Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
May 10, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #6,601 of 6,668
Jun 16, 2017 at 2:12 AM Post #6,602 of 6,668
I'm still very happy with my ak100ii, but unfortunately I have to look for alternatives..

Reasons for this are:
- it stutters a lot after a while of usage when hooked up to a mac (tried both my work and personal computer)
- they won't update Tidal to support offline music any time soon (if at all)
- they won't update the Qobuz app at all (and I'm switching from Tidal to Qobuz Sublime with discounts on HiRes purchases)

I've had email contact with their support and they don't have any issues as a hooked up DAC.

I'm looking for an android DAP, so I can install apps. Maybe the X7 (or ii coming out soon) or the X5iii.

But I'm really in love with the sound of my ak100ii, so I'm still in doubt.

Jul 16, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #6,607 of 6,668
Sep 30, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #6,609 of 6,668
So... Tidal stopped working for me on my AK120II. I mean, the app starts, it lets me search for music etc. but as soon as I try to play a stream, it has a red banner on the top of the screen that says "Playback error. User trying to get streamurl does not have a valid session". My Tidal subscription works just fine from my other devices (iPhone, Mac, etc.). I'm using Tidal version 1.1 on the AK120II, which it tells me is the latest version. It had worked fine for months, up until a few days ago.

This is frustrating to say the least. Anyone have any ideas?

edit: alright never mind, I logged out of my Tidal account & logged back in, and that fixed it. I'd tried rebooting the AK120II a bunch of times, and that didn't work, so that's what had confused me...

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #6,610 of 6,668
Yeah, I had the same issue a while back. Logging out and back in solves it. I'm still hoping for offline support, but I've had contact with A&K's support team and they said the update from Tidal is TBD..

Oct 25, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #6,611 of 6,668
Hmm, strange behavior I noticed today to my dismay..

when I unmount or remove the SD card - all the songs that I had on my SD card disappear from all my playlists! :frowning2: Anyone else noticing this?

Also - are the 2.5mm jacks known to go bad? Or the power button? Starting to notice that I have to press the power button a little harder lately to get the button press to register - and the 2.5mm jack sometimes cuts out on the right channel, though I'm not sure if its the jack or the cable at this point..

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #6,614 of 6,668
Does anyone have a link to the change log for the 1.35 update for the AK100ii ?

I do not, but I can report that I updated and suspect it has introduced some bugs ... at least, I'm noticing problems today that certainly didn't exist before I updated a few days ago:
  1. When I "Play All" from a folder, the device always thinks there's 1 more track than there is. And when it gets to that track, it says "Playback unavailable. Song moved."
  2. It repeats my playlist, regardless of whether I have repeat turned on. Setting it to repeat a single track still works as expected.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Nov 14, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #6,615 of 6,668
I do not, but I can report that I updated and suspect it has introduced some bugs ... at least, I'm noticing problems today that certainly didn't exist before I updated a few days ago:
  1. When I "Play All" from a folder, the device always thinks there's 1 more track than there is. And when it gets to that track, it says "Playback unavailable. Song moved."
  2. It repeats my playlist, regardless of whether I have repeat turned on. Setting it to repeat a single track still works as expected.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

hahaha, yep! can confirm both of those things. I just sent them an email about the bugs :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back