Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
May 19, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #3,781 of 5,394
OK.. So I got the Dorado and it sounds great... The only problem is that it has a tad too much bass. I can equalize it down, but I'd prefer not to. Does the bass tone down with burn in?

I remember trying it at Canjam and I don't recall this much bass.

May 19, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #3,782 of 5,394
Just got my dorado today and im loving it. What tips are you guys using?? Only the foam tips are working for me, the silicon and spinfit just cant get a good seal for me. Will complys be even better? TX-400?

May 21, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #3,783 of 5,394
I've sent a couple PMs, but I figure I'll ask in the thread as well:

Ibasso CB12--I saw someone in the IT03 thread saying the connectors don't jive with Campfire IEMs. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Did you get any PM replies on this? I was about to order the CB12 until I read the same thing.

May 21, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #3,785 of 5,394
Did you get any PM replies on this? I was about to order the CB12 until I read the same thing.

From Paul at iBasso:

"Hello, The connector is MMCX so it should be fine but we have the mold come down a little further because some didn't like how freely the IT03 swiveled. The molding makes contact and through friction keeps the IT03 from moving so easily. This most likely would interfere with the connection on the Campfire IEM but the molding is easy to trim off that comes down a few millimeters. With it trimmed of it should fit as it is a standard high quality original MMCX connector. I don't have any Campfire IEMs here to try but I have read they are very good. Also the CB13 would be a nice match for expensive IEMs but also would need to be trimmed.

Best regards, Paul"

I have both the CB12 and the Fidue A83 balanced cable coming, so, we'll see what's what. The VE balanced cable was a great deal for $15, but not a permanent solution. Though, honestly, I'm enjoying the Lyra II single-ended so much, I wondering why I'm bothering at all.

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #3,786 of 5,394
From Paul at iBasso:

"Hello, The connector is MMCX so it should be fine but we have the mold come down a little further because some didn't like how freely the IT03 swiveled. The molding makes contact and through friction keeps the IT03 from moving so easily. This most likely would interfere with the connection on the Campfire IEM but the molding is easy to trim off that comes down a few millimeters. With it trimmed of it should fit as it is a standard high quality original MMCX connector. I don't have any Campfire IEMs here to try but I have read they are very good. Also the CB13 would be a nice match for expensive IEMs but also would need to be trimmed.

Best regards, Paul"

I have both the CB12 and the Fidue A83 balanced cable coming, so, we'll see what's what. The VE balanced cable was a great deal for $15, but not a permanent solution. Though, honestly, I'm enjoying the Lyra II single-ended so much, I wondering why I'm bothering at all.

Thanks! Now my concern is whether or not I can trim the connector without making it look like crap :triportsad:

May 22, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #3,789 of 5,394
Just got my dorado today and im loving it. What tips are you guys using?? Only the foam tips are working for me, the silicon and spinfit just cant get a good seal for me. Will complys be even better? TX-400?

I bought Comply Tsx -400 (comfort) and they are comfortable and seal well; they sound as good as the stock foam... maybe cut down the bass slightly for me since the stock tips were so darn tight.

May 22, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #3,790 of 5,394
I bought Comply Tsx -400 (comfort) and they are comfortable and seal well; they sound as good as the stock foam... maybe cut down the bass slightly for me since the stock tips were so darn tight.

I have some coming, so this is good news. Love the Lyra's, but fit is a pain in the ass.

May 22, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #3,792 of 5,394
I have some coming, so this is good news. Love the Lyra's, but fit is a pain in the ass.

I find the Vega which has the same shell as Lyra easy to fit. I stick with the stock foam (medium tips) though since the other tips barely fits me.

May 22, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #3,793 of 5,394
The Lyra II has wonderful synergy with my Aurender Flow. Dynamic sounding, transparent and has great bass slam. The Lyra II like the Vega seems to scale really well with higher end gear.

Last edited:
May 22, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #3,794 of 5,394
The Lyra II has wonderful synergy with my Aurender Flow. Dynamic sounding, transparent and has great bass slam. The Lyra II like the Vega seems to scale really well with higher end gear.

Which IEM has warmer mids and more, lushness and maybe brassy sound to cymbals instead of steel sound? It's difficult to describe sound signatures, isn't it??

When I get in a car where I can adjust the radio, I typically put the audio back to flat and then up the bass and mids by 1.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #3,795 of 5,394
So did you listen to the Vega too? Trying to figure out the different sound of each. I enjoy the Vega but not sure if I want something a little more laid back or not. Have maybe a week left on the return policy.

I haven't, but I'm the odd bird that read the Vega reviews back when I deciding between the two and thought, "Mmm, no." The Massdrop just sealed the deal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back