Broken Sennheister HD 598 Adapter
May 26, 2017 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Dirk.Janssen20

New Head-Fier
Hi you all,

I recently bought a Sennheister HD 598 and am very satisfied with my purchase. However, since yesterday my PC stopped recognizing the headphone. I am certain this is due to the fact that I accidentally beny the 3.5 mm adapter (that made it possible for my headphone to be connected to my pc).
Where can I buy a replacement? I am a little bit afraid to buy just a random adapter on a random webshop since I don't want any quality loss whatsoever. Does it really matter what kind of adapter you buy. I do see some differences in price range...

Also, since I am here now anyway, are there any tips/tricks to make the most out of my headphone? Any additional equipment I should buy? Some settings I should change? If you have some tips, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Kind regards,
Dirk

May 26, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 9
Hi you all,

I recently bought a Sennheister HD 598 and am very satisfied with my purchase. However, since yesterday my PC stopped recognizing the headphone. I am certain this is due to the fact that I accidentally beny the 3.5 mm adapter (that made it possible for my headphone to be connected to my pc).
Where can I buy a replacement? I am a little bit afraid to buy just a random adapter on a random webshop since I don't want any quality loss whatsoever. Does it really matter what kind of adapter you buy. I do see some differences in price range...

Also, since I am here now anyway, are there any tips/tricks to make the most out of my headphone? Any additional equipment I should buy? Some settings I should change? If you have some tips, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Kind regards,
Dirk

In the UK, I would probably get this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Audio-Vi...4466&sr=8-21&keywords=6.35mm+to+3.5mm+adapter

These short cable adaptors put a lot less strain on the 3.5mm socket side

May 26, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 9
Some people will add a DAC or an amp or a DAC/amp to a headphone like the HD598, which could improve your listening experience substantially. If you are interested, let us know and we will try to give some recommendations.

May 26, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 9
Hi, thanks for your replies. I think I found a replacement (Adapter KLB 6,3S / KL 3,5 gold) on the official sennheister site.
I actually am interested in a DAC or amp as long as it is not too expensive (budget 0-75€) and is good worth for your money (Does it really improve my listening experience). I mainly use my headphone for gaming and watching movies.

May 26, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 9
Hi, thanks for your replies. I think I found a replacement (Adapter KLB 6,3S / KL 3,5 gold) on the official sennheister site.
I actually am interested in a DAC or amp as long as it is not too expensive (budget 0-75€) and is good worth for your money (Does it really improve my listening experience). I mainly use my headphone for gaming and watching movies.
Will a DAC or amp or both improve your listening experience? Only one way to know and that is to add them and see what you think. That said, a decent DAC and amp should provide some meaningful improvement for you. At your budget level something like the FiiO Q1 would be a good choice. That or a Schiit Fulla 2. Either one, really, would do.

May 27, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #7 of 9
Thanks for your reply.
Last question: On my PC I have 2 (3.5 mm) input options for my headphone, one in the front and one in the back. Does it matter which one I use?

It's best to use the one directly connected to the motherboard. When you connect through the front panel of your case, the wiring from the front of the case to the motherboard usually picks up a fair bit of noise.

May 28, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #8 of 9
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I tried connecting another headphone directly to the motherboard, only when watching the movie it didn't pick up the voices of the people speaking. I was only able to hear the background music and noise for some strange reason.
Maybe it is because the inputs there are only suitable for 7.1/5.1 surround sound speakers?

May 28, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #9 of 9
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I tried connecting another headphone directly to the motherboard, only when watching the movie it didn't pick up the voices of the people speaking. I was only able to hear the background music and noise for some strange reason.
Maybe it is because the inputs there are only suitable for 7.1/5.1 surround sound speakers?

It sounds like either the output jack is broken, your headphone jack won't fit in properly or you have some sort of DSP on. I highly doubt it is for 7.1/5.1 surround sound speakers as they will usually be RCA outputs rather than a 3.5mm output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back