Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
May 15, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #3,181 of 3,742
Highly interesting...I had either in most cases an audible gap or if there is no gap the next song was slightly cut off in the beginning.
Something which doesn't sound right when listening to live albums. Few worked perfectly, but absolutely no clue why some had problems
and some not.

May 15, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #3,182 of 3,742
Highly interesting...I had either in most cases an audible gap or if there is no gap the next song was slightly cut off in the beginning.
Something which doesn't sound right when listening to live albums. Few worked perfectly, but absolutely no clue why some had problems
and some not.

Yeah, same thing I observed. I didn't care much about the feature since I seldom listen straight from an album, but now that I tried it, the feature is working but not 100% as it should. Maybe we can raise this to @Andykong to inform the team.

May 15, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #3,185 of 3,742
well, if you have a lot of live albums in your collection you will find that proper gapless is nearly the most important thing.
And it is so hard to understand why the AndroidApp on which the stock player is based on can do this without issues on your phone while a dedicated DAP cannot!

May 15, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #3,186 of 3,742
well, if you have a lot of live albums in your collection you will find that proper gapless is nearly the most important thing.
And it is so hard to understand why the AndroidApp on which the stock player is based on can do this without issues on your phone while a dedicated DAP cannot!

Possible answer could be that the HibyMusic app was originally developed and intended for smartphone use, and modifying it for the i5 use wasn't executed flawlessly. You're aware that the OS of the i5 is a heavily modified android, right? Perhaps that's the reason. They should develop a software that is intended and solely designed for the structure of the i5.

May 15, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #3,187 of 3,742
and some not.
That's different behaviour compared to mine.

When using 'random track' it would cut the last couple of seconds of a track when going to the next, which is very annoying.

As far as a gap goes between tracks, it was clearly audible.

May 15, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #3,188 of 3,742
Hi,

any known issue with line out?

just arrived me the i5. Updated to 2.2 fw.
my other gears: fiio x3 2nd, oppo Pm-3, hifiman he-560, fiio E12 DIY with muses02.
The E12diy incredibly boost the x3 2nd giving him more body.

Despite of my expectations, the combination i5+e12diy(line out)+heaphones is quite poor compared to x3II: power is missing and I really don't understand how it can be possible.
While using the internal dac no problem.

May 15, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #3,189 of 3,742
You're aware that the OS of the i5 is a heavily modified android, right?

Totally aware. But a designated DAP should have proper gapless a a basic function. Ok, it didn't work on release so after some firmware updates it should be ok. But after nearly one year it still isn't. If you launch a DAP you should be aware of the requirements of your targeted customer group.

May 16, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #3,190 of 3,742
Totally aware. But a designated DAP should have proper gapless a a basic function. Ok, it didn't work on release so after some firmware updates it should be ok. But after nearly one year it still isn't. If you launch a DAP you should be aware of the requirements of your targeted customer group.

I agree on this though. It should have been solved early on. This is probably easier to fix compared to the sound cut problems that other DAPs are having right now.

May 16, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #3,191 of 3,742
hey guys I got the fiio x5 3rd gen and I am not too happy with it, many bugs, slow, apps crashing, spotify deleting offline songs whenever you reboot, Equalizer doesn't work at all on spotify so I am debating on getting the cayin i5. My question is are the devs still active since it is a year old ? do they still release new firmware updates or has it slowed down ?

May 16, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #3,192 of 3,742
hey guys I got the fiio x5 3rd gen and I am not too happy with it, many bugs, slow, apps crashing, spotify deleting offline songs whenever you reboot, Equalizer doesn't work at all on spotify so I am debating on getting the cayin i5. My question is are the devs still active since it is a year old ? do they still release new firmware updates or has it slowed down ?
I don't think they are. No response from representatives anymore. So sad, less than one year old and it is abandoned. Promised features are not fulfilled...

May 17, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #3,193 of 3,742
I don't think they are. No response from representatives anymore. So sad, less than one year old and it is abandoned. Promised features are not fulfilled...
That's what pissing me off... How can such a young device be abandoned by its creators and representatives so soon? I hope they are just taking a break. I mean, as I said the list of things that should get a fix asap is small, it should not be such a problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back