that you're even wearing headphones, but at the same time it provides just enough pressure to get an effective seal. Plus the sheepskin pads feel like pillows made of butter on your ears.

When I have a migraine headache, even touching my temples is like sticking a knife in my skull. The Momentum is the only headphone I can wear while I have a migraine.

Apr 24, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #945 of 7,153
Sounds good, thank you. I think I've seen them in our local stores, definitelly will give them a try. :smile:

Sure, let us know your impressions if you try them out.

I also forgot to mention that my comments are in reference to the OVER ear model, not the ON ear model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back